Where are Uber litigation checks?

The Gift of Fish

If were not happy with our amount and have a discrepancy, do we still cash the check or would that signal acceptance of the amount?
I don't see why depositing it would be acceptance of the amount. When I received an insurance settlement after an accident I had to sign a waiver that said depositing was acceptance, however I didn't sign anything to that effect with the O'Connor check. I don't trust anyone associated with this settlement and I would rather have at least some of the settlement in my bank account before I try to get the rest.

Null

If were not happy with our amount and have a discrepancy, do we still cash the check or would that signal acceptance of the amount?
Nothing in the settlement paperwork or the check/stub indicates that cashing means you void your right to dispute the calculation.

Cash and dispute.

I sent my dispute yesterday. There's likely to be a second run of checks, so if you do have disputed miles you'll want that in.

Trapper9

WaPo: The U.S. Postal Service is experiencing backlogs of mail after a top Trump donor running the agency put in place new procedures, alarming postal workers who warn that the policies could undermine their ability to deliver ballots on time.

Painter

If I did pool rides I almost universally rejected the 2nd+ rider unless they were going to add a LOT of value to the ride.

I checked a few pool samples and the mileage reported on the uber site seems normal. Do you have an example of one that was a problem?
I can explain what happens, so in app i go to the ride and it shows pool $19.48, i click on iy and it shows $0.00 then i click the ? In the top corner then it shows the map pic with both rides. I pick the first one and it shows say $10.48 and 12 miles then go back click the other and it shows $9.00 and 9 miles. So the second was picked up second and dropped off before the first. So technically the trip was 12 miles so do i add 12 + 9? I have just been adding the one with the most miles. Problem is i used to work USC area for a while and was doing pool trips of 0.6 and 0.4 miles with the same problem and there's a lot of them and so don't know how i should be adding them!!

iheartuber

I opted out of arbitration
My check seems low
does anyone know how much per mile we were supposed to get? I heard 37c per mile but that could just have been a rumor

Painter

I don't see why depositing it would be acceptance of the amount. When I received an insurance settlement after an accident I had to sign a waiver that said depositing was acceptance, however I didn't sign anything to that effect with the O'Connor check. I don't trust anyone associated with this settlement and I would rather have at least some of the settlement in my bank account before I try to get the rest.
Trust and the fine lines is why i am feeling the opposite
Post automatically merged:

I opted out of arbitration
My check seems low
does anyone know how much per mile we were supposed to get? I heard 37c per mile but that could just have been a rumor
Go back and catch up from about page 121!

Nothing in the settlement paperwork or the check/stub indicates that cashing means you void your right to dispute the calculation.

Cash and dispute.

I sent my dispute yesterday. There's likely to be a second run of checks, so if you do have disputed miles you'll want that in.
Second run of checks ONLY if some checks go uncashed in 6 months. They’ll be scraps leftover to split up. Lucky to see $100 on the second one.

Basketball 9to5

You just received it today ?
Mann..bummer I haven't received mine I even met the mailman at the my mailbox..geesh...day 8 in the books...c'mon check!!!! July 22..did they send or process the check???

Anyone still missing their checks like me ?
No check today even met mailman at mailbox..geesh day 8 in the books....did they process check on July 22 or mail it out that day??

Mann..bummer I haven't received mine I even met the mailman at the my mailbox..geesh...day 8 in the books...c'mon check!!!! July 22..did they send or process the check???

No check today even met mailman at mailbox..geesh day 8 in the books....did they process check on July 22 or mail it out that day??

When I have called they say “your check mailed out 7/22”. Those reps relying on whatever the computer says . Probably not even true

iheartuber

PLEASE ASK TRISTAN
Here is an excerpt from the SLR declaration where she acknowledges she negotiated the settlement based on the total on-trip miles provided by Uber and used the IRS rate. How in the h#ll, does the rate go from IRS rate to 18.3 cents when the checks go out?

Case 3:13-cv-03826-EMC Document 927-1 Filed 03/20/19 Page 1 of 4
3. In connection with mediations and negotiations with Uber that led to this proposed Settlement, I was provided with data regarding total on-trip miles, broken out by year, and total fares for the settlement class. I calculated the expense damages by multiplying the mileage for each year by the IRS rate. For the tips damages, I took four percent of total fares up until mid-2017 when Uber changed its tipping policy. The four percent figure represents 20% (the tip) of 20% (Uber’s average commission), which Plaintiffs contend should have been remitted to the drivers. Similarly, I utilized data that was provided in conjunction with the prior settlement (which I had previously used to
DECLARATION OF SHANNON LISS-RIORDAN IN SUPPORT OF RESPONSE TO COURT’S INQUIRIES REGARDING PLAINTIFFS’ MOTION FOR PRELIMINARY APPROVAL
CASE NO. CV 13-03826-EMC; CASE NO. CV 15-00262-EMC

let me butt in, if you didn't provide SSN on your claim, taxes will be withheld
here’s a theory:

IRS rate= about 54c
IRS rate @68% = 36.6c (this represents Liss taking their cut of 32%)
This is where we get the 37c/mile we were promised

we got 18.3c or exactly half

MAYBE...

The plan is to pay us half now, and the other half after a certain amount of time (60 days?)

thoughts?

Argantes

Got my check and went to cash it only to be told it would 7 days to clear, lolll thats the longest wait ive had for a check.

Shakey Jake

Got my check and went to cash it only to be told it would 7 days to clear, lolll thats the longest wait ive had for a check.
I am in the same boat, and I was surprised it is taking so long. I received it on the 27th, took it to the bank on the 28th, and the funds will not be available until the 6th, 9 days later!

I worked at a bank for many, many years, and although I did not work in a branch, we still were given tons of anti-money laundering training, and my guess is that it is because it is over $10,000 which gets flagged.

Null

My check was under 10000 but not by much. My bank let me have access to 5000 instantly and the rest is on hold for about four business days.

My check is coming today. Saw it on the inform USPS. Steak is on the menu today bois.

It ain’t official until it’s in my hands . Been hearing so many complaints about the post office these past months. Late mail late packages.

Painter

I am in the same boat, and I was surprised it is taking so long. I received it on the 27th, took it to the bank on the 28th, and the funds will not be available until the 6th, 9 days later!

I worked at a bank for many, many years, and although I did not work in a branch, we still were given tons of anti-money laundering training, and my guess is that it is because it is over $10,000 which gets flagged.
Why not just cash it at Walmart?