When 45 Min trip comes up, no surge, what circumstances will you accept the trip ?

Irishjohn831

i accepted 1 today around 2pm, turned out to be customer needing child's meds brought to Fort Lee from New Rochelle

Traffic was light and no concerns on return toll, glad I did it.

Thinking around this time may be good when 45 comes up.

Thoughts ?

ibeam23

With 45+ ping and no surge I'll only accept if I'm far away enough from NYC to earn a bit of money and it's during non rush hours. I immediately text pax and ask destination before I even start the car. If it's LGA or JFK I'll usually ask pax to cancel. If it's a Manhattan trip and it's mid morning or mid afternoon I may take the trip depending on my mood and pax rating.

2savage

Longer trips typically increase your $$$ per hour. Took two yesterday. One for 1 hr 20 mins at $61 and the other for 47 mins at $35.60. Although I ended up in Danbury CT I managed to snag a ride from Westchester Airport to Tarrytown which went a long way to getting me home again. The day ended up at $160 in 6.5 hours. So, I will always take long rides providing I'm not going to LGA/JFK and not about to quit and go home.

Wrb06wrx

I almost always take 45+trips as its usually highway driving got one from suffolk to hazlet nj last saturday night and made 113 dollars in 1hr 20minutes... plus 20cash tip not great but not terrible either still got back to my area in time to pick up 2 surge rides home from the bar not a bad night for me made 170 gross in 5 hrs

Irishjohn831

Is there a way to tell which way they are going ?

I noticed the 45 minute alert had become less and less, you used to get it for JFK Airport runs, not anymore.

Also stinks they changed destination filter number, I just realized today with 6 you could essentially make Westchester County airport a destination to offset lga and jfk airport calls that cost money in the long run.