• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

When my app is on with Uber. How do I call the pick up in person in Phoenix

Gerrid

Hi.....I need info....Im new to all this. What I'd like to know is how to I call the pickup person in Glendale, AZ

Teksaz

Dude is that your real address in the location field? Beware of creepers knocking on your door at 2:00AM. You might not want to broadcast that to the world. Or maybe you do??

The fake number that Uber allocated for you is the same number you will use to text or call the pax.

Desert Driver

Hi.....I need info....Im new to all this. What I'd like to know is how to I call the pickup person in Glendale, AZ
Gerrid - These tips may help you out. I post these every few weeks for the benefit of our new driving brethren. Welcome aboard, amigo!

Uber best practices for safety, high ratings, and profit maximization.

• Don't even think about driving until you've purchased a commercial livery insurance policy. That'll run you about $4500 per year so you're going to be doing a lot of driving at first. But you really have no choice in the matter. Your personal insurance company is going to drop you if they learn you're driving for Uber. And the Uber contingent liability policy DOES NOT cover your medical claim or your property claim in the event you are involved in an at-fault accident.
• Never pick up a pax with a rating lower than 4.7. (Jesus, how hard is it to be a 5-star pax? How about not being a @@@@@@bag?)
• Never respond to a ping more than 10 minutes away. (Yes, it might be a decent fare, but the odds are against you.)
• If you're traveling, never respond to a ping behind you.
• When you arrive at pickup location and pax is not present, DO NOT call or text the pax. Start a stop watch and cancel at 5:01 and move on.
• For the love of God, NEVER had out gum, candy, mints, water, etc. to paxs. There is no upside, it costs you money, and it creates more mess for you to clean up.
• If a pax leaves something behind in your car. DO NOT make the effort to return it. If you follow Uber's rules it'll actually cost you money and time to return it. If the pax needs it back, he/she will track you down through Uber. When that happens you can negotiate an appropriate fee to return the item. It doesn't matter what the item is - wallet, phone, eyeglasses, event tickets, clothing, jewelry, etc.
• ABC - Always Be Compensated. You're an independent contractor. Don't do anything without being paid. If you wish to run your car as a charity the folks over at Meals on Wheels would love to speak with you.

Some of these items may seem a little harsh to the new driver, but time and experience will show you that these practices not only work, but that they work very well. As a new driver, there's no value in re-inventing the wheel, as it were.

Teksaz

I'm not sure if I should be thanking you or you should be thanking me but anyway thanks for removing your address and apt. number. Hopefully it didn't attract to much attention. lol

CommanderXL

Gerrid - These tips may help you out. I post these every few weeks for the benefit of our new driving brethren. Welcome aboard, amigo!

• Don't even think about driving until you've purchased a commercial livery insurance policy. That'll run you about $4500 per year so you're going to be doing a lot of driving at first. But you really have no choice in the matter. Your personal insurance company is going to drop you if they learn you're driving for Uber. And the Uber contingent liability policy DOES NOT cover your medical claim or your property claim in the event you are involved in an at-fault accident.
• Never pick up a pax with a rating lower than 4.7. (Jesus, how hard is it to be a 5-star pax? How about not being a @@@@@@bag?)
• Never respond to a ping more than 10 minutes away. (Yes, it might be a decent fare, but the odds are against you.)
• When you arrive at pickup location and pax is not present, DO NOT call or text the pax. Start a stop watch and cancel at 5:01 and move on.
• For the love of God, NEVER had out gum, candy, mints, water, etc. to paxs. There is no upside, it costs you money, and it creates more mess for you to clean up.
• If a pax leaves something behind in your car. DO NOT make the effort to return it. If you follow Uber's rules it'll actually cost you money and time to return it. If the pax needs it back, he/she will track you down through Uber. When that happens you can negotiate an appropriate fee to return the item. It doesn't matter what the item is - wallet, phone, eyeglasses, event tickets, clothing, jewelry, etc.
• ABC - Always Be Compensated. You're an independent contractor. Don't do anything without being paid. If you wish to run your car as a charity the folks over at Meals on Wheels would love to speak with you.

Some of these items may seem a little harsh to the new driver, but time and experience will show you that these practices not only work, but that they work very well. As a new driver, there's no value in re-inventing the wheel, as it were.
I pretty much disagree with every one of your points, except maybe the one about not going backwards.

poopy

Well, they are C.O.D.

But I'll bring beer.

(We can send Gerrid taxis, tow trucks, and BackPage hookers while we eat)

:smiles:

Desert Driver

I pretty much disagree with every one of your points, except maybe the one about not going backwards.
You're certainly free to disagree and I respect your decision to do so. I'm simply sharing sound, objective advice for our new driving brethren. After all, no sense making mistakes that can be avoided, we will agree. Remember, that list is about maximizing profit and safety. Nothing more.

OCBob

For anyone that needs the Uber number, just use your area code with the number 867-5309. That is (XXX)867-5309.

Operators standing by. I got Jenny. She was very nice.

Newbies, sent out on a job with no knowledge on how to do this job.

Danica

Hey bob what's going on with you ,I drive for uber in Toronto Canada would it be possible for for me to drive for uber in ..let's say Boston USA ? Please help me this question is troubles me it's all I think about.

Desert Driver

Hey bob what's going on with you ,I drive for uber in Toronto Canada would it be possible for for me to drive for uber in ..let's say Boston USA ? Please help me this question is troubles me it's all I think about.
That would be a no.

Mr. T

Don't lie

I drive for both uber and lyft, and I have told my insurance company on multiple occasions what I do, and they don't care, and they haven't dropped me.

A for effort though

Desert Driver

Don't lie

I drive for both uber and lyft, and I have told my insurance company on multiple occasions what I do, and they don't care, and they haven't dropped me.

A for effort though
That's an uplifting comment. Thanks for sharing.