Inshur

what's wrong with this picture (Needs an Eagle eyed)

Mr. Mister

Fantastic! :wink:
When are black can drivers gonna be rated ? (that will be entertaining :biggrin:)
Black taxis are already rated. They have been rated for years. The best Taxi service on the planet. Period. Year after year. Not by people on an Uber forum, but by the people that matter. Hotel com. Business insider. CNN. The Economist. Traveler com. Tripadvisor etc etc etc. And other major organisations in over 33 countries in the world. The original Uber hype and surge (no pun intended) damaged the trade temporarily. But people are coming back to the Taxi trade in their thousands after trying Uber out, and business has been increasing month on month for some time. A few years ago, Addison Lee were going to finish the Taxi trade. Then Uber were going to finish the trade. Guess what, the trade is still here. Theres an old saying, the cream always rises to the top, and people are realising that if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. The London taxi trade will eventually die. But it wont be Uber that kills it. It will be driverless car technology. The irony is that your 20% will be used to fund technology that will put you out of work.

Last edited:

ill be bach

Black taxis are already rated. They have been rated for years. The best Taxi service on the planet. Year after year. Not by people on an Uber forum, but by the people that matter. Hotel com. Business insider. CNN. The Economist. Traveler com. Tripadvisor etc etc etc. And other major organisations in over 33 countries in the world.
I wonder how much in back handers black can drivers dish out to secure that rating....hmmm :rolleyes:
Because judging by all the complaints i hear from my riders, they should be rated 1!
out of 100

Mr. Mister

I wonder how much in back handers black can drivers dish out to secure that rating....hmmm :rolleyes:
Because judging by all the complaints i hear from my riders, they should be rated 1!
out of 100
Not a penny. Zilch. Nadda. The combined wealth of the London taxi trade put together isnt enough to sway the opinion of companies of that quality. it would be the equivalent of offering Man Utd 50 quid to throw a game. And with all the billions that Uber have floating about, they still cant buy the respect the London Taxi trade has around the world. Ask a tourist why they come to London......to see Big Ben, Tower of London, Red Buses, Houses of Parliament, ride in a London Taxi and experience the legend that is a London Licensed Taxi driver. Have you ever heard one say Im going to London to sit in an Uber Prius ?
As for your riders (or pax as you call them, how quaint), of course they will say that. They say what they think you want to hear. All they care about is price. Ping ping a fiver or 75p a mile.

Phil4369

X riders complaining about a service 90% of them have never tried as it costs more than their next can of cider?

That's made my night.

After 30 yrs of driving minicabs, it was x riders that inspired me to push on with the KOL, inspired that I'd never again have to share the same air with them, their weird beards, aux cables and chavy friends.

ill be bach

Not a penny. Zilch. Nadda. The combined wealth of the London taxi trade put together isnt enough to sway the opinion of companies of that quality. it would be the equivalent of offering Man Utd 50 quid to throw a game. And with all the billions that Uber have floating about, they still cant buy the respect the London Taxi trade has around the world. Ask a tourist why they come to London......to see Big Ben, Tower of London, Red Buses, Houses of Parliament, ride in a London Taxi and experience the legend that is a London Licensed Taxi driver. Have you ever heard one say Im going to London to sit in an Uber Prius ?
As for your riders (or pax as you call them, how quaint), of course they will say that. They say what they think you want to hear. All they care about is price. Ping ping a fiver or 75p a mile.
Until, they finally get to ride in a black can and realise that the drivers are the most rude, arrogant and bigoted they've ever met and probably never return to London!
Oh and Uber drivers do not determine the amount of the fare, Ubers app does that.

Mr. Mister

Until, they finally get to ride in a black can and realise that the drivers are the most rude, arrogant and bigoted they've ever met and probably never return to London!
Oh and Uber drivers do not determine the amount of the fare, Ubers app does that.
Well its obvious that your opinion is more important than the millions that have voted black taxis the best on Tripadvisor, Hotel and all the other sites Ive mentioned previously, and they never return to London. Did they all tell you this personally ?
Taxi drivers dont set the fare on the meter either. It is set by TFL using a proven set of protocols to ensure that the driver gets paid an amount of money that rewards him for the work hes put in to become the best, taking into account the running costs of the vehicle, the cost of living, and his expertise in his craft. Uber on the other hand, make billions, the passengers get a cheaper fare than if they jumped on a bus, and the drivers get shafted left right and center. You mentioned thick cab drivers in an earlier post..........let me know when the penny drops wont you.

ill be bach

Well its obvious that your opinion is more important than the millions that have voted black taxis the best on Tripadvisor, Hotel and all the other sites Ive mentioned previously, and they never return to London. Did they all tell you this personally ?
Taxi drivers dont set the fare on the meter either. It is set by TFL using a proven set of protocols to ensure that the driver gets paid an amount of money that rewards him for the work hes put in to become the best, taking into account the running costs of the vehicle, the cost of living, and his expertise in his craft. Uber on the other hand, make billions, the passengers get a cheaper fare than if they jumped on a bus, and the drivers get shafted left right and center. You mentioned thick cab drivers in an earlier post..........let me know when the penny drops wont you.
"Well its obvious that your opinion is more important than the millions that have voted black taxis the best on Tripadvisor, Hotel and all the other sites Ive mentioned previously"

C'mon, you've got to be naive to think that those companies don't get anything out of it!, we know the protocols with Hotels. :wink:

"and they never return to London. Did they all tell you this personally ?"

No, i read it on a forum.

"It is set by TFL using a proven set of protocols to ensure that the driver gets paid an amount of money that rewards him for the work hes put in"

As mentioned previously in another thread, the driver can charge less IF/WHEN they wanted to.

"and the drivers get shafted left right and center. You mentioned thick cab drivers in an earlier post..........let me know when the penny drops wont you"

You can't guage intelligence by earnings, the proof is here in this forum, just read all the comments from black cab drivers and it soon becomes apparent
Uber isn't the only company i work with, i enjoy the flexibility. :wink:
Let me know when you manage to acquire a perspective other than the single one you have.