When you think Uber can't outdo itself, it happens Uber customer lounges on malls

Quatro40

Uber to debut lounges in shopping centers across US
September 6, 2017
Ride-sharing app Uber is set to partner with one of the country’s largest retail shopping center operators to offer new services to patrons. As part of the new alliance, Los Angeles’ Century City will receive a sleek new “Uber Lounge,” while Westfield’s other 33 properties across the United States will get what Uber describes as "stations."

For Century City, the Uber Lounge is one of the final touches of a much anticipated billion dollar renovation. It’s intended as a way maximize the time shoppers spend on the premises. The lounge will be “ultra-modern” in design, with luxurious seating and various amenities on offer to customers as they wait for their Uber to arrive.

Convenience is at the heart of the Uber Lounge. Westfield is rolling the concept into its already existing hands-free experience. After a purchase, shoppers can continue going from store to store, and pick up their items inside the Uber Lounge when they are finished.

Customers will have access to complimentary beverages, charging stations, newspapers, and magazines. Concierge services, like restaurant bookings and event tickets, are also available, according to Business of Fashion.

As for the other centers across the country, between one and ten separate stations will be clearly marked as a meetup point for customers to wait for their ride. Each station will feature kiosks, where customers can talk to a customer service representative, or a brand ambassador that can help improve their experience.

SuzeCB

Uber to debut lounges in shopping centers across US
September 6, 2017
Ride-sharing app Uber is set to partner with one of the country’s largest retail shopping center operators to offer new services to patrons. As part of the new alliance, Los Angeles’ Century City will receive a sleek new “Uber Lounge,” while Westfield’s other 33 properties across the United States will get what Uber describes as "stations."

For Century City, the Uber Lounge is one of the final touches of a much anticipated billion dollar renovation. It’s intended as a way maximize the time shoppers spend on the premises. The lounge will be “ultra-modern” in design, with luxurious seating and various amenities on offer to customers as they wait for their Uber to arrive.

Convenience is at the heart of the Uber Lounge. Westfield is rolling the concept into its already existing hands-free experience. After a purchase, shoppers can continue going from store to store, and pick up their items inside the Uber Lounge when they are finished.

Customers will have access to complimentary beverages, charging stations, newspapers, and magazines. Concierge services, like restaurant bookings and event tickets, are also available, according to Business of Fashion.

As for the other centers across the country, between one and ten separate stations will be clearly marked as a meetup point for customers to wait for their ride. Each station will feature kiosks, where customers can talk to a customer service representative, or a brand ambassador that can help improve their experience.

Good they can charge their phones and get their water there instead of expecting us to supply it.

atthehop

Its a great marketing ploy to attract more PAX. Kudos to them. It goes to show the new CEO is motivating the corporate yahoos to do their jobs. When I was a corporate manager for a multi billion dollar corp we had Monday morning meetings to update the projects we were working on and come up with new ideas for increasing profits. That is how you get good raises and bonuses.

ftimmy

I'm all for Uber helping passengers let us know exactly what entrance they are at when they make the request. That makes the whole thing go a lot smoother. The lounge is dumb though, all that does is create waiting and no shows, especially if they put in massaging chairs.

I still wouldn't do a mall pickup between Thanksgiving and New Years (unless it's at least 3.0X), I don't know why anybody would.

UberPal

We had frequent surge at EWR the queue killed it, same with Metlife and every other place with a queue. Soon there will be a queue at every mall and every popular bar venue. The queue is Ubers way of getting all the idiots who should not even be in this country to hang out in clusters ready to take your cheap riders at any price.

Last edited:

Lightning1181

We had frequent surge at EWR the queue killed it, same with Metlife and every other place with a queue. Soon there will be a queue at every mall and every popular bar venue. The queue is Ubers way of getting all the idiots who should not even be in this country to hang out in clusters ready to take your cheap riders at any price.
Yes, but in theory this could be a boon for the INS/Customs/Border Patrol lazy azz cops who can now just roll into a Goober encampment and arrest away. No detective work needed (well maybe a little cause those donut hogging clowns would still have to put all their iq's together to locate a Goober Queue) just arrive/arrest/go back to Dunkin Donuts and pat each other on the back for great detective work. Now, if onlyh the NYC TLC inspectors did THEIR job and came to NJ (God Forbid) and catch all the carpet baggers we have here, well thne the surge might just return to the rest of us Americans that do the Goober Dance.

