Inshur

which company has the best offers for short period renting

HtotheIzoo

Hello,
Id like to thank you for your great forum, ive read valuable information here. :wink:
just in short my case

im working as a baker, and wanted to try the ph business so i get the pco license.
just took 4 weeks holiday, and i plan to spent them working on uber,
one problem i dont have a car.
so ive been researching some companies but im confused, they more or less offer the same deal, but since they are so many and tiny print is so much i was hoping if someone else has done research as of late and can share some info with me.

My criteria are:
1)max 1 month contract, (im going to do this only for the 4 weeks of holiday i have).
2)available car as soon as possible as my holiday is running.
2)maximum transparency about which things are charged and which not.
for example, some charge for oil change, and tires change.
3)as much mileage a s possible, because it looks like NO company offers unlimited mileage .
4)price

because i dont want to be viewed just as leecher ill share what ive found so far.

weflex 900 miles per week, after that 8p per mile =8pounds per 100mile
500 deposit 269per week for new shape prius

otto 800miles per week, after that 25p per mile=25pounds per 100mile
500 deposit 250 per week

europcar
those ones have 3 diffrent plans depending on contract period and or mileage
for 3000 miles per month rent is 251 per week
for 4000 miles per month rent is 271.99 per week.

side question: im not sure about how much mileage id use, i plan on driving 10hrs 6days and those 10hrs i plan on driving them during the night.

europcar also charge 70pounds for the full tank, refundable when u return with full tank.
but they also charge for oil change and tire change, or it was if there is accident with the tire like puncture then they will charge 100pound.

there might have been more things as the guy who i was speaking on the phone to was speaking fast :smiles:)

anyway thank you once again for the nice welcoming place that you have made this forum, and if anyone would like to share some info í''ll be glad to grab it.

Thanks,

TheStudent

Yeah thats what im doing at the moment trying to figure out where to hire a car from. But i dont want to pay more than £200 a week (ncluding insurance) with unlimited millage limit.

Spy & Mash

Hello,
Id like to thank you for your great forum, ive read valuable information here. :wink:
just in short my case

im working as a baker, and wanted to try the ph business so i get the pco license.
just took 4 weeks holiday, and i plan to spent them working on uber,
one problem i dont have a car.
so ive been researching some companies but im confused, they more or less offer the same deal, but since they are so many and tiny print is so much i was hoping if someone else has done research as of late and can share some info with me.

My criteria are:
1)max 1 month contract, (im going to do this only for the 4 weeks of holiday i have).
2)available car as soon as possible as my holiday is running.
2)maximum transparency about which things are charged and which not.
for example, some charge for oil change, and tires change.
3)as much mileage a s possible, because it looks like NO company offers unlimited mileage .
4)price

because i dont want to be viewed just as leecher ill share what ive found so far.

weflex 900 miles per week, after that 8p per mile =8pounds per 100mile
500 deposit 269per week for new shape prius

otto 800miles per week, after that 25p per mile=25pounds per 100mile
500 deposit 250 per week

europcar
those ones have 3 diffrent plans depending on contract period and or mileage
for 3000 miles per month rent is 251 per week
for 4000 miles per month rent is 271.99 per week.

side question: im not sure about how much mileage id use, i plan on driving 10hrs 6days and those 10hrs i plan on driving them during the night.

europcar also charge 70pounds for the full tank, refundable when u return with full tank.
but they also charge for oil change and tire change, or it was if there is accident with the tire like puncture then they will charge 100pound.

there might have been more things as the guy who i was speaking on the phone to was speaking fast :smiles:)

anyway thank you once again for the nice welcoming place that you have made this forum, and if anyone would like to share some info í''ll be glad to grab it.

Thanks,
Just take that 4 week holiday with your family or friends somewhere nice and hot- you deserve it after all those early starts.
Use your loaf and stay well clear from this game because after all the time and effort getting started, the outlay and long hours for minimum return you will wonder why you bothered.
Life is too short- enjoy it while you can.

John John

Just take that 4 week holiday with your family or friends somewhere nice and hot- you deserve it after all those early starts.
Use your loaf and stay well clear from this game because after all the time and effort getting started, the outlay and long hours for minimum return you will wonder why you bothered.
Well said.

You wont make that much in 4 weeks due to not knowing the trade well and just getting the hang of PH/Uber generally takes time.

If you just need some extra cash go work Aldi Tesco etc night shift £10+ an hour.

You get one parking ticket or one scratch on the car, thats a big portion of ur weeks profit gone.

However, if you still want to dig urself into a hole, i have rented from Europcar and have had a very good experience.

They wont penalise you for returning the car early even if its on a month contract. They will just charge u the daily rate. Not sure if thats useful to u.

There was no 70 pound refundable charge for the full tank u mentioned.

If u get a tyre puncture, you can just replace it with the same tyre if you can get it for cheaper.

If you will be working full time you should get the 4000miles option.

