• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

who else does sidecar

blair

i also do sidecar when i can. it's not as busy as uber but i like the platform more. reminds me of Linux.

zaner

I was thinking about doing sidecar, do you drive for uber and sidecar at the same time?

blair

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yes I have my sidecar ap on at the same time. i find that generally sidecar riders sit in the front more. what happens though, is that the sidecar ap is not very busy at all and sometimes i forget it's on. so my ride acceptance rate on sidecar is very low. often times i'll have an uber passenger in the car and the i will get a sidecar request having forgotten i left it on.

blair

i took a dude on sidecar ride for $48. first time rider. he doesn't pay. i knew he wasn't going to pay. in fact i think he was going to get some meth. he mentioned he didn't have a wallet. so the payment shows pending for 3 days and i contact sidecar and ask them what they do about first time riders with bogus credit cars. turns out if after 15 days sidecar can't get a paymentl, they will cover the ride for up to $75. man i was worried.

UberComic

I signed up for Sidecar while I was waiting for my Uber application to go through. I only got four trips after driving all over Los Angeles over several days. They are the MySpace of rideshare.

jakeV

Myspace was huge before Facebook though. Maybe Uber will be the myspace of rideshare and sidecar will be the facebook?

TheSheibs

I drove for sidecar a couple times. I didn't like that I lost rides to other drivers. I also was making less than with Uber. However they have made a lot of changes to the app. So I might try it again if I get a chance.

LookyLou

First off, I don't currently drive for UberX as of yet but have gained much value from this forum regarding the business in general. I am in Seattle and just tried driving for Sidecar. Only put in a few 4-5 hour nights so far, starting last Friday. I really like the app which gives drivers and riders much more control, but there just are not enough users at this point to make it viable for a driver by itself.

blair

UberX is 10 times the rides for me compared to Sidecar. That being said I do like the sidecar application more. Sidecar comes off more like it should be the genuine p2p without the corporate 20% taker. I don't think they even have a local office here. Two weeks ago I took a $45 sidecar ride for a new user. I knew this guy wasn't going to pay. Sure enough it was pending for 7 days, i contacted sidecar and they said they will cover it up to $45. Ouch for them- but I got paid.