• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Who displays the Uber sticker?

FenderBender

Over just the past month I have noticed a huge increase in the number of cars with the Uber sticker on the back window. I even see 2 or 3 every morning on my short commute up to my office in Vaughan. Before March, I'd never see them.

Do you wear the Uber logo? Have you had any issues or unwanted attention because of it?

Actionjax

Over just the past month I have noticed a huge increase in the number of cars with the Uber sticker on the back window. I even see 2 or 3 every morning on my short commute up to my office in Vaughan. Before March, I'd never see them.

Do you wear the Uber logo? Have you had any issues or unwanted attention because of it?
Since it's part of the regulations why wouldn't you. Yes I use it whenever I am taking passengers.

FenderBender

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Since it's part of the regulations why wouldn't you.
It has its downsides. It is a flag for being ticketed in some regions. It can lead to some questionable behavior from cabs. It can bring you extra scrutiny from police and bylaw officers. If I drive past you I will stare in your window. Lots of pros and cons :smiles:

Vavvav

If a copy pulls you over, I have had hat happen, I simply shut off the app and tell the passengers to say we are friends. Not worth the hassle of by laws.

Actionjax

It has its downsides. It is a flag for being ticketed in some regions. It can lead to some questionable behavior from cabs. It can bring you extra scrutiny from police and bylaw officers. If I drive past you I will stare in your window. Lots of pros and cons :smiles:
Never had a hassle from Taxis a few looks and that's about it. I get in some regions you might be ticketed. But that's not for having a sticker in your window that's for the pickup itself.

Either way it's part of the regulations. Don't follow and it's a risk to yourself. I see lots of drivers I know are doing Uber and don't use the sticker. Others have it on backwards for whatever reason. (One guy had it on the outside of the window showing the word Uber)

It's a dumb regulation and there are better ways of identifying vehicles for the Toronto By-law system. They are outdated to say the least.

FenderBender

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Never had a hassle from Taxis a few looks and that's about it. I get in some regions you might be ticketed. But that's not for having a sticker in your window that's for the pickup itself.

Either way it's part of the regulations. Don't follow and it's a risk to yourself. I see lots of drivers I know are doing Uber and don't use the sticker. Others have it on backwards for whatever reason. (One guy had it on the outside of the window showing the word Uber)

It's a dumb regulation and there are better ways of identifying vehicles for the Toronto By-law system. They are outdated to say the least.
You're more likely to be caught doing the pickup if you have a big sign on you car that says "Hi I'm Uber!", otherwise it just looks like regular people getting in a car.

Yes it's a risk, as is using the sticker, just in different ways.

What alternative methods of identification would you suggest?

Salman

I even see some cars with stickers in Brampton! My sticket doesnt stick and I dont put it on. I also noticed cars with and without stickers on the road. It's Better to have the sticker on incase if you are stoped by a by-law officer.

Actionjax

You're more likely to be caught doing the pickup if you have a big sign on you car that says "Hi I'm Uber!", otherwise it just looks like regular people getting in a car.

Yes it's a risk, as is using the sticker, just in different ways.

What alternative methods of identification would you suggest?
If I had a say something that hangs from your mirror. Like my parking pass if it had to be physical visual identification.

But Uber could give the bylaw officer an Ipad that would give all the info on the driver before the stop. We all have license plates on our cars.

Would not be that hard to do. The system could tell them you were on trip, off trip and even show your last pickup and drop point.

Lots of ways to empower by-law officers. Sticker is just like you say a magnet for id. It does help the pax identify a car being Uber. But it causes other issues with Pax targeting your car and it's not theirs. then they pretend it is.

I do agree there are more cons than pro's but it is the regs and I won't break them. I would sooner write my local councilor to get the regs changed.

Uberforall

I use the sticker , not a big deal no hassles I think working nights even better cops just slide by without issue although I say a better placement would be in the front window passenger side .

DougR

In Toronto as part of your PTC licensing you must have it displayed in the rear window, passenger side. Along with a certification and snow tires... if you don't have that you are not following the law.

I have visited downtown, picked up in all the high traffic and "regulated" areas. I have been questioned and NEVER received a ticket as I follow the regulations regarding the PTC license.

play2008

I have never experienced any of those while having the sticker at the back of my window lol

fisma028

driving for uber is embarassing. If i didn't know anyone in the city I wouldnt care. But can't have family/friends seeing that sticker on my car lolz