• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

When There are More Drivers in Munroe (Hamilton) than Pearson

la pulga

the storm might have delayed/cancelled flights. I'm suprised shitter inhabitants are smart enough to check flight status. maybe they're evolving!

evad77

I dropped someone at munro at 530am,next 4 requests were all 16to23 min away for 3to5 min rides,declined all and turned off app

mikees3

You guys need to take a driving course if you rely on snow tires to save you. I grew up driving with bald all seasons, snow tires were for the rich.

I drove a rwd with summer slicks through a snow storm last year,had zero traction and got stuck 3x but got home safely.

I have snow tires on my Uber car but sometimes I take out my summer car to play in the snow RWD plus some sandbags make it really fun.

Ahmado

You guys need to take a driving course if you rely on snow tires to save you. I grew up driving with bald all seasons, snow tires were for the rich.

I drove a rwd with summer slicks through a snow storm last year,had zero traction and got stuck 3x but got home safely.

I have snow tires on my Uber car but sometimes I take out my summer car to play in the snow RWD plus some sandbags make it really fun.
Sounds like 410 winter driving

Kurt Halfyard

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

It's not about how to drive. It is about having that extra ability to augment your good driving that makes the SNOW TIRES essential.
I drove a 1982 Pontiac Trans-Am in the winter, rear-wheel drive, it taught you how to remain calm despite never really being in control. It was a good lesson, but that was in 1992 in Durham, I wouldn't take those risks in the GTA in 2019 where the population has doubled, and the # of cars has quadrupled.

i_k

Ah, millennial mikees, sounds like fun but it won’t be fun if you accidentally lose control and kill someone. People die on the road everyday from accidents, and I’m sure some of those people are great drivers too.

When driving on snow and ice it only takes a split second for things to go awry, and when peoples lives are at risk, it’s better to be safe than sorry..

mikees3

Ah, millennial mikees, sounds like fun but it won’t be fun if you accidentally lose control and kill someone. People die on the road everyday from accidents, and I’m sure some of those people are great drivers too.

When driving on snow and ice it only takes a split second for things to go awry, and when peoples lives are at risk, it’s better to be safe than sorry..
Slow down and learn to control throttle