when to cancel

mchal4

hi guys, new poster, are we allowed to start trips and then cancel, or can we only cancel EATS trips before you start it ?
thanks

Irishjohn831

hi guys, new poster, are we allowed to start trips and then cancel, or can we only cancel EATS trips before you start it ?
thanks
To be safe, cancel prior to starting the trip. If you suspect something and the restaurant people seem nice they may be able to tell you where it is going or give you the number for the customer prior to starting the delivery.

mchal4

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
To be safe, cancel prior to starting the trip. If you suspect something and the restaurant people seem nice they may be able to tell you where it is going or give you the number for the customer prior to starting the delivery.
thanks

CZ75

Call support and have them cancel for you if you started the trip already. If you manually cancel after starting too many times the app will seek revenge against you'll probably find yourself deactivated at some point (thinks you're stealing food).

mchal4

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’ve never cancelled after accepting the food at the restaurant, if you cannot do the delivery after accepting the food after clicking the start trip option then go call support and explain the issue do not leave the restaurant
thanks

Joesmith2012

haha for a while there my car was having a lot of issues, so sometimes it wouldn't even start, it got so bad I would grab the food and I wouldn't start trip until I'm 100% sure my car has started and ready to run. And in case it wouldn't start I just bring the food back and cancel the trip. If I haven't started the trip I was in the clear. Things I had to do for the hustle and grind.

Iamfoodgod

You can cancel at any time. Like today I had to deliver to 521 something St and got there and saw 519 and next to it 523. 519 had 2 separate doors so figured go in, nope. Went around 523(little barbeque shack) nothing back there. The McDonald's order is getting cold so I cancel without calling customer as I feel if they aren't going to give me any directions with this missing @@@@ing building @@@@ it. I got paid still after cancelling as can't find customer. Unsalted fries and 2 unsalted cheeseburgers + M coke, but free!