• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Where to buy Uber accessories - sticker, GPS holder, interior camera, AUX cord, portable charger, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DA08

Controlling? since when was being an active listener, being involved in your financial affairs and communicating with your spouse seen as controlling? let me guess, your one of those that think wives should be chained to the kitchen sink and seen and not heard.
Nope... Nothing wrong with communicating and listening...
Post automatically merged:

Remember hubby had accident.Thank God we have people like WIJG to fill the void where necessary. :redface::sneaky:
Loooolllll hahahahahha

Duderx

Neil, sorry, MelbourneBro, you are also going to need fuel for your car when driving for Uber.

I recommend going to a "Servo" - Caltex, BP, Safeway, Coles, all are well known brands.

And you'll need to download the Uber App as well...

Good luck with your projects, and stay away from the pokies this time mate.

clmre

Or his wife didn't give him approval to join...

Loooolllll... 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Jealousy? On what a controlling wife? No thanks.
I would rather be a monk in a Buda temple for the rest of my life

Remember hubby had accident.Thank God we have people like WIJG to fill the void where necessary. :redface::sneaky:
Poor little hubby

Neil, sorry, MelbourneBro, you are also going to need fuel for your car when driving for Uber.

I recommend going to a "Servo" - Caltex, BP, Safeway, Coles, all are well known brands.

And you'll need to download the Uber App as well...

Good luck with your projects, and stay away from the pokies this time mate.
Hang on, he's gonna start a thread on where to find that app😀

RoboRider

I just think you guys need to lay of the new members whom are trying to begin and asking for a little advice and perhaps be a little more supportive for a change. instead of being bully's and thinking its your god given right to make fun of people whom ask for help. If you cant do that, then maybe you need to ask yourselves are you really happy in life, because those that feel the need to belittle other, usually are not.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head @Sammy_102 ... bunch of people here are bitter and twisted because Uber is their only option and they don't like it. Having said that, I don't think Uber is a gig for making a serious living (i.e lots of $) because you would have to work stupid hours. Anyway you and hubby seem to know what you are doing so good luck and just grow a thick skin and carry a cudgel to deal with the trolls :rolleyes:👍

DA08

You pretty much hit the nail on the head @Sammy_102 ... bunch of people here are bitter and twisted because Uber is their only option and they don't like it. Having said that, I don't think Uber is a gig for making a serious living (i.e lots of $) because you would have to work stupid hours. Anyway you and hubby seem to know what you are doing so good luck and just grow a thick skin and carry a cudgel to deal with the trolls :rolleyes:👍
And you don't think @Melbourne Bro is a troll?... Lol c'mon @RoboRider look at the stupid questions hes asking...

BuckleUp

If he is legit or not it doesn't matter, I seriously recommend this product all you have to do is drop in the phone and the holder grabs it using gravity you don't need any magnets or other inconvenient devices to hold the phone in place. It will also charge wirelessly so you dont have to plug in the phone each time. whatever you do, don't buy Cygnett I hate that brand.
"Grabs it using gravity"
Do you have any idea of the force of gravity that a phone holder and mobile exert on one another?
Sheesh....

Dont take these guys on the forum seriously, they are just sad in their own lives cause they believe that ubering wont make you any money. By the sounds of it, half the members dont even work for uber anymore or lucky to log on once a fortnight but think its their right to make inexperienced new uber members lives more difficult by trolling the uber forum page. Truth is, if you know where to go, you will make money in this gig.. Its all a learning process and I wish you luck with it. My advice is just visit your local mobile accessories store and they will be able to set you up with mobile accessories such as chargers, aux cables and holders for your mobile. As for the uber sticker, dont stress about it. As for supplying passengers water and mints, dont bother as im sure they will be just fine without them for their 10 min trip up the road and its an unnecessary expense.
You forgot the most important advice - get someone else to do the driving, preferably his hubby or wife, for 6 days 12 hr shifts, while he can sit at home and dispense words of wisdom on UP.net

Last edited:

Scottie B

Dont take these guys on the forum seriously, they are just sad in their own lives cause they believe that ubering wont make you any money. By the sounds of it, half the members dont even work for uber anymore or lucky to log on once a fortnight but think its their right to make inexperienced new uber members lives more difficult by trolling the uber forum page. Truth is, if you know where to go, you will make money in this gig.. Its all a learning process and I wish you luck with it. My advice is just visit your local mobile accessories store and they will be able to set you up with mobile accessories such as chargers, aux cables and holders for your mobile. As for the uber sticker, dont stress about it. As for supplying passengers water and mints, dont bother as im sure they will be just fine without them for their 10 min trip up the road and its an unnecessary expense.
How can we be sad, we don't own a LDV

Brownsville

So I'm just starting out as an Uber driver and I want to make sure I'm as prepared as possible. Things I'll need are:
1) Uber sticker - the one that goes on the front windscreen that everyone in Melbourne seems to have.
2) GPS holder - I want my phone to be attached to the dashboard so that I don't have to keep touching it whilst I'm driving.
3) Interior camera - in case a passenger misbehaves and I need video evidence.
4) AUX cord - so that passengers can listen to their own music on their iPod or whatever they have.
5) Portable phone charger - so that I can charge my own phone + passenger phones whilst I drive.
6) Any other accessories that other Uber drivers have that I should want too?

