What's your average week of tips?

MonkeyTOES

Since tips was introduced I've been getting $30 to $50 per week. How is weekly tips for everyone?

Highest tip: $10
Lowest: $1 (like wtf)

Last edited:

i_k

I had a nice incident last week. Lady asked me if I could stop at the Drugstore and wait for her. She said she would give me a tip. I said OK. I waited half-hour. Long story short, $10.00 Trip, $30.00 Tip.

I had a girl in her 20's last week hop in the front seat. She was very friendly. Two minutes into the ride she asks me if she can do a bump, said she would give me a $10 tip. Then with a smile on her face said, "Don't worry, if we get pulled over I'll put it in my :eek:."

I chuckled and said, "Yeah ok, go ahead."

She takes a quick bump, then holds out the small bag for me. "No I'm good, thanks anyway," I said.

She insisted.

I thought about it for a moment, but passed. We begin to have a nice conversation. She then tells me about the first time she met her real dad at a club, and how he offered her K, she accepted and they were both so high. I was starting to feel sorry for her after telling me all this. She seemed so sweet.

The conversation continued for the 20 minute trip.

We get close to her destination and she thanks me for everything and tells me again she'll leave me a $10 tip.

Well, 1 week later and what do you know... no tip! :mad:

Moral of the story: Never trust a druggy.

Karl Marx

I had a girl in her 20's last week hop in the front seat. She was very friendly. Two minutes into the ride she asks me if she can do a bump, said she would give me a $10 tip. Then with a smile on her face said, "Don't worry, if we get pulled over I'll put it in my :eek:."

I chuckled and said, "Yeah ok, go ahead."

She takes a quick bump, then holds out the small bag for me. "No I'm good, thanks anyway," I said.

She insisted.

I thought about it for a moment, but passed. We begin to have a nice conversation. She then tells me about the first time she met her real dad at a club, and how he offered her K, she accepted and they were both so high. I was starting to feel sorry for her after telling me all this. She seemed so sweet.

The conversation continued for the 20 minute trip.

We get close to her destination and she thanks me for everything and tells me again she'll leave me a $10 tip.

Well, 1 week later and what do you know... no tip! :mad:

Moral of the story: Never trust a druggy.

Kind of goes without saying. I recall picking up a producer at T2 at Pearson and driving him dtn. He was in the back seat and he pulled out a gold cigarette case with pre rolled doobies, with filters! He was the producer of the Boob Tube 1975. Crazy film. Its' on youtube. I did take one and smoked it later. Strange dude. The movie had a lot of publicity and I don't doubt it made him money. On another note. I recall a strange conversation between two producers from LA and I could quite plainly hear them in the back seat discussing not a movie but rather a market for a movie. They decided they would worry about what type of movie after they agreed on the market first. Now that was strange. I am really revealing my age!

Last edited:
Reactions: i_k

i_k

Kind of goes without saying. I recall picking up a producer at T2 at Pearson and driving him dtn. He was in the back seat and he pulled out a gold cigarette case with pre rolled doobies, with filters! He was the producer of the Boob Tube 1975. Crazy film. Its' on youtube. I did take one and smoked it later. Strange dude. The movie had a lot of publicity and I don't doubt it made him money. On another note. I recall a strange conversation between two producers from LA and I could quite plainly hear them in the back seat discussing not a movie but rather a market for a movie. They decided they would worry about what type of movie after they agreed on the market first. Now that was strange. I am really revealing my age!
Looks like a cool movie, I might have to check it out.

The life of a producer is certainly interesting. :cool:

Karl Marx

Looks like a cool movie, I might have to check it out.

The life of a producer is certainly interesting. :cool:

I was always struck at how people would reveal so much of themselves when I drove hack.

Last edited:

i_k

I was always struck at how people would reveal so much of themselves when I drive hack.

I know, eh? I think some people trust drivers more than they would a psychiatrist. They just open right up. I guess it's the fact that they'll never see us again, so why not let it all out.

Other times riders talking amongst themselves like we're not sitting two feet in front of them. To them we're just a robot..

Karl Marx

I know, eh? I think some people trust drivers more than they would a psychiatrist. They just open right up. I guess it's the fact that they'll never see us again, so why not let it all out.

Other times riders talking amongst themselves like we're not sitting two feet in front of them. To them we're just a robot..
In the 70 and 80's it was still relatively dangerous driving, you had to watch out for knives, bottles, angry boyfriends, undercover cops, the mob, other cabbies and Roberto Alomar's mother. Could have done more lucrative summer and part time jobs but the cab was like a beckoning siren. During the end of a dull and boring last period history class I could see my boss from my classroom window swapping out my car for Cab 7. I learned more in an evening than I did in an entire semester of history. The city and the people were mine to discover.

Reactions: i_k

Lolinator

karl from springfield?