When is a pool not a pool?

Altima ATL

OK - I do mandate that I do not do pool rides, and have unsuccessfully tried to opt out of pool and do ignore pool requests.

Somehow yesterday after accepting request and arrive at pickup, I find it is a pool ride (I do not recall seeing pool stated on the initial ping - but that would be a whole new conversation).

Well - as I am here, I will take PAX - so pick him up.

On way to destination - message says another rider added - Oh good I thought - this will inconvenience this PAX and maybe he will not order pool again.

Anyway - the destination kinda changed - but was still for the original drop off. I arrive and drop off pax, and then app tries to direct me to next pickup.

The new pickup was also pool - but was 6 miles and 15 minutes away - obviously I cancelled.

But because of the pool concept - were both these rides considered 1 pool - or 2 separate rides? If was 1 pool - then would I have been paid for the empty 6 miles to the other PAX (I doubt very much) - or was it just an automatic stacked pool ping request?

sounds like a stacked pool.yea those suck i had that happen a few times once i notice it i may complete the rides if its a quest if not i go offline and get the hell out of that area

Dinoberra

That was a glitch. I've had that happen before, had to cancel both and put a passenger out because the app froze.

Cjris

I NEVER do Pool rides also, ONLY when they are a 1.3 or higher boost/surge....cause at least I will still make an "X" fare...and I shut off accepting another ride, that's where you REALLY get screwed!

nobody420

That was a glitch. I've had that happen before, had to cancel both and put a passenger out because the app froze.
Lmao

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I did pool all weekend did more trips this weekend than I done did in a week for the laSt 6 months. I did my 50+ trips for a extra 70 dollars. How about you Dino did you do your 50+ trips because like you say 200 dollars everyday. Which ain't much but it would do on off days. Had no problems with the uber pool counted it as trips instead off cash most where short some was surge all payed well and this coming from a guy that hate uber pool and uber pay rate altogether

Well I shouldn't say well but generally the same as x

Finished early too

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-10-19-43-30.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-10-19-43-30.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 52

Dinoberra

Lmao

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I did pool all weekend did more trips this weekend than I done did in a week for the laSt 6 months. I did my 50+ trips for a extra 70 dollars. How about you Dino did you do your 50+ trips because like you say 200 dollars everyday. Which ain't much but it would do on off days. Had no problems with the uber pool counted it as trips instead off cash most where short some was surge all payed well and this coming from a guy that hate uber pool and uber pay rate altogether

Well I shouldn't say well but generally the same as x

Finished early too
Honestly i haven't worked since last Wednesday, been at home getting over something.

crusoeatl

Question for people that do pool: I had a request tonight around 10pm for pool with the 45+ min tag. Didn't accept. If it were earlier in the day I might have accepted it thinking it goes to the airport and I can talk the pax into switching to X after explaining they may miss their flight as I have done before (of course I could just check the Stop new requests and take them via pool, so that's where the question comes later). But being so late I didn't think it would be airport and with no traffic Uber's estimate of 45+ min would be a long ride. So my question is how much does one get paid per miles and time on a long pool ride (like an airport ride) if you click the Stop requests and take them straight to the destination? Just wanna know if it would be worth the time. Thanks.

negeorgia

Question for people that do pool: I had a request tonight around 10pm for pool with the 45+ min tag. Didn't accept. If it were earlier in the day I might have accepted it thinking it goes to the airport and I can talk the pax into switching to X after explaining they may miss their flight as I have done before (of course I could just check the Stop new requests and take them via pool, so that's where the question comes later). But being so late I didn't think it would be airport and with no traffic Uber's estimate of 45+ min would be a long ride. So my question is how much does one get paid per miles and time on a long pool ride (like an airport ride) if you click the Stop requests and take them straight to the destination? Just wanna know if it would be worth the time. Thanks.
I figure 8 cents a minute/ 55 cents a mile. Can be as low as $18 for nearly an hour of wheels in motion.

crusoeatl

I figure 8 cents a minute/ 55 cents a mile. Can be as low as $18 for nearly an hour of wheels in motion.
I can make around $32-35 on X going to the airport from around the same spot this request came in with no traffic. Around 55-60min. So $18 would not do for me. I thought that by switching off new requests I might get close to an X rate. When at the airport I sometimes look up the pax rate for going to my home and the difference is minimal between X and pool (under $3-4). But losing half the rate is not worth it. Besides, this would have not been an airport run at 10pm so who knows where I would have ended up and dead head back. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

screwber

Is this the day all opt out Pool drivers receive Pool requests? I opted out of Pool rides even before I gave my first Uber ride....

negeorgia

I can make around $32-35 on X going to the airport from around the same spot this request came in with no traffic. Around 55-60min. So $18 would not do for me. I thought that by switching off new requests I might get close to an X rate. When at the airport I sometimes look up the pax rate for going to my home and the difference is minimal between X and pool (under $3-4). But losing half the rate is not worth it. Besides, this would have not been an airport run at 10pm so who knows where I would have ended up and dead head back. Thanks for the heads up.
With enough miles to make $32, probably would have been around 22-24 then.