When gambles work

whatsataxi

So tonight doing the normal inner suburb stuff, get a job in to the CBD and then get one from there to Upwey. Nice $55 net fare. Drop the people off go around the corner and have a smoke. Get a ping 22 minutes away to Emerald. I let it time out, it pings again and I think screw it its a nice night for a drive so I accept. Finish the smoke (if they can wait 22 mins they can wait 2 more right) and head on out. The whole way there I'm thinkin this better not be a local job. Arrive at the pick up and I see a suitcase. Off to the Airport we go. Nice cruisy 1 hour drive and $95 net fair. :smiles:

whatsataxi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Honestly the rest of the night was pretty crappy. No surge fares at all. Ended up being about $40 net per hour which I guess isn't bad but could have been a lot better as well. Take the good with the bad and start again tonight.

Nah not Eats, the smell would just make me perma-hungry and chances are the customers would occaisionally be missing a bit of dinner

joffie

Some days are good some are bad. You did well on that 20 min trip. Some trolls will tell you no surge no ride and no pickup further than 2 min but as long as it works then its good.

Least you made someone's day. Would of cost a lot more than a cab.

LevelX

Some days are good some are bad. You did well on that 20 min trip. Some trolls will tell you no surge no ride and no pickup further than 2 min but as long as it works then its good.
Agreed... Gotta take the good with the bad...

Outer burb pings on fri/sat nights are either pissy local jobs, kids going to friends or long jobs into the city, rarely to the airport.

So you did well whatsataxi. Some times you have to roll the dice and see what comes up!

UXDriver

Least you made someone's day. Would of cost a lot more than a cab.
CBD and inner burbs

No surge
No ride