Good luck whatever you decide!

Jack Dunphy

Like what you done there "Use ya loaf" Him being a Baker ha ha very good.

Hogster

Keep your rental costs as low as you can, this job ain't a piece of cake anymore and the money doesn't roll in nowadays:rolleyes:

Forget new shape Prius, if you want the economy just rent an old shape like an 09 or 10 plate Prius.

They are about, ask at your local minicab firms if they can advise you where their drives rent from.
There's got to be lots of smaller rental firms about, some of my old colleagues used one in Wembley

Jack Dunphy

Keep your rental costs as low as you can, this job ain't a piece of cake anymore and the money doesn't roll in nowadays:rolleyes:

Forget new shape Prius, if you want the economy just rent an old shape like an 09 or 10 plate Prius.

They are about, ask at your local minicab firms if they can advise you where their drives rent from.
There's got to be lots of smaller rental firms about, some of my old colleagues used one in Wembley
Blimey now Hogsters at it "This job ain't a piece of cake anymore" Very good m8 lol

Lookingaround

Not being rude but Lol - this is one of the quietest month of the year, if you're going do this, at least do it in December/Jan period so at least you can make your money.

and anyway it is your choice but to help you out with car, either go to a private renter (easily you can find them on gumtree) or use joindrover, they have quite good deal. Personally i haven't dealt with them but I always used hear from the Mcdonald's Crew at heathrow (Sadly no longer there) they're quite good.

TheStudent

Not being rude but Lol - this is one of the quietest month of the year, if you're going do this, at least do it in December/Jan period so at least you can make your money.

and anyway it is your choice but to help you out with car, either go to a private renter (easily you can find them on gumtree) or use joindrover, they have quite good deal. Personally i haven't dealt with them but I always used hear from the Mcdonald's Crew at heathrow (Sadly no longer there) they're quite good.
Can you trust those one man band shows on Gumtree ?

Ammarp

Hi . Like all have said im working in Ph and honestly looking forward to leave ASAP!. I work for other firm mostly but also sometimes uber . Uber aint uber anymore and frankly speaking i didnt like it and i didnt wrk for uber any longer then a month. Like the others have advice HONESTLY this is not the same any more yes you will get jobs but dnt knw where to. Yes you will get job but sometimes nothing upto 2 or may be 3 hrs of ur working depends where you are. City yes but yet again it aint every guys ideal work. U have to work 12 to 14 becoz nw uner takes 25% so if u make 200 u get 150 gross if u make 260 then u get 180 to 190ish.
This trade is not transparent until you get in few prefers uber as less fuel and local jobs. Other prefer airport pickups and dropoffs and still make 150/200 afyer 10 hrs depends hw day is.
Its all about get in and know it, alot of people go for addisonlee which ill try as they have got contract for luton airport and they also borought tristar uk company. And their on parking at luton so no airport drop/ pick up charges.

Wats the harm if you can give uber and other a try why not addisonlee and yh 6 or 7 days ifnu make 500 to 600 gross after all expense why not.

All out there those who are doing either to run their homes as they need to call there families frm bck home or they are working in this trade for long. 1 month i decided to do it honestly its takes time to take a grip in oh trade and thanks to lots lots of driver on road unfortunatly i need luck. Just went out to do uber within 2hrs im off line cnt bother to do uber as its gone shit.

About your wrk if holidays are paid take it and enjoy it ask any driver who wants holidays and wrking in ph trade u cant. U HAVE TO WRK 7 DAYS AND 364 DAYS.! ABOUT CAR GO FOR LOCAL RENATALS LOW RENT GO FOR 11 OR 12 PLATE AND HOPE U GET NO ACCIDENTS AND LUCKY INTERMS OF PCN AND WORK.

AGAIN HONESTLY DNT EVEN BORTHER IF UR GETTING PAID HOLIDAYS AND GOOD PAY. IF U WANT MORE GET IN SAINSBURY SLIGHTLY LOW PAY 850 TO 9.00 BUT THEY PAMPER AND LOOK AFTER THEIR STAFF . GO FOR TESCO SAINSBURYS FOR NIGHT AFTER 12PM TO 3 OR 6 THEY PAY NIGHT PREMIUM SO UR GETTING 10.TO 11PHRS . IF U CONSIDER DAY ONLY OR EARLY THEN LIDL PAY U 10 BUT MAKE SURE U WRK UR ASS OFF. BEING A MANAGER IN RETAIL THATS HOW I KNOW . HOPE FOR THE BEST PREPARE FOR WORSE

Last edited:

Ammarp

On a second thought ill say go for SIA license plently of job. Minium 10phr. 10 to 12 hrs shifts. Best to go for STM security or securitass or TOTAL SECURITY SERVICES they can also train u and get you license.

Addleeme

I'm only 10 uber miles away from being a donut.But seriously what do you take home per month being a baker,it could still be better for you to become full time ph driver if you already have license