Who are Top drivers with 93% acceptance rate in Melbourne?

Punkdriver

Hi Guys, my acceptance rate has dropped to 30%. Now I am just cherry picking passengers with high ratings, low pickup distance and with high surges. I have stopped ACRO thing and I just let the ping timeout if I don't want to take the job.

In the recent email from Uber about weekly summary, Uber stated that Top driver has 93% acceptance rate. Who are these top drivers? 93% acceptacne without ACRO is pretty good. I think these top partners are all new drivers who take all trips with low ratings, long pings because they havn't figured out Uber maths yet. I wish them best of Luck.

What's your acceptance rate ? These days, I am getting mini bans 2-3 times daily. Naughty Uber.

sporadic

I do only Eats. Last week was cherry picking for min fare trips and short ETA pings (easy repositioning for stacked restaurant pings) and ignoring the incentives ($5.60 per trip during dinner), got kicked out 3 times in a 3h incentive period. Was at like what, 40%? :biggrin:

This week decided to go for incentives so kept my acceptance rate at 100%. Somehow managed to earn about the same despite being online for 2h less than previous week. But that being said, Saturday and Sunday incentive time is literally back-to-back-to-back-to-back stacks (I had no break at all between 6-7.30pm Sunday, wasn't doing Saturday because recovering from flu) because lots of X/Eats drivers are ignoring/cancelling those pings in favour of catching a surging X trip. Gotta figure that most of these restaurants are in places like Richmond/South Yarra/Fitzroy where it is extremely likely to surge too.

As for me, I refuse to have any idiots in my car any longer and will happily clean up all the Eats jobs... :biggrin:

sporadic

It could also be the migrants that are featured in Uber's news recently. Those that Uber "helped" to find a job but neglected to explain anything about GST or income taxes, until the ATO comes knocking...
The Nubers that are still in the honeymoon stage with TK koolaide in their water bottle, fascinated that their getting deposits of money and neglect the fact a significant amount of that return is paid out in expenses.

joffie

Sorry guys.. its me :frown:

I luv those 25 min away morning jobs to the local train station.:smiles:

Tuber also said I am in the top 5% so fuel card should be coming soon :biggrin:

Tom2828

I do only Eats. Last week was cherry picking for min fare trips and short ETA pings (easy repositioning for stacked restaurant pings) and ignoring the incentives ($5.60 per trip during dinner), got kicked out 3 times in a 3h incentive period. Was at like what, 40%? :biggrin:

This week decided to go for incentives so kept my acceptance rate at 100%. Somehow managed to earn about the same despite being online for 2h less than previous week. But that being said, Saturday and Sunday incentive time is literally back-to-back-to-back-to-back stacks (I had no break at all between 6-7.30pm Sunday, wasn't doing Saturday because recovering from flu) because lots of X/Eats drivers are ignoring/cancelling those pings in favour of catching a surging X trip. Gotta figure that most of these restaurants are in places like Richmond/South Yarra/Fitzroy where it is extremely likely to surge too.

As for me, I refuse to have any idiots in my car any longer and will happily clean up all the Eats jobs... :biggrin:
Why don't you ride bicycle if you do eat and want the incentive?

DriverX

Hi Guys, my acceptance rate has dropped to 30%. Now I am just cherry picking passengers with high ratings, low pickup distance and with high surges. I have stopped ACRO thing and I just let the ping timeout if I don't want to take the job.

In the recent email from Uber about weekly summary, Uber stated that Top driver has 93% acceptance rate. Who are these top drivers? 93% acceptacne without ACRO is pretty good. I think these top partners are all new drivers who take all trips with low ratings, long pings because they havn't figured out Uber maths yet. I wish them best of Luck.

What's your acceptance rate ? These days, I am getting mini bans 2-3 times daily. Naughty Uber.
Top drivers are for each category. So who do you think excels in acceptance rate?

The grinders! they take whatever 1x garbage that comes along. Leave your app offline and wait for 2x surge to improve your acceptance rate.

Graham J

And a tin attached to your hip for people to throw in donations. Of course you must pay GST and the Uber fee on that money

sporadic

Because I'm lazy... If the trips are 1 or 2km within Fitzroy/Collingwood, not a problem. But when something swerves me down to Toorak/South Yarra...It'd be better to drive. My friend was out on a bike run yesterday, requester keyed in wrong suburb address... And it was his first time doing it too. Elgin St Carlton is pretty far off from Elgin St Hawthorn. So is Charles St Fitzroy from Charles St South Yarra. Even Nicholson St Brunswick and Nicholson St Abbotsford is bad enough for biking. Or Elizabeth St CBD vs Elizabeth St Richmond.

How's the biking incentives working for you Tom2828?

Why don't you ride bicycle if you do eat and want the incentive?

Last edited:

Paladin

Then you woke up and realised you were dreaming
Hi Graham , my computer crashed and died a few days ago , bought a new one ,went back to load
your really helpful thread re expenses/gst spreadsheet but the link no longer works ( for me anyway ) , is it possible you could/would post it again please ? It was a great help . Thanks in advance .

UXDriver

Hahaha my acceptance rate would be below 10%

Rating 4.69 and below NO
Request me at an intersection NO
More than 5 to 8 mins NO
Shopping centre NO
Non surge in a surge area NO

sporadic

For all the NOs that you list, there's only 1 condition that I'd actually accept a ping under these situations. It's a gamble though, and only if it's a 1 min ETA when I'm just around the corner. Have had 2 such situations with 1 min ETAs, got to pickup point too quickly for them to appear (if they're low rated it's also pretty likely that they're of the late variety), bam 5 min cancel fee, go offline and disappear laughing.
Hahaha my acceptance rate would be below 10%

Rating 4.69 and below NO
Request me at an intersection NO
More than 5 to 8 mins NO
Shopping centre NO
Non surge in a surge area NO