What's your plan post COVID-19?

wilsonz83

My fellow ants, at this difficult time I am sure most of us do have lots of time to think about our future. This time we are lucky to get some help from the government, but due to the uncertainty of your income, what are you going to do after this ends?(well if it's going to end some day). are you still thinking to do ride share as your sole income? or you are thinking to learn something and land a job?

Personally I am still have a full time WFH job but I did sign up some new course to make sure if I get laid off I can find another job.

DriverRI

Definitely having different sources of income and not just one (uber/rideshare) will make a big difference.

There has been some advice before about learning new trades or degree and having a steady job with benefits (going from full-time rideshare to just suplemental income) ... even better opening your own business. Think about if there is a specific need in your area and what can you offer that will make a difference compared to the competition.

You can start small and grow from there. Best wishes to each one of you.

DDW

There will be TONS of Uber drivers when everything opens backup because all these people laid off are going to start driving for Uber and then we will have loads of Drivers and very few passengers still

wilsonz83

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There will be TONS of Uber drivers when everything opens backup because all these people laid off are going to start driving for Uber and then we will have loads of Drivers and very few passengers still
I think so too. Anyway it was already hard to make money, at this point I think the only way out is to polish your resume and get a job, at least if next time you can get UI. If they are going to do as the guideline Uber drivers won't get any money from UI.

dssoper

I have already learned and started in the business of digital marketing, established LLC etc.. the problem lies in lack of money/credit to actually pay for advertising. So...need to continue polishing those skills so an actual company will hire me in the meantime and I can spend their money instead. Otherwise, I will be getting a job in my previous job which is accounts receivable to tide me over. I am actually moving back to salt lake city end of June and may possibly work for the apt complex I am moving in to. Discount on rent!! I will continue to work Uber/grubhub on weekends but I can't continue solely on the Uber path.

wilsonz83

I have already learned and started in the business of digital marketing, established LLC etc.. the problem lies in lack of money/credit to actually pay for advertising. So...need to continue polishing those skills so an actual company will hire me in the meantime and I can spend their money instead. Otherwise, I will be getting a job in my previous job which is accounts receivable to tide me over. I am actually moving back to salt lake city end of June and may possibly work for the apt complex I am moving in to. Discount on rent!! I will continue to work Uber/grubhub on weekends but I can't continue solely on the Uber path.
Hey we might do a party before you go, after all one ant less more business for us all!

wilsonz83

Probably not gonna see me up there- I hate cold weather. Though my sister is in NorCo, so maybe
She should post some fake earning here and Houston/Miami forum, then all the cubans will be gone, works for us!
Post automatically merged:

I think my rideshare journey comes to an end, was able to make Uber/Lyft pay me some bc if the infection but they both require a doctor's note to reactivate my account. Just finished my real estate course so maybe focus my spare time on this rather than struggling with rideshare. Good luck to y'all and whenever you decide to purchase or sell a property don't forget to give me a DM. I will be still hanging out here tho just don't evict me pls:thumbup:

Last edited:

Ziggy

She should post some fake earning here and Houston/Miami forum, then all the cubans will be gone, works for us!

I think my rideshare journey comes to an end, was able to make Uber/Lyft pay me some bc if the infection but they both require a doctor's note to reactivate my account. Just finished my real estate course so maybe focus my spare time on this rather than struggling with rideshare. Good luck to y'all and whenever you decide to purchase or sell a property don't forget to give me a DM. I will be still hanging out here tho just don't evict me pls:thumbup:
Safe travels Wilson. I’ll DM you when I start shopping for a new house. 1 less premier ant :wink:

dssoper

WIIIILLSOOOON.... Don't gooooo!!! Currently my account is deactivated too because dumb checkr. they keep pointing fingers at each other. I forgot to upload my Texas D. L. so when they did a random check they see Texas and Uber says Utah so they cancel me! damn @@@@@@s I swear... forgive my politically incorrect words! 👌😁😜😉

Probably not gonna see me up there- I hate cold weather. Though my sister is in NorCo, so maybe
I hate cold too... that's why I came here. but... gotta do what I Gotta do. miss my parents and friends.

Last edited:

wilsonz83

WIIIILLSOOOON.... Don't gooooo!!! Currently my account is deactivated too because dumb checkr. they keep pointing fingers at each other. I forgot to upload my Texas D. L. so when they did a random check they see Texas and Uber says Utah so they cancel me! damn @@@@@@s I swear... forgive my politically incorrect words! 👌😁😜😉

I hate cold too... that's why I came here. but... gotta do what I Gotta do. miss my parents and friends.
I am going to drive at SLC only!!!!

cokitmoce

I'm wondering how long they'll let us collect unemployment. Just because Abbot opens the state up on the first doesn't mean there will be any work.

Real FM Steve

The Gov. Abbott Will drop the no job search requirement and we all will have to try to get jobs in the real world (GULP!)
to get a check.

Noonespecial

Yep. Its time to risk your life to save the stock market. I just got approved for my first UI payment. I too think it wont last more than a week or two.

TNCTopher

The expanded UI and PUA is funded by the US Treasury and Texas is only administering the program. So the Governor doesn't really have any skin in the game but he should make the effort to keep cash in people's pockets. Just because people can start going out doesn't mean they will or have the money. That's the only way to restart the economy so it doesn't make much sense to cut people off too early.

On the other hand, the Iowa Governor just announced that those that don't go back to work after her state reopens will be considered to have "voluntary quit". So there is that.