I'm planning to rent a 2017 Kia Sportage from a company called "Splend" and I'm wondering if they'll supply any of this for me, and if not, where can I buy these accessories?
How old are you to ask these kind of questions?

BuckleUp

No I dont drive, but my husband does and so yes i am pretty well informed considering I actually set up everything for him, are well aware of what occurs in his car and do his accounts (so i see exactly how much he makes). I just think you guys need to lay of the new members whom are trying to begin and asking for a little advice and perhaps be a little more supportive for a change. instead of being bully's and thinking its your god given right to make fun of people whom ask for help. If you cant do that, then maybe you need to ask yourselves are you really happy in life, because those that feel the need to belittle other, usually are not.

ive already told you why he gave up his $120,000 a year job, if you have comprehension issues then thats your problem. beside uber is working just fine for us, no complaints.
Your hubby a helpless imbecile? He can't send docs to cpvv himself? Can't register car or do medical? You do all that for him?
With a domineering Mistress like you at home, my money's on hubby getting a soothing Thai massage once a week to take the edge off.
Geez, let the man be a man and stop leading him around by his Johnson.

Yep they definitely know what they're doing. Drop $40k on Chinese garbage car for a slave job that averages $14/hr, as confirmed by independent studies.
A kid at McDonalds earns more, and all they have to invest is $20 for a shirt not $40,000 for the same hourly wage.
Seriously you think that country Dom bumpkin knows anything about business???

Last edited:

Sammy_102

Your hubby a helpless imbecile? He can't send docs to cpvv himself? Can't register car or do medical? You do all that for him?
With a domineering Mistress like you at home, my money's on hubby getting a soothing Thai massage once a week to take the edge off.
why cant I help him out to do those things or do you expect him to run himself to the ground trying to keep up with everything, marriage is a partnership after all.. unlike you guys whom clearly spend 24/7 with your eyes on a computer trolling this forum, my husband is actually a very hard worker whom does a lot for his family. His out fixing fences, feeding animals, connecting plumbing, building sheds etc. We actually have long term goals and i think Robbo is right, when other people are stuck and dont have options, they make it their life time goal to try to belittle others so that they can make themselves feel good.

Yep they definitely know what they're doing. Drop $40k on Chinese garbage car for a slave job that averages $14/hr, as confirmed by independent studies.
A kid at McDonalds earns more, and all they have to invest is $20 for a shirt not $40,000 for the same hourly wage.
here we go again with the insults big man, clearly someone lacks brain cells because they dont seem to get it. If you have trouble earning an income and making a profit from uber then maybe you need to have a good long hard look at what you are doing wrong. if you have an issue with uber then dont do it and considering this is an uber forum, maybe you should disconnect yourself from it completely. Dont start insulting others because they are clearly doing better then you, embrace it and learn.

Last edited:

BuckleUp

why cant I help him out to do those things or do you expect him to run himself to the ground trying to keep up with everything, marriage is a partnership after all.. unlike you guys whom clearly spend 24/7 with your eyes on a computer trolling this forum, my husband is actually a very hard worker whom does a lot for his family. His out fixing fences, feeding animals, connecting plumbing, building sheds etc. We actually have long term goals and i think Robbo is right, when other people are stuck and dont have options, they make it their life time goal to try to belittle others so that they can make themselves feel good.

here we go again with the insults big man, clearly someone lacks brain cells because they dont seem to get it. If you have trouble earning an income and making a profit from uber then maybe you need to have a good long hard look at what you are doing wrong. if you have an issue with uber then dont do it and considering this is an uber forum, maybe you should disconnect yourself from it completely. Dont start insulting others because they are clearly doing better then you, embrace it and learn.
So hubby drives 60 hrs a week and you make him fix fences and do plumbing. Even building sheds.
Is he raising barns also?
That one @@@@@ whipped dude.
Damn.

Sammy_102

So hubby drives 60 hrs a week and you make him fix fences and do plumbing. Even building sheds.
Is he raising barns also?
That one @@@@@ whipped dude.
Damn.
no its actually called a dedicated husband and father whom wishes to provide the best for his family in the short term so we can achieve long term goals, maybe you should try it instead of trolling this forum.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow I'm pretty shocked at how nasty everyone on this forum is. Like I realise that people on internet forums in general tend to be negative, but this specific site just seems like the worst of them all.

Almost everything here is just negative and hateful. At first, I sympathised with you guys that hated your jobs so much, and I genuinely believed that perhaps you did have it tough and perhaps you were getting screwed over by Uber a bit, but seeing the way you talk to people in these forums, such as myself and Sammy_102, makes me realise that you're the problem. Do you speak this way towards customers too? Towards Uber management too?

I bet you guys would literally complain about any job at all. Everything sucks. The world is horrible to you. Your boss is horrible. Your customers are horrible. That's the way you've painted your reality.

