Where are the good spots in RI

smoran26

Where are good spots in RI?

I've heard a lot of conflicting info from drivers (that convinced me to give ridesharing a try).

I've heard Brown and Bryant in the morning are decent. How about Providence on Friday and Saturday night? worth it or just drive up to Boston?

I'm just looking to avoid the min-fares of Woonsocket. Those are killers.

IMMA DRIVER

Good luck finding someone willing to tell you their "secret" spots.
Why are you not driving in Mass where the base fare is much higher?

smoran26

After two weeks I can say

I prefer Woonsocket to Warwick. Fewer miles and drivers to fight for the same pax. I did a day in each and the traffic in Warwick is a pain in the ass. the airport brings a lot of drivers so the town is swarming. Woonsocket only has a few drivers and there are some nice spots - yes lots of min fares, but you get a good amount of business folk travelling to TF Green and that's a solid fare from Woonsocket.

Providence in the morning commute is solid money - the traffic isn't as bad as Boston so a lot less frustration and time wasted sitting in log jams. Overall Providence is solid.

If someone was new I'd say - do Providence in the morning and pick Woonsocket/Warwick to work when you get pinged out of the city - or simply drive back and repeat.

smoran26

If you’re approved in RI or Ma you can drive all of New England is my understanding. That’s what the email I was sent said. If you’re not sure contact Uber support.

joe329

If you’re approved in RI or Ma you can drive all of New England is my understanding. That’s what the email I was sent said. If you’re not sure contact Uber support.
I'm applied to drive in R.I. after trying to go online in Mass, i got a message of "ylur vehicle isn't allowed to operate in boston." Called and asked why. I'm approved in every new england state EXCEPT Mass. Uber told me they require a seperate CORI check.

Mendez84

it's just absolute ridiculous why RI doesn't require a CORI check , let bad people drive passengers around , great idea

roadscholar

If you're north of Providence it's worth it to go to CVS headquarters around 4-6pm on the border of Woonsocket. Logistically you'll have a higher chance of getting unicorn rides to tf green or southern parts of the state.