Where is the Uber sticker

Andy3131

The new legislation requires a sticker saying you are doing Uber. Uber has until the 15th to send it to us and Posts Canada are going on strike tomorrow :-)

Token44

Not necessarily.

It's up to the City how the displayed identification is going to be implemented.

If they haven't made the details available to UBER yet, UBER can't comply with that regulation.

Things like vehicle age, and insurance requirements were spelled out.

"Trade dress" was not clearly defined in the regulations.

And Canada Post is NOT going on strike tomorrow.
If anything, they may be locked out as early as Monday.

AltaClip

I recently picked up mine for Edmonton. It's a 4x4" square Uber "U" which I chose not to peel off and permanently affix to my front windshield.
Just set it out while picking up.

Token44

I recently picked up mine for Edmonton. It's a 4x4" square Uber "U" which I chose not to peel off and permanently affix to my front windshield.
Just set it out while picking up.
Can you post a pic of it? Was it supplied by UBER directly?

Manhoos

City will issue a decal, there will be no Uber name on it.. It will show PTC or some sort of sign on it..

Token44

City will issue a decal, there will be no Uber name on it.. It will show PTC or some sort of sign on it..
The bylaw reads:
City Council direct that a PTC vehicle must display a PTC identifier on the back of the vehicle at all times while operating on the Platform, to be in a form approved by the Executive Director, Municipal Licensing and Standards, or designate.

It's not clear what the identifier will be yet, but you can probably bet the city is not going to pay for it to be produced and distributed to drivers. They will download that to UBER in this case.

UBER will, naturally, pick something with their logo on it. It's advertising. People pay good money to advertise anywhere the public can see it.

I'm fairly certain UBER will be coming up with (or already has come up with) some options to present to the city that serve themselves well for advertising.

Harry70

Same uber logo; 4 inch * 4 inch ; available at Amazon also; no one is gonna come check the exact size:wink: if some cop comes up your size u know what to do

Last edited:

Token44

I like the light-up signs like this:

Could put it behind the tinted rear glass and just switch it on when Ubering in Toronto and it would be invisible when off.

Manhoos

The bylaw reads:
City Council direct that a PTC vehicle must display a PTC identifier on the back of the vehicle at all times while operating on the Platform, to be in a form approved by the Executive Director, Municipal Licensing and Standards, or designate.

It's not clear what the identifier will be yet, but you can probably bet the city is not going to pay for it to be produced and distributed to drivers. They will download that to UBER in this case.

UBER will, naturally, pick something with their logo on it. It's advertising. People pay good money to advertise anywhere the public can see it.

I'm fairly certain UBER will be coming up with (or already has come up with) some options to present to the city that serve themselves well for advertising.
May be.. may be not.. but your argument is logical..