Which terminal do you go to?

Kmiles

Which terminal do you drive towards when you get the "Please head toward the airport terminals now..." message?

I usually drive to C / E and I get a ping from A / B. The opposite happens when I head to A/ B. Is this some cruel joke by Uber to punish us for not wasting gas in the loop?

Once this week, I sat at C after the message and never received a trip. And was sent to the end of the after 20 minutes. Isn't this against the rules? We're supposed to wait in the lot until we have a fare, then head to the terminal.

Uber may think it's saving time but it's only adding to my fuel costs.

Ans anyone curious about what happens when you don't leave the lot, I tested it today. You'll receive the following message and you're sent to the back of the queue.

_20160717_132738.JPG

UberManX

Key is drive slowly, and more frequently I head to terminal A B and it's for that terminal. But if not just go to the correct terminal. I use to not pay the message any mind until someone told me to go, it works. Ever since then, every time I get that message I go and it works, I always get a request. Key is go immediately after u get the message....

UberCadi

Which terminal do you drive towards when you get the "Please head toward the airport terminals now..." message?

I usually drive to C / E and I get a ping from A / B. The opposite happens when I head to A/ B. Is this some cruel joke by Uber to punish us for not wasting gas in the loop?

Once this week, I sat at C after the message and never received a trip. And was sent to the end of the after 20 minutes. Isn't this against the rules? We're supposed to wait in the lot until we have a fare, then head to the terminal.

Uber may think it's saving time but it's only adding to my fuel costs.

Ans anyone curious about what happens when you don't leave the lot, I tested it today. You'll receive the following message and you're sent to the back of the queue.

View attachment 49456
I use to put Uber message in Do Not Disturb. Then one night after sitting at 0-10 mins for 20+ mins, and after I got an offsite Select request, I saw the above message. I was pissed. That's BS. I think requests should remain in the lot. What does Hou and ARA think about this? It's really pissy if you don't get a request. I think mine said to reach the terminal before an exact time. But exactly...what terminals?

More Cowbell

It's a no win situation. If u don't get a ping right away & drive to terminal, you'll get a message saying you can't get pings waiting at the terminal. If you pull into the cell lot right before the split, cell coverage is terrible, you'll miss pings, then get put into 20 minute timeout and restart the queue. If you ignore the message and wait at the lot, you'll get a timeout message and no ping for about 30 minutes (even though it's 0-10 queue). When you get the go-to terminal message, you're put out of the demarcation zone and can get off-airport pings ..... Ignore them & risk the 20 minute timeout and queue start over.

Hell yeah !

I usually go to C,d,e. When i pass terminal E , i literally pray to god saying please anywhere but E.

Then i wait at C if nothing comes up. I have number of people saying "that was quick,you were right there." And that is Convenience, exactly what uber wants to provide. They dont give a rats ass how many gallons fuel we driver burn circling the loop. They just want their customers happy

timberstx

I got a request to pick up someone at terminal A. Nowhere to stop except the middle lane because of the uber cars just sitting there. Fortunately my passenger was right there. Have to wonder if these are guys told to go the terminal, or just waiting on riders that requested too early.

I got a request to pick up someone at terminal A. Nowhere to stop except the middle lane because of the uber cars just sitting there. Fortunately my passenger was right there. Have to wonder if these are guys told to go the terminal, or just waiting on riders that requested too early.
Most likely told to head towards the Terminal but got no request

Rweber1030

Followed the rules today, waited 30 minutes for a ping. Received one and he said that he was at zone 4 ( I was at Hobby). Couldn't get over to zone 4 but I pulled up at zone 3. Some @@@@@@@ OLD man that chain smoked outside his parked turned off car yelled at me because I told him to move up so my rider could see me. Serves him right, I had a pax, he didn't!

beachfitrob

ProTip: Note the time it says to 'head towards the terminal by' on your text alert. My last text was at 4:22 to start moving by 4:27. Stay 2-3 minutes at the lot before you move, say, 4:25 to be safe. (Although I think they just put you back in the queue if you miss it but that's more wasted time.)

Drive slow as others have said.

If you haven't gotten one after getting past the light, take a look on the right: there are some parking lot exits there.

If you park as far over as you can, facing the road at the corner of the exit onto the road, you're out of the way. Turn on the hazards and look at your phone like you're interpreting the map or something. No one behind you knows you're Uber.

No one has bothered me doing this as I usually wait 1-2 mins at one of those spots then move slowly again towards the terminal.

This is an easy way to eat 4-5 minutes up waiting on the ping.

Game the system, or the system gonna game you.

The other thing I learned will be in my forthcoming ebook. :smiles:

Trebor

You are all doing it wrong. Your not sent back to the end of the line if you don' leave the lot.

Sometimes you get a ping within a minute or two after waiting, other times, you get that message about going back to the lot 2-3 times. This just means there were not enough requests that came through, not that you were pushed back to the end.

Have you noticed how all of a sudden there are a line of cars exiting the lot? Uber moves about 5-7 cars off the lot at a time. If only 3 riders request, there is a extra 2-4 Uber's waiting for the next riders request. At which point Uber probably sends more cars off the lot. This is when you find yourself at the terminal waiting on a ping for 10 minutes.. If you would of stayed in the lot, you could of used this time to get out and stretch, use the bathroom, and chug some coffee, say bye to your friends, etc. before heading out. Your going to be waiting the same amount of time if you stay on the lot or wait at the terminals.