Uber Drivers Forum banner

where to get an ez pass and how?

6K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  Uberman8263 
#1 ·
where do i get an ez pass and how?

#13 ·
Sure, pay $8 for bridges and tunnels and get only $5.40 from Uber. You will also get a 1 star rating from the pax for wasting time on cash lane. Lastly, it is mandatory for a FHV to have EZ Pass.

What are the rules regarding the use of E-Z Pass when passing through tolls?

From Driver Rule 54-15(f)(2), Driver Rule 55-15(f), 60A-23 (in PDF):
The taxicab driver must use the E-Z Pass when passing through tolls. The passenger will reimburse the driver for any toll cost during the trip. The passenger will be paying the discounted E Z Pass toll rate.

#14 ·
So once I get my car, then go to ez pass and get that and then I can drive people around

I want to drive immediately. So let's say I pick up my car tomorrow and am registered and active with uber and ready to drive:

How do I get ez pass from toll plaza or the bridges that have em? Is there someone there that I can get it from? How does it work?

#15 ·
So once I get my car, then go to ez pass and get that and then I can drive people around

I want to drive immediately. So let's say I pick up my car tomorrow and am registered and active with uber and ready to drive:

How do I get ez pass from toll plaza or the bridges that have em? Is there someone there that I can get it from? How does it work?
I think u have fetched this topic long enough, find something else to troll

#16 ·
Just went through this 2 weeks ago. You can purchase an EZ Pass at the cash lanes of a toll. But you have to activate it on the EZ Pass web site. If you are driving a rental, it will probably show that the car is already assigned to an EZ Pass. If that is the case, then you need to go to an EZ Pass location to get an EZ Pass, HOWEVER, you will need a letter from the rental company (i.e. American Lease, Tower, etc.) which tells EZ Pass to switch the EZ Pass and allow your account to be on that car. If you own the car, you should be able to do it all on their web site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.