Wheres your delivery bag?

potato

This burger place yesterday kept asking me "wheres my bag". Kept saying, I don't need a bag or require one from Uber.

They kept repeating it. I kept saying same thing.

I come home and see theres actually a thumbs down rating from the resto for "Did not have delivery bag".

Good ole über.

Kodyhead

This burger place yesterday kept asking me "wheres my bag". Kept saying, I don't need a bag or require one from Uber.

They kept repeating it. I kept saying same thing.

I come home and see theres actually a thumbs down rating from the resto for "Did not have delivery bag".

Good ole über.
Its probably just a coincidence could of been another restaurant lol

potato

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why don't you just get one?
$6.50 at Walmart.
I used to use my OTHER delivery services bag for uber (it has logos all over it), then when I realized people don't tip anyways, I stopped caring. .
Its probably just a coincidence could of been another restaurant lol
No. I had two pings for these guys and received two down votes. You think thats a coincidence?? lol

vickilmp

we have been told the restaurants are now being told by uber to make sure drivers have them, and bring them in/use them, or thumbs down.. this started like, 2 months ago. also, many restaurants in our area put in the delivery notes,instructions to place, that a bag MUST be brought in and used. plus, like everyone says, so many places you can get them for around $5-$6, or here...this is link uber sent me to get bags. as a customer also, i thumbs down any driver who does not bring my order in an insulated bag.. i pay for hot food, not food sitting on your seat, lukewarm, etc.. take pride in ANY job, and do your best. community guidelines say should use a bag. not required YET< but soon will be form what I am hearing. pride in your work.. and I can tell you, a pizza bag DOES make a difference.. every time i get pizza, and the customers are pleasantly surprised to see it in my pizza bag when I take it out, a tip comes my way. and OFTEN, i am thanked by customers for using a bag, saying some dont. and THOSE folks who take time to thank me always tip also! https://deliveryonlinestore.com/

AtomicBlonde

No bag is the one thing that will get you no or low tip from me as a customer. I always use it. I usually bring it into the restaurant. But when it’s pizza I usually leave the pizza bag in my car because it’s big and annoying to carry in. So I bring the pizza out and load it into the bag in my car. The customer sees it for sure.

The bags are cheap and make it easier anyway. And keep the food smell somewhat contained. Just get them. Pizza bag is more expensive... if you don’t have one just cancel pizza orders as “oversize item”.

Kodyhead

Is anyone in south Florida? I got a giant cooler bag that would take up an entire back of an SUV I used to use back in the day i would give away for sandwich. Or any cancelled order, I am not picky lol

potato

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
we have been told the restaurants are now being told by uber to make sure drivers have them, and bring them in/use them, or thumbs down.. this started like, 2 months ago. also, many restaurants in our area put in the delivery notes,instructions to place, that a bag MUST be brought in and used. plus, like everyone says, so many places you can get them for around $5-$6, or here...this is link uber sent me to get bags. as a customer also, i thumbs down any driver who does not bring my order in an insulated bag.. i pay for hot food, not food sitting on your seat, lukewarm, etc.. take pride in ANY job, and do your best. community guidelines say should use a bag. not required YET< but soon will be form what I am hearing. pride in your work.. and I can tell you, a pizza bag DOES make a difference.. every time i get pizza, and the customers are pleasantly surprised to see it in my pizza bag when I take it out, a tip comes my way. and OFTEN, i am thanked by customers for using a bag, saying some dont. and THOSE folks who take time to thank me always tip also! https://deliveryonlinestore.com/
Ok how about this. I'm going to do the next 10 NON mcdonalds deliveries in my delivery bag. I'll tell you how many tips I get. I'm going to bet that its 1.

amazinghl

People always thank me with words, but only 15% with thank me with tips in UE.

YourFoodIsGettingCold

I never carry my bag(s) into restaurants. I think it's inconvenient, especially if it's raining here. I also don't carry the bag to the door, I just hope customers see me taking the food out of it when I arrive.

Amazinghl is kinda right. I received tips probably 25% of the time or less when I started without it and about the same after getting one. However that has changed in the last 3-4 months.

islanders88

I never carry my bag(s) into restaurants. I think it's inconvenient, especially if it's raining here. I also don't carry the bag to the door, I just hope customers see me taking the food out of it when I arrive.

Amazinghl is kinda right. I received tips probably 25% of the time or less when I started without it and about the same after getting one. However that has changed in the last 3-4 months.
I despise heated bags. I used them for a couple of months before and it didnt make a difference in tips. Whoever was going to tip was going to tip anyway. Having said that, I remember losing a lot of time putting food in heated bags upright when I could've been almost half way through to the drop off. Another thing is nowadays most of the restaurants including mcdonalds use nicer brown paper bags so it kinda makes the heated bags redundant. This is why Uber is not big on heated bags I assume bcz the brown bags look very very neat.

Hot Suomi

Cafes or restaurants demand Uber bag to save hot burger or kebab, but on the same time they put hot food and ice cola in the same bag.

What to save in thermal bag, hot or cold?

Iamfoodgod

This bag thing comes up every now and again. Like others are saying you could try and get some bags. I tried a bag once, it was not enough. Some restaurants give you monstrosities around 1.5 ft x 1.25 ft (to my approximation) of bagged food while others hand you bags that have to lay at different angles (on their side or up) in the same order.
After hardly ever getting to use my bag I also discovered that it would stay the temp in my car, which got cold while I waited for food, and thus if I shut food in there the cold air inside the bag would suck the warmth away for the whole drive basically when I should've had 3 heater vents on it for instant temp control. Also, some bags sweat, a lot. I decided the bag trial run was over after I kept seeing people's paper bags coming out moist :S
And don't forget the extra bags for stacked orders should you choose to accept the mission.

Suppose you could buy one huge bag that fits everything but then food will get cold in there due to all the airspace.

Restaurant deliveries have been around and I'm sure they have some way of dealing with food temp in their car or their specialized bags. But we who are expected to carry such a multitude of different packages would need a "Universal bag" to even come close to delivering anything close to restaurant owned delivery service.

If I found a car power inverter with enough juice I'd rather stick a heat dish heater to it and point it at the food. Those things are toasty af.

islanders88

If I found a car power inverter with enough juice I'd rather stick a heat dish heater to it and point it at the food. Those things are toasty af.
A heater....Seriously? Does it matter in the end though? You'll still get paid like $3.75 and no tips. I believe the level of service these app companies asks its couriers should equal the compensation paid. Right now they want an arm and a leg from the couriers with nothing in return.

Uber made a huge deal about having an insulated bag when I first joined. Wouldn’t activate my account to let me start without one. I had purchased one and sent them proof 3 times and the reply was some irrelevant info about bike safety. After being on the job, 98% of drivers I observed don’t have bags...

YourFoodIsGettingCold

No bag is the one thing that will get you no or low tip from me as a customer. I always use it. I usually bring it into the restaurant. But when it’s pizza I usually leave the pizza bag in my car because it’s big and annoying to carry in. So I bring the pizza out and load it into the bag in my car. The customer sees it for sure.

The bags are cheap and make it easier anyway. And keep the food smell somewhat contained. Just get them. Pizza bag is more expensive... if you don’t have one just cancel pizza orders as “oversize item”.
Hey before you decide you're not going to tip because the driver didn't show you his bag, can you just taste the food?

Sorien

I use the free postmates bag - after taking a sharpie and coloring over the white postmates logo.

It's about appearance more than effectiveness. If the food is cold and you delivered in a bag, that's on Uber or the restaurant not you.