Where do full time drivers live in SF?

Driverxxx

I can't seem to figure out where you guys can afford to live. Are you really making $1500/wk & can afford to pay half ur income in rent or what???
I bought a 34 foot sailboat a couple years ago and live on it in a marina on the Oakland waterfront. It costs me less than $500 a month in docking and utilities. Has a kitchen, bathroom, shower, sleeping quarters, cable etc. Just small, like a waterfront tiny house.

Transportador

I bought a 34 foot sailboat a couple years ago and live on it in a marina on the Oakland waterfront. It costs me less than $500 a month in docking and utilities. Has a kitchen, bathroom, shower, sleeping quarters, cable etc. Just small, like a waterfront tiny house.
Dude, don't let out THE secret! Shhhh. Soon there will be no liveaboard space left.

gaealien

I can't seem to figure out where you guys can afford to live. Are you really making $1500/wk & can afford to pay half ur income in rent or what???
Yes, people are paying half their income in rent. If you're thinking of moving here, have a plan for while you're here and also a plan on getting out. Staying long term is a pipedream, crush that dream before it crushes you lol.

NorCalPhil

mortgage is paid off, car is paid for, tonight's dinner is not paid. I can survive quite comfortably on $500/week. I made $1600 last week and have no intention of doing that again(50hrs) for a couple more weeks. One week on, two off. Not meant to boast - just happens to be my situation.
You forgot to mention your 5-star rating. You're slipping.

jlittle

Live in SF - midtown terrace. Living in the dead center of SF affords me the unique opportunity to capitalize on surge when it happens while getting to hang at home during the downtime. How can I afford this? I don’t buy gasoline and take advantage of PG&E’s $.11 / kWh rate plan for my Bolt EV (I own; maven is expensive but I did that too.) At the end of the day, I plug in my car in the garage. My car reports my average speed floats around 16 m/h. If one adds up the cost of gasoline on a monthly basis, Not paying that has given me enough money to do this full time and live nicely in SF.

mikeslemonade

Live in SF - midtown terrace. Living in the dead center of SF affords me the unique opportunity to capitalize on surge when it happens while getting to hang at home during the downtime. How can I afford this? I don’t buy gasoline and take advantage of PG&E’s $.11 / kWh rate plan for my Bolt EV (I own; maven is expensive but I did that too.) At the end of the day, I plug in my car in the garage. My car reports my average speed floats around 16 m/h. If one adds up the cost of gasoline on a monthly basis, Not paying that has given me enough money to do this full time and live nicely in SF.
Isn’t that a lot of waste of time to drive back to charge and then wait. Still better off with a hybrid right?

RideShareJUNKIE

I live in SF and drive East Bay only, you thought you had heard it all until this point.

Have you ever noticed a random woman in public and thought to yourself, "Man, she could totally be my future ex wife!"

mjyousse

I used to drive full time but only do around 10 a week now with all the bs in this gig economy, mainly Commuting to my job in south bay. I couch surfed around the city for more than a year. Now living in SOMA now.

goneubering

At the Marina Safeway don't you know? Why are you not living there LOL?
Sad but true!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...rs-set-up-camp-in-parking-lots-across-the-u-s

In the 1970s, the Safeway grocery store in San Francisco’s gleaming Marina neighborhood, known as the Social Safeway, was a cornerstone of the pre-Tinder dating scene. Armistead Maupin made it famous in his 1978 book, Tales of the City, calling it “the hottest spot in town” to meet people. For years afterward, locals called it the “Singles Safeway” or the “Dateway.”

Forty years later, German Tugas, a 42-year-old Uber driver, got to know it for another reason: Its parking lot was a safe spot to sleep in his car. Tugas drives over 70 hours a week in San Francisco, where the work is steadier and fares are higher than in his hometown, Sacramento. So every Monday morning, Tugas leaves at 4 a.m., says goodbye to his wife and four daughters, drives 90 miles to the city, and lugs around passengers until he earns $300 or gets too tired to keep going. (Most days he nets $230 after expenses like gas.) Then, he and at least a half dozen other Uber drivers gathered in the Social Safeway parking lot to sleep in their cars before another long day of driving.

jlittle

Isn’t that a lot of waste of time to drive back to charge and then wait. Still better off with a hybrid right?
My car goes about 238 miles a charge. With about 16 to 18 miles an hour on average in San Francisco, it gets me at least eight hours of driving. If I need to keep going for some reason, I just use the Volta DCFC at Stonestown Galleria. Probably could use a break anyway; I get about 90 miles of range in 30 minutes. And it’s free. Completely free.

Eight hours is enough for the most part.

andrew_sf

I live in SF and drive East Bay only, you thought you had heard it all until this point.

Have you ever noticed a random woman in public and thought to yourself, "Man, she could totally be my future ex wife!"
In the East bay lower fare. Why you drive there? How about south bay?