1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

When pax calls

Discussion in 'Washington DC' started by roadman, Nov 14, 2017 at 4:30 AM.

1. Uberfunitis

Uberfunitis Well-Known Member

Text is just one way a phone call is just as valid. I would actually rather receive a phone call because I can communicate back and forth with them in that situation legally with hands free. If they are texting there is no way for me to read what they have sent or respond in any easy way. I find the phone call easier, but that is just me.

Most of the time I am driving when I receive a ping, not so easy to stop and pull over to read whatever they are sending.

2. PDT

PDT Active Member

Funny! Gate code. Hahaha. Pax better be on my side of gate ready to go. Not going through a gate. Automatic cancel.

3. Uberfunitis

I have no problem going into gated communities provided I can easily get in with a gate code or a security guard that does not hassle me too much.

MoreTips likes this.
  4. yankdog

yankdog Well-Known Member

I've done the gate code thing. I don't care. But if it's been a bad day or Uber has bent me over the chair and probed my patience or good will then gate = shuffle if the timer kicks off. I honestly hate being the ass. But my hatred for Uber far outstrips it. Pax can complain and get their money back anyway. I sure have as pax when I'm shuffled by one of you heathens.

koyotemohn and Uberfunitis like this.
  5. Uberest

Uberest Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    For you contras, go ahead and don’t pick up the phone.

I’ve had some of my best, longest rides and best tips coming from pax where either they or the driver canceled after driver played some kind of hide and seek.

6. Nats121

Nats121 Well-Known Member

I assume you didn't keep the driver waiting, so why were you shuffled?

7. yankdog

yankdog Well-Known Member

Who knows. I'm always outside waiting. I rarely get shuffled. This time I didn't do anything crazy lol. Sometimes I'm at a grocery store but I call and tell driver (or text) I will tip ten in cash for the short ride and I will put food in trunk and he does not need to help and tell him I'm a driver. I get shuffled at grocery stores 25% of the time. But the last time perhaps the driver had a headache lol

8. WaveRunner1

WaveRunner1 Well-Known Member

Incoming calls are rare. I always answer. Sometimes they politely inform me exactly where they are. If they call and I sense any attitude or questions about where I am, I politely notify them I will be there very shortly then proceed to hang up and cancel.

9. a_Magillacutty

a_Magillacutty Active Member

I don’t mind the call. Allows me to gauge if person is an idiot, a**hole, or POS. If they are none of these and they have useful info, it only makes the job easier.

Uberfunitis likes this.
  10. LowIQCrazyMika

LowIQCrazyMika Well-Known Member

...I don't answer calls if the timer is about to end.
    Plus I play hide and seek at 2.30min mark
    So I always receive a call towards the end like at 4min mark

Brandon0315 likes this.
  11. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

Text message. I never answer, I'm navigating to their location, trying to pay attention to traffic and hiding any contraband I have laying about. I have no time for their phone calls.

If it's a gate code or special instructions a text will suffice...

More often than not the calls are:

Pax: Hi, uh... this is Jay Uh, you're coming to get me, uh I ordered an uber. Hello? Hello?

Me: hello? I can't hear you, hello?

Pax: uh.... hello im you uber client, Uh.. jay...
    Me: What man? Whats up? Hello?
    Pax: Hey you missed my turn, ... hello you have to turn around bro... hello?
    Me: I can't hear you. Text me what you needed.

Click.

Bzzzzzzt

Text from rider: The code is #8147
    Building 1274 First left into the complex.

Me: Thanks, see you soon.

12. Easy 1 star

Easy 1 star New Member

I never get shuffled as a passenger. If you get shuffled you honestly suck as a human and are inconsiderate to the driver. I am always at the pin waiting. If I happen to be out in a crowded area like 14th street for example I will even walk to 15th and request a ride there so I don't have to be picked up in a cluster f***.

If you request a ride in rush hour on a crowded street you deserved to get shuffled because not only are you creating an impossible situation but most drivers are going to throw on their blinkers like idiots and create a road jam. Uber is a disease. And passengers are the root of it and drivers that let them get away with that kind of crap and make it worse for everyone else is a close 2nd.

3.75, roadman, CHIGiRL and 1 other person like this.
  13. Uberfunitis

Usually when I get a call it is a nice helpful person.

Case in point just today I pulled up to the pin and waited about three minutes for an X trip. I get a phone call that asked if I was having a hard time finding them. This started to set off my bs meter and I was about to cancel when they said they were at the hotel across the street from the high rise that the pin was showing address and all. I tell them no problem and whip over there and pick them up. It was a trip from a hotel by DCA to IAD and they left a five dollar tip after in the app that I will have to get rid of now but they were very nice couple and I am glad that I answered the phone.

14. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

Of course I've received helpful phone calls, most however are similar to my example minus the gate code. In 2 years, and at least 400 pickups in gated communities, I've had people call or text me the code less than 10 times.

PalmBeach Kristen likes this.
  15. xjguarx

xjguarx Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You mean that I should wait 5 minutes for an Uber X passenger at the intersection of M St and Wisconsin Ave at 7:30 AM?

Brandon0315 likes this.
  16. Uberfunitis

If you want to get a cancel fee than yes otherwise In my opinion you should cancel dont charge passenger and move along.

17. xjguarx

Driving:
    UberX
    Every Uber driver who is not a newbie NEVER picks up a telephone call. My settings are already preconfigured and every time I do Uber I just turn them on

Call forwarding ON

1C0202DE-4C35-4CA8-B537-123D7EC7145A.png
    ————————————————————————

Signature:

People who live in Potomac DONT DRIVE for Uber...they order an Uber

————————————————————————-

Brandon0315 likes this.
  18. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

I should have added, when driving.

I do not answer phone calls from rides when driving. If I'm parked, sure. I have no pronlem with that.

19. Uberfunitis

Been doing it over a year now and I always answer if it is safe.

20. xjguarx

Driving:
    UberX
    Why should I press “do not charge customer” ? I used gas and time to drive from point A to where customer requested the service. If customer is inconsiderate and is not at the place where he requested the Uber, then why should I be care for him? If he is not there, then I play hide and seek....I won’t leave that place without being compensated for the stupidity and laziness of the pax.

How you ever heard about VIA? Waiting time is 30 seconds, and guess what? Customers are ALWAYS ready :D

There is an Uber employee named Jason who takes Uber from West Falls Church metro station to his place in McLean......are you sure is not you Uberfunitis?

roadman and koyotemohn like this.