When will I learn? RAA issues...

uberRog

So I went over 3 months without going to the RAA lot because I had decided it was for suckers and a waste of time. But over the last week, I actually went there 3 times because 1. I had to pee, and 2. The queue was only about 20 cars, so I figured why not. First 2 times resulted in a pretty good ride to the northern burbs, after only waiting 10-12 minutes in the lot. Yesterday, however, I first got a ping that said "161 minutes" before the queue was empty. I declined. Then, again before it was my turn, a freaking pool ride came up. Declined that as well...and got bumped back to 95th in line! So frustrating. I drove off in a huff and dead miled it back downtown. If you heard tires squealing in the lot yesterday, that was me!

crusoeatl

So I went over 3 months without going to the RAA lot because I had decided it was for suckers and a waste of time. But over the last week, I actually went there 3 times because 1. I had to pee, and 2. The queue was only about 20 cars, so I figured why not. First 2 times resulted in a pretty good ride to the northern burbs, after only waiting 10-12 minutes in the lot. Yesterday, however, I first got a ping that said "161 minutes" before the queue was empty. I declined. Then, again before it was my turn, a freaking pool ride came up. Declined that as well...and got bumped back to 95th in line! So frustrating. I drove off in a huff and dead miled it back downtown. If you heard tires squealing in the lot yesterday, that was me!
All those 161min rides are short rides around East Point. 160min are all downtown -midtown. Learned that lesson.

Uberzoom

Next time accept and if it is really way too far simply tell the pax you can't go that far.

Royalflush

That happened yesterday to me. I was 30th in place. Then when I got to 1 they sent me 3 pool rides I declined them and got put to 59th in place so I left out. Cheap bastard passengers want to get a discount in my ride at the airport. Its inconvenient to pick up 2 different passengers at the airport and the split pay is deplorable for a driver.

Carbenger

So, is the airport the only place the long destination tag is showing. I had a trip from Buford/Suwanee to the airport with no tag.

ds00080

The past 2 days Ive had 4 rides over the 45 min mark with no long destination tag showing including one this morning from Suwanee to Hampton

Dinoberra

Why are y'all tripping over it indicating the time when for the past 4 years it hasn't been any indication of how long a trip will take?

Dinoberra

Because it was introduced as a new improvement and we want to hold them to it. Once again, however, they are backing out of something that would benefit the drivers.
It just makes them look bad, someone needs to write an article about the 180 days of change and the changes back.

Uberdude1021

We've lost the long trip tag here in Detroit. I get it though, there are people at the airport who skip every request that didn't have the long trip tag on it. That isn't really the intended use. I drive part time so a long trip tag would help me out if I were in a time crunch.

Harleyfxdx1

Had a run yesterday Dunwoody to International Terminal. Got there a little after 4:00PM ... didn't get a rematch.
I like to regroup and check best options for heading back to northern burbs. I usually go to Malone's on Virginia Ave or race Trac on campcreek to relax and check best route back.
I decided to go to the RAA ... haven't been there in many months.
What a shock!!! ... only 18 cars total (all platforms)
Hung Round for about 45 minutes and watched the excavation work being done (guess it's for the 6th runway)

X cars rolled thru at a steady pace. Nothing else moved.
Further evidence for XL/Select ... if no rematch ... get the he'll out of there and look for another run down .... the RAA is a lost cause.

I headed back on 285

Britishpilot

Ahh remember the good old days when the sight of a suitcase was a cause for optimism. Yes two long trips. Oh well times have changed. :-) wonder what uber and lyfts opinion on this is?.

Uberdude1021

Had a run yesterday Dunwoody to International Terminal. Got there a little after 4:00PM ... didn't get a rematch.
I like to regroup and check best options for heading back to northern burbs. I usually go to Malone's on Virginia Ave or race Trac on campcreek to relax and check best route back.
Hung Round for about 45 minutes and watched the excavation work being done (guess it's for the 6th runway)

Further evidence for XL/Select ... if no rematch ... get the he'll out of there and look for another run down .... the RAA is a lost cause.

I headed back on 285
I don't know about there but here in Detroit select is pretty much dead, I get one here and there, maybe once a month. The big problem is that people use these super nice cars to run uber x. So pax are starting to figure out that they don't need a select ride to get a select car. There's a guy that will pick up x in a newer model escalade.. why would choose ubersuv when you've got that at an uber x price

Chip Dawg

I headed back on 285
Of course, Select is not moving.

I don't know about there but here in Detroit select is pretty much dead, I get one here and there, maybe once a month. The big problem is that people use these super nice cars to run uber x. So pax are starting to figure out that they don't need a select ride to get a select car. There's a guy that will pick up x in a newer model escalade.. why would choose ubersuv when you've got that at an uber x price
Uber succeeded. Sit and wait hours for a Select or take an X ride in under a hour.

I still believe a scam is running on the Select platform.

pjrxj

That is the truth. When I lived there I only used my Camry. When I moved here I started using my Suburban. Before I registered here in ATL I added my Suburban and drove there for 2 weeks around Xmas. They gave me X, XL and Select pings. When I officially transferred here they only gave me XL and Select pings. They just recently ask me to add X which I declined.