• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Who colleges are even slow

Juggalo9er

The shut down has affected the payment from fasfa (Pell grants) to schools.
A lot of students rely on this for their tuition....my wife's sister was forced to take the semester off... i'm willing to bet it's affected a vast sum of other students...

Merc7186

OMG....are you saying that students will now have to pay for their own colleges?????

Oh, the horror.....

Thoughts and Prayers go out to the victims.

...or they could get a student loan like the rest of us did. I know, I know...cant expect people to work for anything anymore.

Juggalo9er

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
OMG....are you saying that students will now have to pay for their own colleges?????

Oh, the horror.....

Thoughts and Prayers go out to the victims.

...or they could get a student loan like the rest of us did. I know, I know...cant expect people to work for anything anymore.
I joined the army so I could go to college....

Seamus

The shut down has affected the payment from fasfa (Pell grants) to schools.
A lot of students rely on this for their tuition....my wife's sister was forced to take the semester off... i'm willing to bet it's affected a vast sum of other students...
Shouldn’t really juggs. Fasfa and pell grants are 2 different things. Fasfa is a loan. The amount of how much you qualify for is income dependent. If your fasfa shows a severe financial need you may then qualify for a pell grant.

Most importantly, the money flows directly to the school. The school automatically up front credits the student so if anyone is on the hook for slow payment it’s the school not the student. No student should be affected by the shut down at this point.

I put myself through college while raising two children as a single mom and working my ass off to put food on the table. Sometimes you just do what you need to do to get things done. Yeah, tuition and fees are a lot more now, but it's still possible to get there if you want it enough.
My parents had no money to pay for me to go to school. I worked full time to pay for school and went to school full time. Despite working 40-50 hours a week I graduated in 4 years. I respect what you did. I’m sure it was hard but you did it because you wanted it!

ANT 7

Well, I'm in Soviet Kanuckistan, so we've got no government shutdown up here. But, the university/college Uber traffic has suddenly disappeared these last two weeks. It was always good for 2 rides a day. Lucky if I get one now.

Seamus

Well, I'm in Soviet Kanuckistan, so we've got no government shutdown up here. But, the university/college Uber traffic has suddenly disappeared these last two weeks. It was always good for 2 rides a day. Lucky if I get one now.
Most colleges (at least in the US) are in between semesters now so most students are home. They will return in a week or two.

Juggalo9er

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Praise kek