Where to go tonight? LA or OC?

misslilcat

Hello everyone I have been a longtime lurker on these boards. Just finally decided to sign up and post. I have been driving UberX/Lyft for about a month. I have a 2010 sedan so I don't qualify for any power driver bonuses...just basic UberX. Yesterday there was a promo on my app that said $30/hour guarantee from 9pm-3am in Orange County. I'm not sure if that is the same as OPT IN guarantees or just a promo for ALL drivers. Nevertheless the streets were packed with 'ants' and I barely got to 6 rides before I closed my app at 1am. I made about $107 for the day working from 12:30pm to 8pm and then 9pm -1am.

So if I followed Styggies post on how to get the guaranteed than I believe Uber owes me about $61 (after commision) in guarantees. I got tired of waiting so I went to bed and missed the bar closings, which I saw was the only time ever in OC all night that it was surging. My question is I have the same offer for tonight...what do I do? Do I stay in OC and work just the guarantee hours (9pm-3am) and try to get my 1.5 rides in per hour netting $144 (180 - commissions). Or my option is to go to LA (which is i can usually do ok with the surges) in which I have no guarantee hours....but if I drive to core LA will my app show a different promo if any?

I hear LA was just as bad last night for most drivers and there was hardly any surge. Can anyone tell me how LA was last night and estimate how it will be tonight? I don't want to grind for chump change when I can do that in OC at least with a guarantee. Two weeks ago I did LA on Friday/Sat/Sunday and made about $600 working just surges and 8-12 hour days. This week my only good day was July 4th.

LA or OC tonigh? Feedback appreciated..thank you!

PacificCoast

There were hardly any surge last night in LA County except bar closing in WEHO, Hollywood, DTLA and beach cities. I was near staple center at the end of Selena Gomez concert and absolutely no surge in DTLA. Lucky I was on 2x platinum and got consistent pings. Tonight might be different, or not. Hard to predict.

Reactions: Noy

misslilcat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I usually stay in LA when I have a drop off there. Gays from OC go to WeHo too! Plus my sister has a place out in Koreatown if I need a place to crash. I keep hearing about this metal program...can anyone explain? Is anyone eligible?

Thanks for the feedback!

to vono

Try the IE or SD....OC and LA are saturated.
same SH**T in San Diego Friday!!!

Several times at bar closing hours No X was available & still NOT Surging all night...WTF

I don't allow that crowd in my car unless I'm getting double or triple surge for potential risks [Combat Pay]

uberparamedic

Take the next few Friday Saturdays off people. There's still 4th of July recovery and credit card shock going on.

Stay home.

Adieu

Try the IE or SD....OC and LA are saturated.
Dead as a doornail.

Saturation, 4th hangover, national take it easy day....idk, but its deader than dead.

Friday MORNING was so much hotter it's not even funny

Adieu

Anybody got any advice for LA targets to try Lyft Premier-only, but something a little closer to Long Beach than the usual suspects?

I got no idea where in LA select does well, and this new LyftSelect Premier thing ain't live in OC yet