Who else spoke with Spartan Motors?

agtg

A couple weeks back, an organization by the name of Spartan Motors (you can see their profile page linked below) came and made a thread looking to interview drivers to pick their brains about rideshare.

Here is their profile page: https://uberpeople.net/members/spartan-motors.59180/

Who else participated? Have you received your compensation yet? They promised $100 dollar credit card/gift cards. They talked to me for approximately 30 minutes.

They said cards would be forth-coming in the next 3-4 weeks.

Anyone else participate? Let's keep tabs on when people get their payment. I have not received anything yet. It appears the original thread they created is deleted now.

gofry

I spoke with them. They are trying to develop a delivery van system that can be used for packages like Amazon Flex but configurable for passengers so you can do Uber too, giving drivers/buyers flexibility.

No Visa card yet.

agtg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for chiming in. Yes, it appears they're developing delivery app of sorts.

MikesUber

I spoke with them as well, about a 20 min call. Guy was really chill and it was a pleasant experience, 5-stars (lel). Yeah he did take my mailing address so I assume we're getting the promised compensation. I believe it was a sponsored thread on here as well, locked from replies. I believe the mods heavily vet sponsored threads so I'm not worried about the compensation, they'll deliver. *fingers crossed*

Spartan Motors

Sponsor
Thank you to all that participated in this study! We were very happy with and grateful for the number of responses we received. We would also like to take a moment to reassure you that you will indeed be compensated, as promised, for your participation.

agtg

Thank you to all that participated in this study! We were very happy with and grateful for the number of responses we received. We would also like to take a moment to reassure you that you will indeed be compensated, as promised, for your participation.
Thanks!

Driving and Driven

Let us know when you expand to Dallas. I'd like a heads up. :smiles:

Driving and Driven

They told me 3-4 weeks. Why on earth would it need to be up to 6 weeks?
A start-up business is not easy to get off the ground. Especially something which is a relatively new concept and has not really been made into a turnkey operation. They are expending all of the initial costs of starting and running a business, including research and development, without actually making any income just yet. They either have to be independently wealthy (not likely) or they have to be constantly searching for investors to get things up and going.

The fact they came forward here in the forum is a good sign they intend to make good on their promise soon.

agtg

Got my card. They made good on their word. Thanks, Spartan Motors!

Last edited:

Spartan Motors

Sponsor
Good afternoon everyone. Spartan Motors will be compensating everyone that participated in this study, soon; please do not worry. We greatly appreciate and value the time that you all dedicated to this research and that will not go without the compensation you were promised before you opted to participate.