When a passenger says they'll give you 5-stars

Ogrin

I usually get that response after I have told them about the 4.6 star cut off. I take it as 'Dont worry, I understand - you did a good job so 5 stars'

Last edited:

NZShaker

Yea most chats that go that way people dont seem to understand as they think a 4 out of 5 is good, but once you explain to them most go oh didnt know, will make sure they re adjust their thinking

tinymoon

I just say "Thank You", and head to my next drive.
What they say and what they do may not be the same, and thinking about it takes mental energy not worth spending.
I do not believe it at all, not for a second. Just do what I do best and head to next rider.

So far, Picked up a family of 4, father asked to stop at Maccas and Servo for chicken nuggets and cigarette.

Father kept saying "Great service and 5 stars all the way to destination" It never happened because his daughter is the account holder and she was not happy about cigarette so 4* came thru because of cigarette stop.

Golfer

I do not believe it at all, not for a second. Just do what I do best and head to next rider.

So far, Picked up a family of 4, father asked to stop at Maccas and Servo for chicken nuggets and cigarette.

Father kept saying "Great service and 5 stars all the way to destination" It never happened because his daughter is the account holder and she was not happy about cigarette so 4* came thru because of cigarette stop.
He he ha ha he he I actualy find quite funny , ah well we are dealing with the public , can only make us better people / public !!!

tinymoon

He he ha ha he he I actualy find quite funny , ah well we are dealing with the public , can only make us better people / public !!!
And this was also my first ever professionalism report.

Music reports because: Asked: "Would you like to listen to specific music type or radio station", replied "I am fine with everything"

Now if do no tell then ROAD NOISE Radio station is your default choice.

Nawdy

I am still surprised how many riders that jump in my car and joke about how they are going to give a 1 star rating and then I just smile and say to them that's ok I can return the favour. They then get all serious and say you can rate me and then you inform them that all drivers rate them as well and watch there expressions on there faces change. I sometimes have fun and show them where to find there rating and some off them are surprised there not 5 star.

For the rest of the trip they are asking how they can maintain a good rating ... so I train them on how to be a good rider.

AvengingxxAngel

I can't stand it when someone says "I'll rate you 5*" as it feels like they're wanting you to reciprocate that, and sometimes people will say that, next minute you have a less than 5* pop up soon after that trip.
That's happened to me a few times, so now I take no notice (although I do say thank you) when someone comments "I'll rate you 5*" cause it's just them telling me "please rate me 5*"
It's like a driver telling a passenger they'll rate them 5* in hope of a 5* in return....Desperate!!

tinymoon

I am still surprised how many riders that jump in my car and joke about how they are going to give a 1 star rating and then I just smile and say to them that's ok I can return the favour. They then get all serious and say you can rate me and then you inform them that all drivers rate them as well and watch there expressions on there faces change. I sometimes have fun and show them where to find there rating and some off them are surprised there not 5 star.

For the rest of the trip they are asking how they can maintain a good rating ... so I train them on how to be a good rider.
True, I experienced couple times when riders learn that we can rate them as well. The funniest part is revealed surprisingly when they know that we complete more trips and the rating recovery also fast track along the way but for riders, it surely takes longer to recover their rating.

I also tell them that we generally do not take riders with rating lower a certain threshold and the rating hit them back when they need a ride home the most. Coincidently, couple times the next ping comes in right after finish the trip so I show them what we see as a driver as what we do as a driver with the NO THANKS button on the screen.

The big part is the dashcam plays an important role. I told them I back up all footage and save for months in case any dispute or unproven reports from disgraceful riders. I showed them the audio recording is off to ensure their privacy but a picture says a thousand words.

It is patronising, I give a mandatory 1 when they say 5 star(riders)
I just screenshot the trip and force off the app to avoid rating till I see my rating stay put or drop then one day I will just simply say time to change my mind with HELP-ISSUE WITH RIDER-CHANGE RATING.

So far I have only changed my mind twice

Thing

I think some pax see it as 'Your Tip'... Pax think, "In a taxi I'd tell the driver to keep the change, for an Uber I can tell them I'll give you 5 stars" :confused: -- pathetic really...

& why should you have to explain to pax (almost) every time, 4 stars & less is a fail... :rolleyes:

Another of the long list of faults I despise Uber for, their flawed rating system... What morons would incorporate a rating system where 4 out of the 5 rating possibilities were fails :eek: :mad:

tinymoon

I think some pax see it as 'Your Tip'... Pax think, "In a taxi I'd tell the driver to keep the change, for an Uber I can tell them I'll give you 5 stars" :confused: -- pathetic really...

& why should you have to explain to pax (almost) every time, 4 stars & less is a fail... :rolleyes:

Another of the long list of faults I despise Uber for, their flawed rating system... What morons would incorporate a rating system where 4 out of the 5 rating possibilities were fails :eek: :mad:
The Uber rating system like the car dealer survey after you have done car service. The car manufacturer will send a survey in which my service assistant insist me 9 out of 10 is a fail.

Especially, luxury car dealers such as Lexus, BMW, Audi, and Benz...etc always ring in advance before the survey sent in your email to ask for the best rating and if any problem arises so just let them rectify it before filling in the survey.

For Uber, anything under 5* is not acceptable. Uber should introduce new rating system in which only two option KEEP or FIRE

Freibuis

It is patronising, I give a mandatory 1 when they say 5 star(riders)
thank god the fare rates have dropped and you can afford not to get them as a repeat clients .... ok that was a little on the sarcastic side.. :wink: answer sarcasm with sarcasm lol

any way... Uber support has mentioned giving a person a 1 will lock them out of your Taxi for future rides... so doing this near your house could make you loose clients.. but then again... a rider gave me a 1 as a joke then called me later and wondered why I was not driving him any more.... it does the same for riders as well... :wink: maybe if they where told this.... then the shit drivers would stop getting riders lol

Beepbeep41

thank god the fare rates have dropped and you can afford not to get them as a repeat clients .... ok that was a little on the sarcastic side.. :wink: answer sarcasm with sarcasm lol

any way... Uber support has mentioned giving a person a 1 will lock them out of your Taxi for future rides... so doing this near your house could make you loose clients.. but then again... a rider gave me a 1 as a joke then called me later and wondered why I was not driving him any more.... it does the same for riders as well... :wink: maybe if they where told this.... then the shit drivers would stop getting riders lol
Riders can’t call you later

Freibuis

Riders can’t call youlater? Beep beep really. Sure you don't have a neibour or 2 who know your an taxi driver

Also Riders have figured out they can use lost property to call a driver again.. I have had a few now use it to get in contact about business proposals for the startup I'm creating.

But remember we are contractors and thethere is nothing stopping us giving out buisnrss cards. I do that for local riders in the area I live in who are quite friendly. So they SMS me to see if I'm in the area then wait out side then they book.

Beepbeep41

Riders can’t call youlater? Beep beep really. Sure you don't have a neibour or 2 who know your an taxi driver

Also Riders have figured out they can use lost property to call a driver again.. I have had a few now use it to get in contact about business proposals for the startup I'm creating.

But remember we are contractors and thethere is nothing stopping us giving out buisnrss cards. I do that for local riders in the area I live in who are quite friendly. So they SMS me to see if I'm in the area then wait out side then they book.
Yeah they could do it that way