Where & who are the Uber rapists??

Beepbeep41

So where are the Uber rapists that have been accused in sth east QLD?

Are they in jail with no bail?

How long will it take to get a verdict?

If they are being held with no bail what was the evidence that is so compelling?

There is Literally millions perhaps hundreds of million of dollars at stake that the downfall of Uber would create for the Taxi company’s!!

Or are these Uber drivers doing these things?

Aren’t the Uber drivers taken through the exact same background checks as the Taxi drivers?

Is it the cameras in Taxi that stop their drivers from leaping in customers?

So many questions...

Are the girls accusing the Uber drivers getting planted by Taxi companies?

Do perverts see Uber as an Opportunity to get what they want?

Is it news company’s looking for click bait?

As an Uber driver I just don’t see why these guys would go anywhere near these girls? This last guy on the Gold Coast must have rocks in his head considering what’s gone on in the recent month or so in QLD. Why just in Queensland?? It’s all so strange...

everythingsuber

If they are being held with no bail what was the evidence that is so compelling?

There is Literally millions perhaps hundreds of million of dollars at stake that the downfall of Uber would create for the Taxi company’s!!

Aren’t the Uber drivers taken through the exact same background checks as the Taxi drivers?

So many questions...

As an Uber driver I just don’t see why these guys would go anywhere near these girls? This last guy on the Gold Coast must have rocks in his head considering what’s gone on in the recent month or so in QLD. Why just in Queensland?? It’s all so strange...

They get bail if appropriate measures are in place to make sure they are not a flight risk.
18 months is about normal for these things to play out in court. If they don't get bail it is usually because they are a flight risk or have other issues such as breaching previous bail conditions. Drivers do these things because they think it is a good idea at the time. Uber drivers currently go though Uber checks but checks only cover past history and these opportunities are a new experience for some drivers. Yes it is the cameras that stop some drivers from taking advantage of the vulnerable. With cameras it stops being a good idea. Taxi companies aren't going around paying for someone else to get laid. Yes perverts do see Uber as an opportunity to get laid. Where else do you get paid to take drunk girls back to their place. News companies publish news. Rape is news.

meanmother57

Maybe uber can start supplying condoms and ky jelly in the new driver starter pack at least then the rape victims can be assured of no disease or pregnancy. .....

Golfer

So many questions...

Beep this last one on the Goldie , according to yesterday's Sunday Miail
Page 17 says Bail Denied
Court appearance Oct 10
As an older driver pax would hardly view me , as a potential threat. (The energy required in this latest one would be beyond me anyhow)
But younger drivers now have this "stigma" attached, and to me Would be alarming , public perception sticks!
Of the others, as far as I can remember, they were not charged with rape ,
Sexual harassment yes
It took me 9 weeks to get my DA , as i come from NSW and the TMR , did background checks on me down there as well,
Of course my mates are having a " little fun " with me over the last four weeks!
It's the TMR who do the background checks!!!!
I don't give a shxt about uber , but i feel strong sympathy for the younger decent drivers out there that do it full time
If any of these guys are found guilty , I would like the press to " blow it up" it may act as a deterrent, that " you will face the full brunt of the law" for any indecent acts towards pax.
And visa versa for any false accusations
One every week at the the moment!!!!
The TMR are quite happy to come up with , new ways of taking our money, but it is there responsibility to solve this blight on the new rideshare ind.
As uber I would think, would have great difficulty in , background checking all the different nationalities ,they use .
In this latest case , where bail was refused , I can only summise , the police must feel the accused is a" flight risk" but that is only speculation on my part.

For all younger full / part time drivers, out there, of normal disposition , I can only hope for you , the " powers that be " get this sorted .
Public perception can be damming!!!!!!!

Because of a few bad " apples" used car salesman, bank staff ,etc suffered from the above
One addition ' beep, although I clicked like on your post , some if it is " a little over the top "
But as,you are a full timer I can put myself in your shoes, and I understand , your concerns, and alarm . I hope it ends soon

Last edited:

Ben Hall

Maybe uber can start supplying condoms and ky jelly in the new driver starter pack at least then the rape victims can be assured of no disease or pregnancy. .....
so you are suggesting rape is ok?

Of the others, as far as I can remember, they were not charged with rape ,
Sexual harassment yes

I think you will find the other charges were sexual assaults
There is a huge difference between sexual assault and sexual harassment

The TMR are quite happy to come up with , new ways of taking our money, but it is there responsibility to solve this blight on the new rideshare ind.

If cameras like the cabs have were compulsory for uber it would greatly reduce the opportunities for sexual assaults and false accusations.