• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

which car to buy?

Hell yeah !

Guys, I am moving to Reno. What type of car should I buy?NEW/USED/RELIABLE/GAS SAVER. Budget: under $25000. Is AWD a must? Never dealt with snow before so, need some suggestions. I would highly appreciate your feedback!

kc ub'ing!

All wheel is a must. If you’re buying principally for ridershare, consider a vehicle that qualifies for XL.

Of more importance than vehicle choice, the Reno market is way over saturated! No surge. Keep this in mind as you hunt. Keep as much of that 25k as ya can.

Good luck and welcome!

Hell yeah !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All wheel is a must. If you’re buying principally for ridershare, consider a vehicle that qualifies for XL.

Of more importance than vehicle choice, the Reno market is way over saturated! No surge. Keep this in mind as you hunt. Keep as much of that 25k as ya can.

Good luck and welcome!
Thank you for the wealth of information! I will be a student, so I might do uber on weekends only. Which cellphone carrier do you recommend in Reno? Does sprint work okay there?

Trafficat

I've lived in Reno my whole life with just a front wheel drive car. Sometimes you might get blocked from going over the snowy mountain pass when 4WD vehicles only are allowed, but it generally isn't an issue.

kc ub'ing!

I make a killing on snow days up n around Kings Row with 2 wheel drive folks who can’t even leave their own neighborhood without spinning out.