When the App Messes Up

LilRedWagon

My friend texted me just now, 10:35 on Labor Day, and said his Uber app was shutting off and on. He said he restarted it and his phone, and also deleted it and re-downloaded it. Is anyone watching the forum who knows how to fix it? (Uber hub is closed.)

rvhul

I can't get online, keeps saying to change some settings on my phone or something about how I'm not accepting riders at the moment. It shows in a red dialog box after I swipe to go online. Doesn't work.

Anyone else?

LilRedWagon

I was just surfing around, hoping for someone to respond to the thread, and noticed there's a big radiation storm going on right now. I didn't wait to see the particulars. Astronomy folk are watching it live. It's really big, maybe it affects us!

Wiki says radiation storms cause "position errors [that] make navigation operations extremely difficult."

Last edited:

Hazmat

I noticed when I let 2 pings go on the street, they started kicking me offline. Was a bit irritating working the rain surge.

LilRedWagon

I noticed when I let 2 pings go on the street, they started kicking me offline. Was a bit irritating working the rain surge.
Just now, or when?

Since my friend can't work, we're getting together to work on something he needs done at his house. So I won't be on the computer to get updated on whatever is wrong with the app. Hope it fixes itself before I get home. Don't think to tell me I need a smart phone, if I had a smart phone I'd be one of the ants and have a handle like, Granny. : )

UberBeemer

That might be the penalty box, as I call it. If you reject two in a row they put you on time out for a couple of minutes.

Hazmat

That might be the penalty box, as I call it. If you reject two in a row they put you on time out for a couple of minutes.

I figured that's what it was, but that's the first time it went offline outside of the pit for me. Seems pointless to kick me off because as soon as I logged back on it pinged away until I got what I wanted.

UberBeemer

The Uber app doesn't play nice with other apps. It insists that if it isn't in the foreground, you must want to log out.