• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Where Can I go to Find Info RE the Next Uber Protest in Los Angeles??

dovisrideshare

Hey guys,

When Lyft stopped with Surge, I stopped with Lyft and, truth be told, I can't honestly figure out why ANYONE would stay with them after that.

Uber's "new surge" isn't AS BAD as Lyft, but it's BAD.

First off, that absolutely scripted Podcase with a "real" Uber driver who just kissed ass was like a spit in the face. Apart for being completely see though, they dare tell us how they are going to be screwing us, and how we should be happy about it??

I live in West Hollywood. Maybe I'm lucky, but during the old surge I would get 45+ min trip requests at 3x surge and accept them happily. Now? Why WOULD I?? It's a waste of time and money.

I could really get into it but you all are already personally affected by the change so you know how @@@@ed it is.

Long story short, I would like to know where I can find info regarding, and possibly help organize, a demonstration in Los Angeles (perhaps synergistically with many other cities for greater affect). But I don't want to just block the freeway, or stand on corners with dumb signs, or disrupt LAX; I don't know yet what would be most effective, but I'm thinking on it.

In the meantime, would someone, anyone, mind pointing me in the right direction please? I heard there may be something in LA this week but can't find info anywhere.

Thanks!

DL

TobiasBruckner

Hey guys,

When Lyft stopped with Surge, I stopped with Lyft and, truth be told, I can't honestly figure out why ANYONE would stay with them after that.

First off, that absolutely scripted Podcase with a "real" Uber driver who just kissed ass was like a spit in the face. Apart for being completely see though, they dare tell us how they are going to be screwing us, and how we should be happy about it??

I live in West Hollywood. Maybe I'm lucky, but during the old surge I would get 45+ min trip requests at 3x surge and accept them happily. Now? Why WOULD I?? It's a waste of time and money.

I could really get into it but you all are already personally affected by the change so you know how @@@@ed it is.

Long story short, I would like to know where I can find info regarding, and possibly help organize, a demonstration in Los Angeles (perhaps synergistically with many other cities for greater affect). But I don't want to just block the freeway, or stand on corners with dumb signs, or disrupt LAX; I don't know yet what would be most effective, but I'm thinking on it.

In the meantime, would someone, anyone, mind pointing me in the right direction please? I heard there may be something in LA this week but can't find info anywhere.

Thanks!

DL
I scrolled down a bit on the first page of this forum and saw this thread. Look up the organizers and hit them up to see some of the options that you may have:

2smart2drive

Hey guys,

Thanks!

DL
@ “Ride Share Drivers United”
you just missed them meeting on Tuesday @ downtown LA’s City Hall to support City Council President Wesson’s new motion to establish ‘$30 hourly minimum wage’ ($15 earnings + $15 paid car expenses).

dovisrideshare

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
@ “Ride Share Drivers United”
you just missed them meeting on Tuesday @ downtown LA’s City Hall to support City Council President Wesson’s new motion to establish ‘$30 hourly minimum wage’ ($15 earnings + $15 paid car expenses).
Aw man. Where did you source the info that the event was going to happen?

I really think there should be something targeted towards this new "surge" situation....

Pueblo Confusion

Hey guys,

Thanks!

DL
Waste of time. Don't bother. Everyone will think you are an idiot if you go.