• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

When is Juno coming to NJ

DoubleDee

Last time I spoke to a Juno representative I was told that they would be paying 15 cents a mile plus 25% of whatever tips the passenger pays through the app.

The passenger will be charged one dollar a mile so Juno will be keeping 85% of the fare and 75% of the tips.

Mikemike88

What do people expect the rates to be?

I’m 110% certain it will be very very similar to Lyft and Uber.

Do NJ drivers still want to drive for Juno? 90 to 100% NYC bound trips

Everybody complains about NYC trips but NJ drivers are excited about Juno

I don’t get it

Lepke

While they're only Market in the United States is New York, there are reasons they need to operate in New Jersey.
As far as money goes, they have Gett as their parent company and Gett is profitable overseas.
They need to be able to dispatch their TLC drivers back to New York from Newark Airport. There are many Jersey drivers who don't mind those trips also. New Jersey being a Suburban bedroom community of New York City, they need to be able to service existing customers who use the service in New York and will often take it from New York to their homes in New Jersey.
Problem is they have no experience in rideshare as most of the nation understands it. They launched in New York City under what is basically Livery or black car regulations and Gett operates with legally licensed vehicles in every Market that they are in around the world. So the part-time " friend with a car" or " side Hustle" business model is going to be a challenge for them.
They've got the technology infrastructure in place, so they theoretically could give Uber and Lyft a run for their money. There will be some business in northern New Jersey starting day one. Mostly going to New York but as I said before there are plenty of drivers who don't have an issue going into the city and of course plenty of TLC drivers who want that ride back.

MondayMan

Everybody complains about NYC trips but NJ drivers are excited about Juno
Not everybody complains about NYC trips. I have been thoroughly mocked on here for not minding them, and I still don’t.
Post automatically merged:

What do people expect the rates to be?
I’m too lazy to see if I have a record of that right now, but I have seen their NJ rate card and the rates are better than U/L.

Last edited:

Mikemike88

Yes I know they might be higher statistically but in all honesty it’s quite similar

For NJ rates, I still have no clue which is higher, Lyft or Uber. Because to me they are the same

DerBundes

The only alternative to UBER or Lyft, when it comes to Jersey is either politics or join a black car base for $9/hr plus "incentives."