Who else stopped getting guarantees?

LarryA

I don't get the guarantee quite often, the last time I got one was 4wks ago. I'm at 4.92 ratings and drive full time (40 ~ 50 hrs / wk).

gooberMike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't get the guarantee quite often, the last time I got one was 4wks ago. I'm at 4.92 ratings and drive full time (40 ~ 50 hrs / wk).
What the heck man...you offer reacharounds or something??

PRC

From my last conversation with 6 drivers in O'Hare melting pot the trend seems to be that the more you drive - less guarantees you get. Looks like a drug needle to me. They put you on guarantees - you drive more - you get more Uber "free" money - you depend on this income more and more - they shut down the guarantees. Now you need to drive twice as much for the same money. A perfect drug selling structure. But yet again, this is just my theory, based on super limited research and wild assumptions.

HOOSIERGAL

From my last conversation with 6 drivers in O'Hare melting pot the trend seems to be that the more you drive - less guarantees you get. Looks like a drug needle to me. They put you on guarantees - you drive more - you get more Uber "free" money - you depend on this income more and more - they shut down the guarantees. Now you need to drive twice as much for the same money. A perfect drug selling structure. But yet again, this is just my theory, based on super limited research and wild assumptions.
You may be right...I keep getting the hourly guarantees and I don't drive that many hours. They've cheated me out of almost $500, so far, so I'm not going to put myself out until they correct it.

PRC

You may be right...I keep getting the hourly guarantees and I don't drive that many hours. They've cheated me out of almost $500, so far, so I'm not going to put myself out until they correct it.
Going to play devils advocate here, but..... uber's guarantee qualifications are not as strait forward as they seem in the first place. You think that you have qualified, but when you read the fine print and check yourself - you find out that you did not. Just a small example: 6-10 am with 80% acceptance and 1.5 ride per hour. You worked from 6 to 8:01, did 3 rides. Accepted all requests. But you will not qualify because of this one extra minute. They don't round up, so your average will be 1.49 or something similar. Or, another example: Same time period, you did 4 rides and refused 1 pool. But this was your only pool request for that day. And you need to maintain 80% acceptance rate on pool with no regard to the 80% general acceptance rate. So, you basically denied 100% of pool requests, therefore you did not qualify. Now, I am not saying that this is the case with you, cause I obviously have no idea about your particular situation, but just keep these examples in mind and always read carefully the fine print. Hope that helps :smiles:

HOOSIERGAL

Going to play devils advocate here, but..... uber's guarantee qualifications are not as strait forward as they seem in the first place. You think that you have qualified, but when you read the fine print and check yourself - you find out that you did not. Just a small example: 6-10 am with 80% acceptance and 1.5 ride per hour. You worked from 6 to 8:01, did 3 rides. Accepted all requests. But you will not qualify because of this one extra minute. They don't round up, so your average will be 1.49 or something similar. Or, another example: Same time period, you did 4 rides and refused 1 pool. But this was your only pool request for that day. And you need to maintain 80% acceptance rate on pool with no regard to the 80% general acceptance rate. So, you basically denied 100% of pool requests, therefore you did not qualify. Now, I am not saying that this is the case with you, cause I obviously have no idea about your particular situation, but just keep these examples in mind and always read carefully the fine print. Hope that helps :smiles:
I stopped rejecting pools as soon as I started receiving the guarantees. If the pax made a mistake and selected a wrong address, etc., I ask them to cancel. About two weeks ago I received an Uber text that I had missed a pool request, which infuriated me, but it still would not have affected my guarantee. I'm still ticked about the 17 hours they've cheated me...I've sent them screenprints atleast four times now....the support folks do not understand English. I was happy to see the note on the help section regarding the guarantee payments for weekending June 13th were calculated wrong, so I will give them a couple days and I will send an snail mail with all my documents to the corporate office in SF.

PRC

I stopped rejecting pools as soon as I started receiving the guarantees. If the pax made a mistake and selected a wrong address, etc., I ask them to cancel. About two weeks ago I received an Uber text that I had missed a pool request, which infuriated me, but it still would not have affected my guarantee. I'm still ticked about the 17 hours they've cheated me...I've sent them screenprints atleast four times now....the support folks do not understand English. I was happy to see the note on the help section regarding the guarantee payments for weekending June 13th were calculated wrong, so I will give them a couple days and I will send an snail mail with all my documents to the corporate office in SF.
I call their customer service "7 rounds of hell", cause it used to take me 7 back and forth mails to get an out of cane responce. One small thing that helps me - in the beginning and at the end of communication I ask to escalate my matter to the manager/supervisor. Usually helps to get a straight response from the second time.

cubs121221

Last week/weekend was the first week I actually went for, and got in some guarantee. This is the first time in numerous weeks I didn't get a guarantee invite. This week, I got a promo for earning an extra $100 for 20 rides, $150 for 30, and $200 for 40. I'm aimimg for 20. I have a real job, and the offer is over at noon friday.