• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

When did you stop being humanitarian?

Ubermere

Yesterday had a ride that I should have cancelled. The whole situation and setup had disaster written all over.

Anyway, I went against my instincts and decided to help. Bad decision followed by 20 minutes of intense driving.

I got a cleaning fee, and the pax even gave me 5 star and tip.

All and all I think I helped the Pax out, but I realize that this is not my job.

Going forward is all about profit/loss. It took me 1 month and 200 rides to stop being humanitarian...

What about you?

tohunt4me

Yesterday had a ride that I should have cancelled. The whole situation and setup had disaster written all over.

Anyway, I went against my instincts and decided to help. Bad decision followed by 20 minutes of intense driving.

I got a cleaning fee, and the pax even gave me 5 star and tip.

All and all I think I helped the Pax out, but I realize that this is not my job.

Going forward is all about profit/loss. It took me 1 month and 200 rides to stop being humanitarian...

What about you?
Dont come around Here accusing us of being " HUMANITARIANS " !

Attachments

Ubermere

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Your post sounds like someone had a baby in your backseat. Any more details?
Just a really drunk passenger. Nothing out of the ordinary I guess for people that drive the night shifts, but this was in the afternoon in the middle of nowhere where I was probably the only driver in a 10 mile radius. Again nothing extraordinary, but I may have saved him from injuries etc by keeping him off the street.

mbd

Problem happens when I try to be a humanitarian, like picking up low rated passengers all the time, they ding you with a low ratings . :smiles: