Uber Drivers Forum banner

Where do wait for trips during Friday morning in St Petersburg ?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  peteyvavs 
#1 ·
Hey guys fairly new Uber driver here. (4.97 / 350 Rides with 20+ Compliments)

I’ve been on this site for about an hour now failing to find an answer to my question and most people on here seem very intent to help. So I’m aware you can make good money in the mornings but where exactly do I go to grab these rides ? Do I just go online and because of the lack of drivers in the morning I’ll get pinged or does anyone familiar with St Pete have advice as to where to go so I’m most likely to pick up a morning ride. This has been the only thing stopping me from Ubering during the day opposed to night time where I just head downtown from 10p - 3a and do pretty well. Any reply is greatly appreciated thank you and be safe out there.

#2 ·
Hey guys fairly new Uber driver here. (4.97 / 350 Rides with 20+ Compliments)

I've been on this site for about an hour now failing to find an answer to my question and most people on here seem very intent to help. So I'm aware you can make good money in the mornings but where exactly do I go to grab these rides ? Do I just go online and because of the lack of drivers in the morning I'll get pinged or does anyone familiar with St Pete have advice as to where to go so I'm most likely to pick up a morning ride. This has been the only thing stopping me from Ubering during the day opposed to night time where I just head downtown from 10p - 3a and do pretty well. Any reply is greatly appreciated thank you and be safe out there.
Most drivers aren't willing to share the spots that are golden for them, because if they did they wouldn't be golden any more. Unfortunately, you're going to have to do your own work to figure it out.

Having said that, I will say that when I work early am I always start in my living room.

#7 · (Edited)
. . . .I just head downtown from 10p - 3a and do pretty well. Any reply is greatly appreciated. . . .
I work mostly nights. If you wish to invest the time, using your current method, simply sit at home, go online after 10pm, accept first ping, drive, drop, wait (or drive to a spot that's been good for you); IF you have the energy after 3am, continue to do the same thing. UBERing is a very flexible 24-hours job.

#8 ·
Over saturated market (approximately 5 times too many drivers).
If you are good with being on the road with drunk passengers (as you already have admitted to doing the bar crowd) and the drunk drivers do yourself a huge favor.

Make sure you have rideshare coverage with your insurance company. Several offer it at very reasonable prices.

Without it you will find yourself seriously up pisscreak knee deep and dying of thirst.
Uber will cover your passenger and the other vehicle and people.

You will be deactivated from driving until it is proven you were not at fault and your car is repaired (which there is a huge deductible if they even agree they should pay on your car, which they won't if you don't have that coverage).

#9 ·
On Friday and Saturday nights the best places after 10 pm is Harbor Island Channel Side and SOHO , you'll have to deal with heavy traffic and stupid drivers, but these are profitable.
As for mornings between 4am and 6am you'll pick up a few airport runs, just don't stay at the Airport for pick ups, leave after drop off and head North.
You save on wear and tear on your car and make some money. any other time is just wasting your time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.