1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Where's All Of My Female Drivers?

Discussion in 'Denver' started by Daisey77, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Daisey77

Daisey77

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Thought it would be fun for us ladies to have a thread. I know I love it when I get an opportunity to talk to other femalev drivers (Men are welcome too. Just leave the testosterone at the door:D) Obviously there are certain issues that come up being a female driver. Things you don't necessarily even think of, until they happen. I know I'll bring up certain things I do, to potentially new drivers and I get a lot of, "you know, I never even thought of that". I tell them, it's all about the Girl Radar (Girldar:cool:) Hopefully we can soothe over any new driver fears. :oops: So new females drivers, if you have any questions/concerns, feel free to ask away. Old school drivers, any advice you have would be great. Stories are always welcomed. I'm all about getting more females on the road. I often have females ask what its like because they are interested. Yet nervous, for obvious reasons. Husbands/Boyfriends are concerned and legitimately so.

Just out of curiosity how many female drivers do we have? Role call LoL What shifts do you do? Any brave overnighters?

The floor is open:D

No "oh brother" sighs either boys. :p:D

Athena, DenverLadee and OneDay like this.
  2. MODIFYD

MODIFYD

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Oh brother, <sigh>

;)

Had too

Daisey77 likes this.
  3. Daisey77

Daisey77

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  4. DenverLadee

DenverLadee

Female driver here :) been at it for 15 months now. Work mainly 5pm to 3-4 am. I regularly get comments from pax that I'm the first female uber driver that they've had. I haven't ever (knock on wood) had anyone that's been scary, abusive, threatening, or creepy.

Daisey77 likes this.
  5. Daisey77

Daisey77

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Yay!! Where are about the same. I've been doing it about 18 months but I don't leave the house until 6 or 7. Rush hour traffic will make me crazy nowadays LOL I typically drive until 3 or 4 a.m. . Fridays and Saturdays, I'll go until 5 or 6 a.m., if I'm busy. There's been a few times I've got an airport run at 4 in the morning . So I'll stay out for rush hour if it's surging,when I get back in town. Besides the typical intoxicated man trying to get my number, and a few people trying to have sexual relations in my car, I haven't had anything crazy with my passengers. Outsiders, while having passengers in the car, I've had more issues with. I actually have more issues with my female passengers than my guys. Yay I'm glad to see another female braving the overnight hours LOL the valet guys at the strip club said they thought I was the only one.

6. DenverLadee

DenverLadee

Last year, in October, Uber had a workshop expressly for female drivers. I estimated that there were about 100 women there. I wish they'd do it again.

7. Daisey77

Daisey77

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I was suppose to go to that but something came up and I couldn't make it. Yeah it would be nice to have something like that again. I would love to meet some fellow female drivers. Do you do Lyft as well?

8. DenverLadee

DenverLadee

Yes, I do Lyft also. And I tried Postmates for a bit.

9. Daisey77

Daisey77

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    How was Postmates? People have mentioned that to me but as a female, doing overnights, I don't know how I feel about it. It seems like getting out of my car and going up to a door or into an apartment complex, not knowing exactly what I'm getting into, is a little risky. Almost like an easy target. I think I'd feel too vulnerable, if that makes sense. In my car I can roll the windows up, lock the doors, and floor the gas pedal to if I need to. LoL I guess it's a sense of security. It might be a false sense and I know it's not 100% but I'm in control for the most part.

10. Athena

Athena

Driving:
    Lyft
    I have been driving for 4 wks now, I am unsure how many other female drivers there are in Mpls.
    I have caught a few evening rush hours, that don't seem to be paying too well. I have been doing pretty well in the evenings on Fri & Sat working 5- 12. I have worked a few till 3-5 am if it has been popping.

Daisey77 likes this.
  11. ATG

ATG

Driving:
    UberX
    Postmates is really bad. You are looking at $10 to $12 per hour with tips included. On top of that is a pain to park and deliver to apartments in downtown. Sometimes you even have to wait at the restaurant when the food is not ready and pay for parking. I will say it is only good to get the $300 bonus referal and run away with it.

Daisey77 likes this.
  12. DenverLadee

DenverLadee

Yeah, postmates was a pain. If they paid for mileage & time from the moment you get the request it might be worth it. But they dont pay for the miles to get to the restaurant, or the time you are waiting for the food to be prepared.

My 2nd delivery turned out to be creepy. I got the request at 1230am. I drove 9 miles to the restaurant, waited 30 mins for the food to get made. Drove 1/2 mile to the address, no light on, place looked dead, so i called the dude to confirm location. I wasnt going to knock on strange doors at 130am when I wasnt confident of the location (too many bad pins on uber made me leary) & when he didnt answer, i called support. Their response was "leave if he doesnt call in 5 mins." Support apparently got a hold of him, he called & chewed me out for being late. The guy creeped me out when he finally opened the door. That was a reeeeeaaallly great fare!

Daisey77 likes this.
  13. Daisey77

Daisey77

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Yep that's all I needed to hear LoL I'm good. I'll have to pass on those shenanigans! As for the bad pin locations, I learned pretty early on, not to pull up into driveways. Especially at 3 a.m. LOL

14. DenverLadee

DenverLadee

Same here!

Daisey77 likes this.
  15. DenverLadee

DenverLadee

I had a really bad pin one time that i feel really terrible about. The pin was an actual address so I felt pretty confident about it. I pulled up, and there was an older lady out front working in her yard. She starts eyeing me, but didnt look like a rider, so I figured the rider was still inside, and I just sat there waiting. Pretty soon the garden lady gets up, closes her garage door, and walks over to ask me to move away from her driveway. She has to leave. I told her i was an uber driver & just waiting for my rider. I asked her if the rider was here & and of course she said no one here by that name. I noticed that the garden lady has bruises around her neck & she tells me that she thought her family had sent me to harrass her. I realized then how much I had scared her. I can't tell you how horrible I felt.

The rider had pinned the house behind hers. I chewed her out when I picked her up.

Daisey77 likes this.
  16. My wife does uber, though not quite as much as I do. She hasn't had any complaints with anyone, she just gets bored easier than I do with it. She drives a mini cooper countryman, so gets a lot of comments about being the first female uber driver but also the first time in a mini, etc...

I did give a ride home to a woman who was a driver out of Boulder. Blonde, beautiful... stunning, even. My first concern was really for her safety as a driver, but she also said she had no issues aside from guys asking her number, etc. which she was pretty used to anyway. I'm guessing she gets nothing but 5-star reviews, LOL.

Daisey77 likes this.
  17. Frontier Guy

Frontier Guy

Driving:
    UberX
    I've noticed there are a couple of older, 60 something, female Uber drivers during the day.

Daisey77 likes this.
  18. Jimmy Bernat

Jimmy Bernat

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I've been a pax with a female driver a number of times, more so on lyft then uber. In fact I'd say 1 of 3 of my lyft drivers have been female. Maybe 1 of 10 on uber

19. Daisey77

Daisey77

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Yeah I hear, from the passengers, it's really rare to get a female Uber Driver but they see a lot females with Lyft. I honestly think, women just simply won't to drive for Uber, due to the reputation of one of the co-founders

20. Ahhhh, the power of Pink. :D

Daisey77 likes this.