• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Wheres your delivery bag?

Iamfoodgod

A heater....Seriously? Does it matter in the end though? You'll still get paid like $3.75 and no tips. I believe the level of service these app companies asks its couriers should equal the compensation paid. Right now they want an arm and a leg from the couriers with nothing in return.
Yeah. Other day I walked in to buy some food and there was one of those heaters on the counter nearly baked my face off from 5 ft away lol. Toasty af.

Launchpad McQuack

If I found a car power inverter with enough juice I'd rather stick a heat dish heater to it and point it at the food. Those things are toasty af.
I doubt that you can. It would be pretty easy to make a power inverter that can handle that much load, but the internal wiring in the car that runs to the cigarette lighter probably can't handle it. You can make electronics more efficient and make them take less power, but anything that generates heat is necessarily a power hog. No getting around that.

potato

I use the free postmates bag - after taking a sharpie and coloring over the white postmates logo.

It's about appearance more than effectiveness. If the food is cold and you delivered in a bag, that's on Uber or the restaurant not you.
I think this is the answer. I did a delivery in a snow storm a couple days ago. it was a burger and onion rings and when I felt the bag, it was ice cold. I put it in my "other" companies delivery bag just in case it was salvageable. I delivered to the customer and the look on her face was like she wanted to claw my eyes out. 2 minutes later I get a down vote and "Food was damaged" from the customer.

Was this my fault that the customer ordered in a snow storm when I was facing back to back pings?
Was a food bag going to save me.... I actually used one and it still didn't cause the food was sitting there.

BunnyK

I think this is the answer. I did a delivery in a snow storm a couple days ago. it was a burger and onion rings and when I felt the bag, it was ice cold. I put it in my "other" companies delivery bag just in case it was salvageable. I delivered to the customer and the look on her face was like she wanted to claw my eyes out. 2 minutes later I get a down vote and "Food was damaged" from the customer.

Was this my fault that the customer ordered in a snow storm when I was facing back to back pings?
Was a food bag going to save me.... I actually used one and it still didn't cause the food was sitting there.
In cases like these I like to actually bring my bag to the door when I drop it off. I use an large insulated bag that can hold something like 50-75 cans in it according to the packaging. Food is always hot when I take it out of it. They can even see the steam coming off it when I take the food out.

johnx

If you don't want a big bag; just something that fits snugly up to three styrofoam dinner boxes, bagged up, this works very well for me. I lost one of them, but the other one works well for 90% of my deliveries of one or two person meals. Excellent quality, well insulated, well sewn. Just the right size, and best of all folds up flat. My advice is to take it inside and let the restaurant person actually drop it in the bag while you hold it because it is compact. Plus the restaurants like it that you are taking care of their orders properly.

If you need something deeper, like four or five styrofoam boxes high, these work well also

The bag Vicki gave the link to is a good price, and definitely a good starter bag, a little wider, for more unusual sizes, but not any deeper. Maybe not even as deep, actually. A little flimsy to me. The zippers go out on it quickly. But for $4.99 a good purchase.
we have been told the restaurants are now being told by uber to make sure drivers have them, and bring them in/use them, or thumbs down.. this started like, 2 months ago. also, many restaurants in our area put in the delivery notes,instructions to place, that a bag MUST be brought in and used. plus, like everyone says, so many places you can get them for around $5-$6, or here...this is link uber sent me to get bags. as a customer also, i thumbs down any driver who does not bring my order in an insulated bag.. i pay for hot food, not food sitting on your seat, lukewarm, etc.. take pride in ANY job, and do your best. community guidelines say should use a bag. not required YET< but soon will be form what I am hearing. pride in your work.. and I can tell you, a pizza bag DOES make a difference.. every time i get pizza, and the customers are pleasantly surprised to see it in my pizza bag when I take it out, a tip comes my way. and OFTEN, i am thanked by customers for using a bag, saying some dont. and THOSE folks who take time to thank me always tip also! https://deliveryonlinestore.com/
You are exactly right about delivering in a bag; hot or cold. I can carry a pizza on my bicycle in a pizza bag; i use velcro on the bottom of the bag paired with some velcro on a front rack. Buttressed with a bungee cord. Just peel it off the rack and carry it up and let them pull it out of the bag. Its sort of a psychological thing when they do that; like you don't ever touch it.

