• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Where are the Ride Austin Riders?

JustTreatMeFair

This has been my worst RA week in history.

I have to wonder if the surge was too high and discouraged usage or if I'm in time out for some reason.

I've had a LOT of Uber passengers ask about RA having thought it no longer existed. I picked up door signs early in the week and know they have signed up a lot of new passengers but I've not been getting the rides.

Anyone having a good experience with them last night?

Ziggy

I picked up a few out-of-towners who chose RA at the airport, mostly because they liked supporting local biz ... (2 premium & 1 SUV).

AustinAD99

Yeah,
RA seems to be fading from memory.
Big problem is they're not generating new paxes and the old ones don't use rideshares like they used to.

Ziggy

Yeah,
RA seems to be fading from memory.
Big problem is they're not generating new paxes and the old ones don't use rideshares like they used to.
Also lots of "crappy" drivers - I lost track of how many people asked me if I was from Austin before they got in the car ... I guess there were a lot of "lost" drivers working during ACL.

AustinAD99

Had 5 trips on RA today all within a few hours.
Two of them were 1st time visitors.

RA should hire some hot chicks/guys at busy times to promote RA and show the pricing difference.
They can explain to pax how bad U/L are screwing the drivers and the pax with high rates and low pay.