Between Uber & Grab, which do you think provides the cheaper fare on average?

• Total voters

Jeremy Chew

A price comparison site published a study comparing the prices of the average Uber, Grab and conventional taxis and highlighting which were the cheaper option. Though it is obvious the ride hailing services are more cost efficient than taxis, the research shows that Grab provides a cheaper option on both short and long distances.

Do you agree? Let me know what you think!

LCR_dog

A price comparison site published a study comparing the prices of the average Uber, Grab and conventional taxis and highlighting which were the cheaper option. Though it is obvious the ride hailing services are more cost efficient than taxis, the research shows that Grab provides a cheaper option on both short and long distances.

Do you agree? Let me know what you think!

Okay

Ultracraft

If there is no surge, Grab is generally cheaper... Having said that, Grab fare surges very fast these days as they have less cars on the road probably ... When compare fare surges, Grab is usually pricier than Uber ... if both surge by 2 times and above, the fare becomes more expensive than taxi ...

Last edited:

FierceNsafe

If there is noe, Grab is generally cheaper... Having said that, Grab fare surges very fast these days as they have less cars on the road probably ... When compare fare surges, Grab is usually pricier than Uber ... if both surge by 2 times and above, the fare becomes more expensive than taxi ...

As long as you are in the right place at the right place at the right time, regardless of price there will always be people who needs a ride, btw max surge also only sightly more than cabs, after midnight surcharge kicks in, riders also have a choice of waiting for surge to come down, thats why its always funny to see drivers complaining of low fares, nobody point a gun to force them to take it, never will i on the app before 2.2, later get a stupid destination incase i have to go back to town with empty car. I rather waste petrol than waste time

Attachments

• TMPDOODLE1482484481299.jpg
    TMPDOODLE1482484481299.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 79

Ultracraft

Most of the time if the surge is very high (2x), not many taker unless the rider need a ride urgently like rushing to the airport or a job interview.

Last edited:

infinique

Taxi Flag Down $3.40 to $3.90 Per km 44 cents.
Uber Flag Down $3.00. Per km 42 cents.
Grab flag down $2.68. Per km 80 cents.

Grab is most expensive after 3km

zOrPhLiNg

Taxi is expensive because of all the surcharges and extras. If just running on bare meter is almost on par with apps.