• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Who else misses this

John McYeet

CABE7F53-5078-483A-A9BB-923BBC209117.png

Haven’t seen this in awhile. In fact last night when a storm hit around 1AM, there were no UberX cars at the airport but 15-20 flights coming in within the hour and the airport maxed out at $9.50 surge.

I did ok but just to think it if would have been at this $14 or $15 surge it could have been a lot better.

Guess I should just be thankful for the profitable airport night in general.

kcdrvr15

I hit the airport too, only didn't take em on lyft, instead drove to terminal, was waived down by pax on curb, $80 to Libery, then returned to airport and repeat, only $65 dollar to down town, then repeat, ect. I quit at 5am, did 4 pickups at the teminals, made $265.
That's how you get even with lyft, and then some. These were all cash rides, with one a credit card.

Just love those flight delays..

John McYeet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hit the airport too, only didn't take em on lyft, instead drove to terminal, was waived down by pax on curb, $80 to Libery, then returned to airport and repeat, only $65 dollar to down town, then repeat, ect. I quit at 5am, did 4 pickups at the teminals, made $265.
That's how you get even with lyft, and then some. These were all cash rides, with one a credit card.

Just love those flight delays..
Dang! How’d you get them to flag you down? You have an Uber sticker on your car??

kcdrvr15

No uber/lyft stickers, but the vehicle is a sport wagon, white, with a checkerboard "racing strip" down each side, with a led taxi sign in the front window. At 3am in the morning, after traveling all day, most people only want a ride home, and don't care if it costs more. I usually quote them a price that is 3 times what lyft/uber would charge. Like I said, got waived down before getting half way around the terminal :smiles:

John McYeet

I finally tried it last night with some flights that were delayed and got in around 3am. You were right, there were no Uber cars around and I got someone to hail me down and made $60 on a ride I know Uber would have given me $20 for! Genius!

kcdrvr15

I finally tried it last night with some flights that were delayed and got in around 3am. You were right, there were no Uber cars around and I got someone to hail me down and made $60 on a ride I know Uber would have given me $20 for! Genius!
Come up with some flat rate fare quotes, Late at night I will at $10-$20 to the flat rate amount. I will figure approx $3 mile. You will stay out of trouble if you get Commercial Livery Insurance, airport ID and vehicle sticker. Don't get mad at uber/lyft for treating us like chumps, get even and then some :smiles:

John McYeet

What all do you have to have to get an airport ID? I was reading into that and it looks like you have to be employed by a limo or taxi company?

kcdrvr15

What all do you have to have to get an airport ID? I was reading into that and it looks like you have to be employed by a limo or taxi company?
You are employed by a taxi company, ( ie Joe Smith DBA Joe's Transportation ). You will need drivers LIc, Birth Certificate, SSN card plus what ever the fee is now. You will get finger printed and then background check by Homeland Security, It's on the airport police web site. If they ask you what company you are working for tell them your self, that your driving your own car, they will want the info on your car too, proof of insurance, inspection, ect.