If you get a bad rating then it's someone else's fault. If you can't make enough money then someone else is to blame. You love the free market when it opens up doors for you to work a job like Uber, but then you hate it when it doesn't make you the kind of pay you feel you're entitled to.

And look how misogynistic you're being towards Sammy_102. She's right: you're just unhappy about your own lives and you're pathetic enough to waste your own time venting hatred on this forum every day.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit when I say that everyone on this forum is nasty. There were plenty of kind people that actually offered me helpful advice and sent me nice messages, and I appreciate all of those people. But the majority of you honestly seem like pathetic low lives.

Brownsville

Wow I'm pretty shocked at how nasty everyone on this forum is. Like I realise that people on internet forums in general tend to be negative, but this specific site just seems like the worst of them all.

Almost everything here is just negative and hateful. At first, I sympathised with you guys that hated your jobs so much, and I genuinely believed that perhaps you did have it tough and perhaps you were getting screwed over by Uber a bit, but seeing the way you talk to people in these forums, such as myself and Sammy_102, makes me realise that you're the problem. Do you speak this way towards customers too? Towards Uber management too?

I bet you guys would literally complain about any job at all. Everything sucks. The world is horrible to you. Your boss is horrible. Your customers are horrible. That's the way you've painted your reality.

If you get a bad rating then it's someone else's fault. If you can't make enough money then someone else is to blame. You love the free market when it opens up doors for you to work a job like Uber, but then you hate it when it doesn't make you the kind of pay you feel you're entitled to.

And look how misogynistic you're being towards Sammy_102. She's right: you're just unhappy about your own lives and you're pathetic enough to waste your own time venting hatred on this forum every day.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit when I say that everyone on this forum is nasty. There were plenty of kind people that actually offered me helpful advice and sent me nice messages, and I appreciate all of those people. But the majority of you honestly seem like pathetic low lives.
Wait till you start driving mate.

Sammy_102

Everything you have said is correct, majority of the members so far ive encountered on this forum (specifically most of the members on this thread) have done nothing but bully and make insulting remarks to others who genuinely wish to learn and have decent conversations about uber and in all honesty i believe that this page needs more monitoring as to eliminate those that think these actions are appropriate. @Melbourne Bro I do wish you luck and as I have said, if you are prepared to put in the work and with a bit of trial and error, there is a possibility of making a profit in this gig.

Immoralized

I update the documents for the drivers or else they are completely helpless. Starts sending me text messages that they can't drive ect. A lot of people are technologically challenged. Have to hold their hand A 2 Z.

Everything you have said is correct, majority of the members so far ive encountered on this forum (specifically most of the members on this thread) have done nothing but bully and make insulting remarks to others who genuinely wish to learn and have decent conversations about uber and in all honesty i believe that this page needs more monitoring as to eliminate those that think these actions are appropriate. @Melbourne Bro I do wish you luck and as I have said, if you are prepared to put in the work and with a bit of trial and error, there is a possibility of making a profit in this gig.
More or less because it is a driver based forum that actually drives or have driven.
Green horns always get a beat down in any industry you walk into. This is no different. I wouldn't say the most brutal but it is cutthroat.
Stick around & contribute & quite possibly make friends.

Another thing is that this place is R&R hub for most drivers that read or post. A lot of people just read.
I have notice that you have changed your mind about getting out of because of the new ruling of ANCAP 5 star safety rating required.
In which case you are going to take a massive depreciation hit on that new XL class vehicle that doesn't meet standards in 2021.
Best of luck and stick around. Good entertainment value. Keep us updated on that vehicle as well.

Last edited:

Sammy_102

I update the documents for the drivers or else they are completely helpless. Starts sending me text messages that they can't drive ect. A lot of people are technologically challenged. Have to hold their hand A 2 Z.

More or less because it is a driver based forum that actually drives or have driven.
Green horns always get a beat down in any industry you walk into. This is no different. I wouldn't say the most brutal but it is cutthroat.
Stick around & contribute & quite possibly make friends.

Another thing is that this place is R&R hub for most drivers that read or post. A lot of people just read.
I have notice that you have changed your mind about getting out of because of the new ruling of ANCAP 5 star safety rating required.
In which case you are going to take a massive depreciation hit on that new XL class vehicle that doesn't meet standards in 2021.
Best of luck and stick around. Good entertainment value.
Not necessarily changed my mind, still intend to sell the LDV but benefit is we have 2 cars registered with uber so dont need to get out of it just quiet yet. At the moment its making an income, so why leave something that's working?

Immoralized

Not necessarily changed my mind, still intend to sell the LDV but benefit is we have 2 cars registered with uber so dont need to get out of it just quiet yet. At the moment its making an income, so why leave something that's working?
Takes a bigger depreciation hit with time plus KM. I guess you can still get over half of what you paid for it if you keep it under 80k.
Otherwise just keep it until you can't use it anymore and sell it for what you can get out of it.

But it pretty expensive paying 10k per year essentially because you'll probably be getting 12-15k after 2021 for it on the second hand market. I know you were originally planning to keeping it 5 plus years but timeline changed that to 2 something years of use.

Essentially you know the cost/benefits the best for yourself so I'm sure you got things covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.