• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Where are Uber litigation checks?

Taco69

this all i've been getting Thank you for your e-mail. Our firm is working hard to make sure that you receive any settlement check that you may be entitled to as soon as possible. We are pushing hard to get them out via mail by mid-fall, but it is possible that it will be closer to late 2019. You will receive an e-mail once your check has been placed in the mail. Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions. they so full of shit alot of the rest of the drivers got their cheks already this some bullshit
Post automatically merged:

you mean arbitration checks?

iheartuber

this all i've been getting Thank you for your e-mail. Our firm is working hard to make sure that you receive any settlement check that you may be entitled to as soon as possible. We are pushing hard to get them out via mail by mid-fall, but it is possible that it will be closer to late 2019. You will receive an e-mail once your check has been placed in the mail. Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions. they so full of shit alot of the rest of the drivers got their cheks already this some bullshit

I just wanna see if the 30 days have passed and now we can move forward

RogerJS

Received this last week

......”
Judge Chen’s decision will become final after 30 days. At that point, we will then be able to work with the parties to get settlement shares calculated and get checks issued. We do not have an exact date when checks would go out because it will depend on how quickly we receive the necessary data and are able to process the payments. Our hope is that payments will go out late this year or early next year. Please check in periodically for a further status update.”

Amsoil Uber Connect

Which has passed. But !

Didn't Judge Chen order a date by which the information to calculate the mileage be turned over ? I haven't seen it. Or perhaps I forgot the key clause.

Does the Settlement Administrators have the mileage information yet ?

ValleyAntMan

The Settlement Administrator received the mileage info long ago. They quoted data from it at the Aug 29 hearing. Uber has already paid the $20 Mil. We could have expected the checks any day up to mid November, but it appears an appeal has been filed. A driver named S. Patrick Mendel, who lives in the Bay Area, filed an appeal with the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals last week (Oct 8th), so this is likely going to cause a delay. This driver, who has filed previous motions with the court that did not fly, including an objection to the settlement, also appeared at the approval hearing to argue his objections. He writes his own motions and does not appear to have an attorney. His appeal was filed with a request for a fee waiver because he claims to have an income too low to afford the fee. He was given his day in court and the court considered his objections, but ruled against him. Apparently, this isn't enough for him because he's now forcing all of us to wait for our money. After reading his arguments against the settlement (which attempt to litigate the case rather than argue against the settlement), I don't expect the 9th Circuit to even hear the case. But checks probably can't go out until they either reject the case (which I expect) or schedule, hear, and rule on the case; which might take months to play out. So we're on hold for now and I'm extremely unhappy about this!

iheartuber

The Settlement Administrator received the mileage info long ago. They quoted data from it at the Aug 29 hearing. Uber has already paid the $20 Mil. We could have expected the checks any day up to mid November, but it appears an appeal has been filed. A driver named S. Patrick Mendel, who lives in the Bay Area, filed an appeal with the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals last week (Oct 8th), so this is likely going to cause a delay. This driver, who has filed previous motions with the court that did not fly, including an objection to the settlement, also appeared at the approval hearing to argue his objections. He writes his own motions and does not appear to have an attorney. His appeal was filed with a request for a fee waiver because he claims to have an income too low to afford the fee. He was given his day in court and the court considered his objections, but ruled against him. Apparently, this isn't enough for him because he's now forcing all of us to wait for our money. After reading his arguments against the settlement (which attempt to litigate the case rather than argue against the settlement), I don't expect the 9th Circuit to even hear the case. But checks probably can't go out until they either reject the case (which I expect) or schedule, hear, and rule on the case; which might take months to play out. So we're on hold for now and I'm extremely unhappy about this!
Damnit!!!

I thought uber was gonna be too busy with AB5 to file an appeal

I never would have dreamed some nutjob ant was gonna be the one

Grrrrr!!!

ValleyAntMan

In case anyone wants to give this Patrick Mendel @@@@@@bag a word here is his contact info:

Carpartners1@gmail.com
415-812-8507
He was, maybe still is, an Uber Black and limo driver. He and his partner, a guy named Overton, have filed other lawsuits against both Uber and the State PUC that haven't gone anywhere. His objection (and his appeal cannot make any arguments that were not in his objection) is full of arguments that might have made some impact in a trial, but NONE of it makes for a good argument for why the settlement should be scuttled. He's just wasting our time!

Skinnyteensforlife

He was, maybe still is, an Uber Black and limo driver. He and his partner, a guy named Overton, have filed other lawsuits against both Uber and the State PUC that haven't gone anywhere. His objection (and his appeal cannot make any arguments that were not in his objection) is full of arguments that might have made some impact in a trial, but NONE of it makes for a good argument for why the settlement should be scuttled. He's just wasting our time!
Obvious plant by Uber just to slow it down as a final @@@@ you to the drivers of the class

Either way I just signed Sir Patrick up for like 50 newsletters. Can someone email the lawyer we need an updated response.

Last edited:

Korean Ant

ValleyAntMan

Obvious plant by Uber just to slow it down as a final @@@@ you to the drivers of the class

Either way I just signed Sir Patrick up for like 50 newsletters. Can someone email the lawyer we need an updated response.
Actually, this is a guy that filed a motion last year for a temporary restraining order to stop Uber from operating in the State of California. I get that he's got a bone to pick with Uber. What driver doesn't? But his arguments have not flown in any other cases, so why slow down the settlement money for ALL of us? That's just selfish and rude!

Yeah. There is no hell like being regulated by the federal government. As usual, the ridesharing companies will have nobody to blame but themselves!