Uber Drivers Forum banner

Who drives at night during weekdays?

1K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Geepney 
#1 ·
After 11pm, I mean. With no incentives, you're barely making minimum wage. I've always been curious as to who, or why, anyone would do this...

#2 ·
I do.

What I do is once incentives are over, I LOG OFF. I sit in one of the typical surge areas and WAIT for the surge to build. Not for a little 1.3, but until the map is bleeding red. Then I turn the app on, and work that surge. It has been a good strategy up until recently, because everyone else was doing the same. Now we have all the noob drivers who don't even log off after boosts end, so I'm not sure what's going to happen this week.

Maybe I shouldn't have spent all that money on Prime Day yesterday. :(

#4 ·
Only idiots! It makes no sense! I have always looked at the maps and there is no surge after those hours. And no 1.3 doesn't count. The only slight surge comes at bar closing. And it's only like 2.0 at tops. So I have no idea why idiots drive after incentives. And no, there isn't a good surge even if they say there is. I have studied this for the last couple months and there is no significant surge. So they can stop lying to themselves to think that it's worth it

#13 ·
I work a graveyard shift at my other job so on monday, tuesday and wednesday to keep a (somewhat) regular sleep schedule I uber from about 2am until mid afternoon. But I only do xl rides so I figure 1.50/mile is worth my time and in between rides I just hangout at my house and watch tv / play keyboard, plus 75% of the time I get an Lax ride that's a 55-65 payout for ~1.5-2.5 hours work (which includes deadmiling it back)

#18 ·
Last night had a guy select request me at 345am in Altadena while I was camping out in Pasadena. Thought it was an airport run. Turns out it was a Starbucks employee late to work because the Lyft driver he pinged was all the way in Burbank (wtf?) they argued back and forth about who's gonna cancel, apparently he got hit with a fee. No uber X for miles around. Ended up being a 30 dollar fare for about 15 minutes of work.

#17 ·
And as to hitting PDB20%, well...OC pdb20% -IS- literally medals for people who dont wanna do core

Or rather Medals are the illegitimate stepchild of hourly guarantees and Lyft PDB20% - with somewhat higher pay than PDB, but way more limitations and strict on/off hours

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.