When do you decide to call it a day?

fields

I drive until I reach a certain amount of earnings. If I am very busy, I will go home earlier than on a quiet day. The upside of this method is a reasonably steady income each week. My aim is $2000 a week plus tolls.

Perhaps others work a fixed amount of hours each day or go home when its quiet and stay out all night if its busy.

Not sure which method in the medium to longer term would generate the most income.

Heisenberg 99.1%

Everything eventually works to the average. For me, working to a set number of hours is the best method.
Some times you might hit $200 to $300 in half the time it takes you compared to other days.
But you can always work out the average hourly rate over a week of full time driving. I think it's easier to just do blocks of 3 to 4 hrs and then have a break. Some blocks the earnings are small and others are large. But it all averages out. That's how taxi drivers look at it too i have been told. Otherwise you go crazy and get disheartened.

Heisenberg 99.1%

Have you hit your $2,000 per week plus tolls yet?
By my average that would be around 12hrs per day for 7 days
Good for you if you can do that. It's great to be new and excited, but don't burn yourself out

Derry

that's really crazy $2ooo per week. I always think about my health as priority. Driving can be fun but don't forget to take breaks within your daily work and stretch your body. I had a family friends who works as a taxi driver driving night/day for 12 hrs and over daily. Over his 2-3 years of driving taxi he rarely don't take breaks or even excercise/rest much.. Eventually one day he was hit with kidney problem and went to hospital for operation.
6hrs of driving i'm already feeling my back restraint even though i stretch out.

It's ok to work long hours, but don't force your body unless you are fit and take good excercise and eat food.

UberSyd

I drive until I reach a certain amount of earnings. If I am very busy, I will go home earlier than on a quiet day. The upside of this method is a reasonably steady income each week. My aim is $2000 a week plus tolls.

Perhaps others work a fixed amount of hours each day or go home when its quiet and stay out all night if its busy.

Not sure which method in the medium to longer term would generate the most income.
2000 in fares ? before all expenses and Uber commision

UberSyd

12hrs by 7 days will get you around the 2k after Uber's comm (but before all expenses )
The best I ever did was a while back when had extra time 1 week and did heaps of hours.
Payout after Uber commission was bout $2400 including 50 in tolls for 70 hour week.

But there was a lot of luck that week and I had a incentive going.

fields

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you still driving right now fields? You only have 40 mins left to hit your colossal weekly target.
Actually we have till 4am Monday morning.

But no I didn't reach my target due to a slow Sunday, close enough though. Had I realised last night the Monday was a bank holiday, I would have stayed out 2 hours longer and made the $2000.

Last edited:

fields

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
9hours per day for 7 days a week may hit that $2000 target after Uber cut.
Yes that's about right. Average earnings per hour are between $30 and $35 Sun to Fri and $40 on Saturday. I do it in 6 days though.

Jae Lee

I only do fri and sat nights cus I have my mon to fri job...just out of curiosity where do you start in the mornings? any particular areas?
Do you guys have like a similar areas to begin every weekdays mornings? eastern suburbs?

tohunt4me

Before I leave the house to drive.

Dissendat

I don't have a set target when I go out. If I am tired, I go home earlier. If I am busy, I stay out but if it is quiet I go home. If I have a lucky ride that takes me close to home and it's been a long shift I will call it. I don't really have a goal when I go out, just see where the people take me.

oscardelta

How come you still come onto UberPeople?
I guess to remind myself of what a miserable experience being a "rideshare partner" truly was. I like to revel in my past misery. I've always been this way. I think it all stems from the difficult relationship I had with my father. He was often distant and cold during my most vulnerable times...those times that I needed a father the most.

tohunt4me

I guess to remind myself of what a miserable experience being a "rideshare partner" truly was. I like to revel in my past misery. I've always been this way. I think it all stems from the difficult relationship I had with my father. He was often distant and cold during my most vulnerable times...those times that I needed a father the most.
Rideshare driver = Sharecropper.