Which one of you is it

janewalch

Drove a pax who said she had a driver that had a basket in the back seat with an array of bars and fruit along with fully stocked water bottles and magazines. It doesn't end there. The driver gives all pax a "thank you" card with a stick of gum in it.

Please explain to me how you're able to make money doing that

Just Another Uber Drive

Drove a pax who said she had a driver that had a basket in the back seat with an array of bars and fruit along with fully stocked water bottles and magazines. It doesn't end there. The driver gives all pax a "thank you" card with a stick of gum in it.

What, you don't out give thank you cards or any departing gifts at all?

Cascas

Apparently, he is two years late. Nobody pulls 1k on the weekends anymore, so I hope someone wakes him up before he goes bankrupt.

janewalch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get the candy and water for free.[ I steal it from my day job office] I have 25 magazine subscriptions through Publisher ClearingHose. I make the thank you cards in my makeshift printshop and it's only cruddy Costco gum I get 1000 sticks for $9.78.[/QUOTE
Apparently, he is two years late. Nobody pulls 1k on the weekends anymore, so I hope someone wakes him up before he goes bankrupt.
But going bankrupt is worth a 5 star rating!!!!!!!

Optimus Uber

It's someone without driving skills and those are the bribe so the driver doesn't get suspended.

Had a lady one time, said the same thing. Basket took up most of the back seat. She gave the driver a 1* because she didn't want any of that crap and all it did was take up room in the car.

People, you're a driver, not a roach coach.

groovyguru

Not me. But if I were a driver still, I would use a Mercedes Sprinter van and install a fully stocked bar and a stripper pole and hire a dancer to mount it on every ride.

WMUber

Not me. But if I were a driver still, I would use a Mercedes Sprinter van and install a fully stocked bar and a stripper pole and hire a dancer to mount it on every ride.
I did that in the 90's...

Too many players involved between the party bus and the strippers. It was too hard to turn a profit. (Except for the occasional free-be in the bathroom, wasn't worth it.)

Haylife

He probly gives free right hand foot massages also while steering the wheel with his left. Frieken joker

Benalepsy87

Anyone who does that is not only annoying as hell, but they're spoiling the rude pax and making all of our rating go Down by making the pax expect to be pampered like little babies for pocket change. Do not offer water. Do not offer candy. Do not offer aux cable. Just stop. If they want all of that crap, they can buy their own car and fill it with junk.

DocT

Blame it on those peeps working at the Greenlight Hubs. Went there for my annual inspection and new trade dress (what the hell is this shape suppose to represent?). The smiling and friendly Uber reps told EVERY newbie in line, "if you want to get high ratings, 5-stars every ride, be sure to provide bottled water and mints or gum to your riders." When I got up to the table for the inspection form and told them I'm already a driver, their tone changed and lost their smile. Damn reps giving new drivers bad advice. I told a few newbies that I caught up to in the parking lot about UPN and to check it out BEFORE they start driving. Hope they're at least lurking here.

Just Another Uber Drive

Blame it on those peeps working at the Greenlight Hubs. Went there for my annual inspection and new trade dress (what the hell is this shape suppose to represent?). The smiling and friendly Uber reps told EVERY newbie in line, "if you want to get high ratings, 5-stars every ride, be sure to provide bottled water and mints or gum to your riders." When I got up to the table for the inspection form and told them I'm already a driver, their tone changed and lost their smile. Damn reps giving new drivers bad advice. I told a few newbies that I caught up to in the parking lot about UPN and to check it out BEFORE they start driving. Hope they're at least lurking here.
And you were the one who called me out for being an idiot for giving out water last summer when I started. You were 100% right. I was 100% wrong.

tim678

.90c/mile .15c/minute, is enough penance :biggrin:
Pax once asked me to wait 10 mins for her while she was getting ready. So I reply to her text "is it okay if I start the trip!? She reply no problem". Than she asked how much for you to wait for me? I reply is .95 cents a min. I have never seen anyone run fast as her. Hahaha