NHDriver

Its a great marketing ploy to attract more PAX. Kudos to them. It goes to show the new CEO is motivating the corporate yahoos to do their jobs. When I was a corporate manager for a multi billion dollar corp we had Monday morning meetings to update the projects we were working on and come up with new ideas for increasing profits. That is how you get good raises and bonuses.
I can see that worked out well for you! Uber on!!

Good they can charge their phones and get their water there instead of expecting us to supply it.
And just maybe they can educate the pax that if they have too many packages to fit in X they order XL. Just a thought.

atthehop

I can see that worked out well for you! Uber on!!

And just maybe they can educate the pax that if they have too many packages to fit in X they order XL. Just a thought.
It worked great for me, between my pension and SS I don't need to fUber for pennies.

pvtandrewmalone

Now, if onlyh the NYC TLC inspectors did THEIR job and came to NJ (God Forbid) and catch all the carpet baggers we have here, well thne the surge might just return to the rest of us Americans that do the Goober Dance.

The New York TLC has absolutely no jurisdiction in New Jersey. Any rule they make has no bearing on New Jersey.

Once a TLC car crosses the state border, he's no different from any other New York registered car until he crosses back.

SuzeCB

The New York TLC has absolutely no jurisdiction in New Jersey. Any rule they make has no bearing on New Jersey.

Once a TLC car crosses the state border, he's no different from any other New York registered car until he crosses back.
Exactly. That is why if we actually want what the TLC drivers agreed to with the TLC to apply in New Jersey, we have to get Trenton to pass a law. That is not going to happen until late January or February of 2018, when the new governor takes the seat. Christie mentioned this need when he signed the law regulating us. It wouldn't surprise me if Trenton already had a bill sitting on someone's desk, waiting to be presented to the legislature for consideration and vote. They're just not going to put it forth while Christie is still there. They are not going to give him anything that he will be able to tack his name on to that will make the people of New Jersey happy at all.

And just so there's no mistake, I'm not defending Christie. He made this bed and we all have to lie in it.

Asshat.

MaximusMurkimus

Exactly. That is why if we actually want what the TLC drivers agreed to with the TLC to apply in New Jersey, we have to get Trenton to pass a law. That is not going to happen until late January or February of 2018, when the new governor takes the seat. Christie mentioned this need when he signed the law regulating us. It wouldn't surprise me if Trenton already had a bill sitting on someone's desk, waiting to be presented to the legislature for consideration and vote. They're just not going to put it forth while Christie is still there. They are not going to give him anything that he will be able to tack his name on to that will make the people of New Jersey happy at all.

And just so there's no mistake, I'm not defending Christie. He made this bed and we all have to lie in it.

Asshat.

Idk, people wanna act like everything will be gravy when Christie leaves, when NJ hasn't had a good governor in quite some time. The new one could easily give people the runaround under the premise that "oh it's runoff from Christie I swear". Repeat until reelection time.

SuzeCB

Idk, people wanna act like everything will be gravy when Christie leaves, when NJ hasn't had a good governor in quite some time. The new one could easily give people the runaround under the premise that "oh it's runoff from Christie I swear". Repeat until reelection time.
There's always a risk of that. I just I can't believe that there is any reason for our legislature to not put forth something along these lines. There's no benefit to them or anyone else in this state to keep the TLC's here and not have something to enforce the point to point ban.

ChortlingCrison

There's always a risk of that. I just I can't believe that there is any reason for our legislature to not put forth something along these lines. There's no benefit to them or anyone else in this state to keep the TLC's here and not have something to enforce the point to point ban.
I wonder if Chris Christie has ever taken an uber ride.