What's your best surge ride?$

Brian G.

I have never had a ride over $60. Yesterday was a surge 2.2 40 min trip about 15 miles to logan airport. In my pocket was $57. What is your best trip and how much?

HotRodriguez75

Getting the highest surge is about knowing a specific event or location is going to surge, being in that area waiting and offline, predicting where the surge will peak based number of other drivers and the amount of people at said event or location, and then staying offline. Of course, the key here is finding a long ride versus a short ride as you only have one ride out of an event at the surge peak.

4.5 Surge about a month ago

upload_2016-8-8_10-48-42.png

4.1 Surge last week

upload_2016-8-8_10-49-24.png

UberJu

Those are great surges

Getting the highest surge is about knowing a specific event or location is going to surge, being in that area waiting and offline, predicting where the surge will peak based number of other drivers and the amount of people at said event or location, and then staying offline. Of course, the key here is finding a long ride versus a short ride as you only have one ride out of an event at the surge peak.

4.5 Surge about a month ago

View attachment 53435

4.1 Surge last week

View attachment 53436

Brian G.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes Boston doesn't offer surge all that often. I rather travel 6-7 miles away from the city 3-4 times in a 10 hour shift and make my $15-20 per trip. I start around 4am and I live and start from home about 7.5 miles from Logan Airport. I may hit a surge 1-2 times a shift some days not at all with doing 20-24 trips per shift.

Transportador

4.0X for me from Levi's Stadium to downtown San Jose, 11 miles net $40 for me. Most of the time it's only around 1.5X to 2.0X because I don't drive at bar closing time.

Brian G.

4.0X for me from Levi's Stadium to downtown San Jose, 11 miles net $40 for me. Most of the time it's only around 1.5X to 2.0X because I don't drive at bar closing time.
That's it $40 for a 11 mile ride at 4.0x how much does Uber pay per mile in your city?

Reactions: ctb

Transportador

That's it $40 for a 11 mile ride at 4.0x how much does Uber pay per mile in your city?
A lousy $0.85 per mile and $0.15 a minute for San Jose. It's better in San Francisco at $1.15 a mile.

I happened to be in the area. I don't chase surge. The high surge comes with traffic jams (ball games, concerts) and you end up taking forever to pick up, forever to get out of the area toward destination. Mostly people take short rides when it surges high. It wastes your time. Unless there is something like a train wreck causing mass transit break down, then it's party time :-)

Brian G.

Damn man that is pretty low. It's $1.24 here in Boston. Is it consistently busy though?

Transportador

Yes it is busy most of the time. When you drive here you end up in SF a lot also. It also surges everyday late at night (bar closing and early morning airport trips). But that's when I'm sleeping due to my day job.

Brian G.

Oh ok. Same here I don't work nights or weekends. I do work early mornings but no surges. I did have a day time job but unfortunately I drive Uber full time as of now. The money isn't bad though.

Transportador

If you drive full time then you can taylor your schedule to match the surge time, commute time, airport run time if you can, and make more money. Here they give incentives to drive during morning and afternoon commutes. But that's when I can't drive.

Brian G.

Exactly but I can't work the evening rush and chasing incentives are pointless especially doing all those pool jobs that don't always work out. I do ok for the hours I do work.

jack badly

I work Boston morning rush hour too. There are drivers saying they make 30-35 bucks/hr at night but I am not down with dealing with the chaos from drinkers and it is 2-3x more difficult to drive at night cuz its nighttime. Also Some drivers forgot to turn on their head lights..

Brian G.

Nice man. I start in the medford tuffs area around 4am. I usually average 3-4 airports in that area every shift. I can make $75-85 in the first 3 hours and after that its around $15 or more per hr.

jack badly

I would like to start ubering at 4am some days to see what's it like. Waking up that early is my biggest issue but I think I can overcome that.

Routinely, I start at 7am and I earn about 20/hr. Today, it is roughly 30/hr due to picking up several surge trips. Airport trip is very lucrative but I only averaged one trip/morning. I would like to do those 10-15 times per day if they have it. I live near fenway so most of my pax are commuters to work.

Brian G.

Wow that's still a good average. I average after all expenses $15-$20 per hour. I live by medford/malden area. It is hard to wake up at 330am for a 4am start but its worth it. When you see your waybill at 7am its not so bad. I do end up sleeping in some days and start around 6am but then work until 4pm. What's your total lifetime trips so far?