Last edited:

OJL

CDFU at a “THUMBS DOWN” threat. These @@@@s actually think I give a flying @@@@ about a thumbs down?!?!? LMAO!! Like it’s a felony charge or something. Oh no...please, please don’t give me the dreaded thumbs down. @@@@ OUTTA HERE!! I’m not out here working for thumbs. When I do turn the app on, which isn’t often, im trying to make a quick few bucks. I’m an independent contractor and I don’t (and refuse to) have to follow nobody’s orders. You can go all out for UE/ the restaurant and the customer and still receive a low payout with ZERO tip and a thumbs down. So, for the record, @@@@ UberEATS and whatever rules they try to enforce through the restaurant and @@@@ these restaurants for thinking drivers are some extension of their staff and that we have to listen to them!

The Jax

I always have 7 delivery bags in my car. Some are for take out and some are for pizza. One is for cold. I have the restaurant quality bags you can but at the restaurant equipment stores.

I understand that Uber doesn't care about their drivers and customers don't tip but a quality delivery bag is part of the job. I been delivering over 20 years and everyones attitude on not wanting to buy or use a delivery bag is disappointing.

Just buy a delivery bag and use it. And not those crappy ones from walmart or the ones those other delivery apps give you. They arent insulated and they are junk

potato

I always have 7 delivery bags in my car. Some are for take out and some are for pizza. One is for cold. I have the restaurant quality bags you can but at the restaurant equipment stores.

I understand that Uber doesn't care about their drivers and customers don't tip but a quality delivery bag is part of the job. I been delivering over 20 years and everyones attitude on not wanting to buy or use a delivery bag is disappointing.

Just buy a delivery bag and use it. And not those crappy ones from walmart or the ones those other delivery apps give you. They arent insulated and they are junk
BRB, doing 7 uber eats orders so I can afford to buy one delivery bag.

CZ75

Well that cheapo $4 walmart bag and the free bags from hte others is all they're getting from me. The gig doesn't pay enough for more.

Fuzzyelvis

If you have a Costco account or know someone who does, they sell these big insulated bags made to take cold groceries home. I have one (had before I started any of these app deliveries) and besides using it for meat etc. when I go shopping, it's also a backup bag for food delivery (I have a pizza bag from Pizza Hut when they were changing to new bags plus favor and postmates bags).

Anyway, the Costco bags are about $8 and useful for grocery shopping too.

FYI if you sign up for favor they make you buy a bag for $10 but it's a GREAT bag. It's actually square and works very nicely for certain deliveries. I even got my mom one for her shopping.

The postmates bag is small and I use it for milkshakes or small orders, that's about it.

BigBadJohn

The bags are nothing more than for show. They don't do a damn thing except give the restaurant and customer a psychological security blanket for their food. To prove this point, sure, I bring the stupid bag in the restaurant, load the bag into the bag, then once in the car, unload bag, place food on floorboard and turn on air conditioning to ice cold. Arrive at lazy azz customers driveway and reverse process. Problem solved. Stupid delivery bags DON'T work.

Robert Larrison

Hey, that's my delivery bag. I bought the same one. Did you mod your bike yourself?
Yup SOMA Tradesman frame with a luna Bafang BB-SHD 48volt 17.5amp
I got a Malectrics spot welder to build batteries https://malectrics.eu/product/diy-arduino-battery-spot-welder-prebuilt-kit-v3/
And an EggRider to hack the programing my top speed is 32mph https://eggrider.com/

If your interested in this check outhttps://www.electricbike.com/ and https://endless-sphere.com/forums/
The bags are nothing more than for show. They don't do a damn thing except give the restaurant and customer a psychological security blanket for their food. To prove this point, sure, I bring the stupid bag in the restaurant, load the bag into the bag, then once in the car, unload bag, place food on floorboard and turn on air conditioning to ice cold. Arrive at lazy azz customers driveway and reverse process. Problem solved. Stupid delivery bags DON'T work.
Electric food warmer
Big fat john should flip burgers

Last edited: