Which company provides PH insurance for P-plate driver?

Uber&Grab Driver

Hi, anyone know which insurance company do provide commercial insurance for PH car that our family members even those who have less then two years driving experience also be covered? Just notice NTUC income that I have been with got this note that not cover those who have less then two years driving experience

UnG

Thanks. But had called AIG and they say they only covered LCR but not uber or grab Private car ....

LCR also do non PHV car rental biz?

AIG perhaps. They are also the insurance company of LCR now.

all along i was with AIG until i signed up with uber years ago and i had to jump ship bcos AIG had no commercial insurance. Only two uber insurance then, thus i took up AXA bcos ntuc is almost.1k more n.have 0% NCB... i did feel bad then they had no foresight seeing many PH fellas would take up commercial due to this PH n let all the biz$ earned by MNC.... i almost wanted to stop paying them member $monthly:rolleyes::rolleyes:

UnG

What he meant was, AIG only covered LCR cars. Prolly LCR has the business volume to justify it.
my previous.two.cars were also.with AIG... no accident claimed n they still dont offer me commercial... no.loyalty.these days.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Uber&Grab Driver

The commercial insurance is $2k+, after my 50% I pay $1200, if additional $2K then I rather get another car really...( if I can afford),lol

Ultracraft

Some insurance companies do not even wanna insure your car if it is a COE expired car. Maybe they only consider to offer 3rd party coverage and liability.

UnG

Ntuc income. I had been with them one year in commercials after my car is converted to Z10
hmm... then ntuc dun like me even im their union member for many many years.... abt 2-3years ago, there were only ntuc n axa in Uber partners list. i switched from AIG(no commercial offered))asked both for a quote, ntuc offered over 2k with no ncb n axa offered 1.2k+ with 20% ncb.... any dixk would go for axa which i did even after i asked ntuc why their quote to me was so ex...they bohchap, so i hv no choice...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ultracraft

ntuc offered over 2k with no ncb n axa offered 1.2k+ with 20% ncb.... any dixk would go for axa which i did even after i asked ntuc why their quote to me was so ex...they bohchap, so i hv no choice...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
They boh hew u because they in fact were asking you politely to go somewhere for coverage. Many insurance companies are not keen in commercial insurance as the risk is high and return is low.

UnG

Maybe I have 5 years no demeri point which the TP sent me a postcard?
haa.. i also hv this useless TP card..i dont think insurance company cares too much abt this...i had been with aig more than 10 years, no accidents claimed, except once or twice on windscreen... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

They boh hew u because they in fact were asking you politely to go somewhere for coverage. Many insurance companies are not keen in commercial insurance as the risk is high and return is low.

local driving sure shoots up but as long as u r a safe driver, u r still a safe driver... on the contrary, i use drive up to Ipoh/Kedah twice a year..after this PH thingy, i do feel sian of driving instead n not driven to MY for 2 years plus...