When are we going to take a stand together??

Illini

We (drivers) need to pick a date & organize a nationwide strike ASAP until we 1.We get a much better split of our rides 50/50 55/45 splits are totally unfair when carry the heavy load or 2. Become Official employees so we can reap the benefits of our hard work & time.
I can promise you that the people at the top aren't worried about feeding their families & paying bills during this coronavirus outbreak.
One person's complaint equals deactivation, ALL OF US together equals results.
You do realize that only about 0.0001% of all rideshare drivers are on this forum, right?

observer

Nobody owes you anything. Drive or don't drive.
Actually, if OP is in Newark, California the state considers him an employee due to AB5.

As an employee, he is entitled to unemployment benefits because his pay has effectively been reduced.

If he is in Newark, New Jersey the state there has already filed a 500 million dollar lawsuit against Uber to recover Unemployment and Disability benefits.

Drivers in California especially should file for UI benefits. Since, in California, the employer is responsible for ALL business expenses, drivers should use the full amount Uber has paid them and not just the profits after expenses.

The weekly UI benefit will be higher.
Post automatically merged:

So, yes Uber owes California drivers for Unemployment benefits.

Also, Unemployment benefits are not paid by drivers, they are fully funded by the employer in this case Uber.

swathdiver

We (drivers) need to pick a date & organize a nationwide strike ASAP until we 1.We get a much better split of our rides 50/50 55/45 splits are totally unfair when carry the heavy load or 2. Become Official employees so we can reap the benefits of our hard work & time.
I can promise you that the people at the top aren't worried about feeding their families & paying bills during this coronavirus outbreak.
Stop being a lazy thief and go out and start your own company. I can promise the people that fall for this, that if you were successful in your endeavor, their paychecks would get smaller and you would be one of those at the top enjoying the fruits of everyone else' labor, including those at the top since they worked for it too!

Get a haircut and get a real job.

Mole

Why is it so often the New Members who think they can organize a nationwide strike of 500,000 drivers?

Also, it's usually the New Members who were unjustly deactivated and want to press a class action lawsuit?

I guess the grizzled veterans are just jaded.
Strike! Strike! Strike!

Fusion_LUser

True, but if those "Ants" realized they can get damn near twice the compensation, using less gas & putting fewer miles on their cars you don't think they'd think twice?? Think about it, do you really think the supply would meet the demand if the majority sat it out until we got it right? Timing is perfect... WE don't eat You don't eat
There is nothing to think about because a strike is not going to work. Uber and Lyft are not worried about any potential strike because they know no matter how many drivers strike, there will be enough ants out there to make up any shortfall.

You should find one of the AB5 union shills here at UB and team up with them, at least they will make you think AB5 will solve all your problems...

SHalester

of approx million Uber drivers, how many are really that upset to strike? Keep in mind this forum in no way represents the driving public.....

DriverMark

Oh.... yea.... Strike!

Half of a Strike is to garner public support and bring awareness to your cause. Oh, yea, this is a PERFECT time to do that! As HALF THE DAMN NATION is about to be unemployed. You think those folks are going to have ANY sympathy for Uber/Lyft drivers when they have no clue how they will pay rent, buy food, just survive during the COVID-19 shutdown?

PAX: "My job just shut it's doors and I have ZERO income, and yet Uber drivers are whining they needs more money. AT LEAST HE HAS A JOB!".

Yea..... great idea.....

Picture of the Uber/Lyft strike in NYC.....

TimesSquare.JPG

Bruce Hardwood

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stop being a lazy thief and go out and start your own company. I can promise the people that fall for this, that if you were successful in your endeavor, their paychecks would get smaller and you would be one of those at the top enjoying the fruits of everyone else' labor, including those at the top since they worked for it too!

Get a haircut and get a real job.
Lazy?? Thief?? You sound absolutely ridiculous you fool! I actually do have my own LLC & I put in 70-80 hour weeks! Do you? You sound like a brainwashed idiot! If you don't want more compensation for your time then you're a complete jackass!

Get a life bro
Oh trust I have a life! You're a complete fool if you don't want more money for your time! I'll get a life if you grow a pair!

Last edited:

XLnoGas

Lazy?? Thief?? You sound absolutely ridiculous you fool! I actually do have my own LLC & I put in 70-80 hour weeks! Do you? You sound like a brainwashed idiot! If you don't want more compensation for your time then you're a complete jackass!

Oh trust I have a life! You're a complete fool if you don't want more money for your time! I'll get a life if you grow a pair!
Well you I hope you make it through. Good vibes.

Bruce Hardwood

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
of approx million Uber drivers, how many are really that upset to strike? Keep in mind this forum in no way represents the driving public.....
I guess you don't understand how a movement works!! It's crazy that all these people have negative input for a cause that would benefit them & their families! Moles or morons??

Cynergie

Another strike.

This has already been done before. In massive numbers in states like California. Drivers went back to work the next day. Also special events the likes of A Day without Immigrants (in which a good number of immigrant Uber drivers participated) passed without incident a couple years back.

Striking does nothing other than letting you cut off your nose to spite your face. It gives Uber the excuse to cut costs by re-directing pings to those drivers who remain online. The only party who's going to be hurting for cash during and after a strike is the driver. Not Uber. Especially since historically, Uber has been infamous for "coincidentally" deactivating drivers pending investigation of lying pax safety issue/concern.

swathdiver

Lazy?? Thief?? You sound absolutely ridiculous you fool! I actually do have my own LLC & I put in 70-80 hour weeks!
Absolutely, you are trying to steal from others for your own gain. I can guarantee that you wouldn't let me walk into your office and take your money and tell you how to run your LLC.

NoPool4Me

Ain’t much to do for striking. I’ve been out 9 hours and only made $65. Just heard a major hotel downtown is only at 4% capacity and closing today..
The other issue is driver turnover is simply too high to be effective at striking.

I’m striking right now lol. Don’t plan to drive until the virus is over
Same here... haven't driven this month and don't intend to until this virus is cleared up. I won't even do Uber eats... I wish the best of luck to those of you that feel you have to. Be safe.

percy_ardmore

I can't. The arts supply store where I buy stuff to make my protest sign 'Unfair to Local 12, Villians, Thieves, and Scoundrels Union' is closed indefinitely.

UberPuppetGirl

Being a taxi driver is not by the hour.
But if it becomes by the hour, employees will have to find a new industry name for what they become.
Stage Coaches were taxis and they charged by the trip and by the hour on local rides.
Taxis are not really jobs that can be pimped if you get my meaning.
R/S might seem like a type of pimp but the price is the price the r/s company set up for you the "taxi".
Once you accept a fare it's your deal now.
R/s companies do not pimp your fee once you do the job.
I could go on including, the employee to boss pimp strategy but I wonder if anyone gets that part yet.

The taxi business

JohnnyBravo836

Want to take a guess at how many times someone here has proposed a strike? Wanna guess how many times it's actually happened?

Uber doesn't need you. The best thing you can do for yourself is not need Uber. As long as you need them more than they need you, they have the leverage. This is a hard truth that many drivers don't want to hear, but it's true.

I "went on strike" a little over a year ago, and I know that you'll be shocked to learn that Uber did not immediately crash and burn. Of course, I didn't call it a "strike", and I didn't tell anyone that I was "striking" -- I used the "Q" word, actually.