Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

whats wrong with this math

Pay 
2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  WaveRunner1 
#1 ·
found about 1o of these discrepancies on the last week of trips. is this the upfront pricing scam.
Rectangle Map Font Parallel Screenshot

another one.
Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

See less See more
#7 ·
Uber already shows negative balance on their net received with drivers still getting their standard mile and time rate.

Did you drive 9.65 miles? Did you drive for 31 minutes? Is your per mile rate $0.64 a mile? Is your per minute rate $0.12 a minute? If the answer is yes to all 4 questions, what exactly is the scam?

#11 ·
I actually just had this happen to me, I called Uber's support number, and the lady told me that my rider agreed to pay a flat rate instead of the estimate. I told her that's bullshit cause my rider told me what his estimate was when he got in the car. I also said that I've never once had the option of choosing a flat fee when I use Uber as a rider. Rider told me his estimate was around $16, this shows me he was charged 24.71 plus my tip. Uber is robbing riders.

Attachments

#14 ·
I actually just had this happen to me, I called Uber's support number, and the lady told me that my rider agreed to pay a flat rate instead of the estimate. I told her that's bullshit cause my rider told me what his estimate was when he got in the car. I also said that I've never once had the option of choosing a flat fee when I use Uber as a rider. Rider told me his estimate was around $16, this shows me he was charged 24.71 plus my tip. Uber is robbing riders.
How do flat rates work in Philly is it restricted to places like the airport?

#15 ·
How do flat rates work in Philly is it restricted to places like the airport?
ALL customers agree to pay a flat rate,

I'm convinced that it isn't in ANY WAY tied to the distance/estimated drive time. It's whatever uber wants to charge a customer with absolutely no rational explanation.

One time i picked up some folks at convention time here in Orlando. These 2 guys ordering an uber AT THE SAME TIME FROM THE SAME HOTEL GOING TO THE SAME DESTINATION, were quoted prices that were 50% different.

I ended up taking them both in a taxi for less than their flat rates combined. Because I flat out offered just to take them both or $45 total.

($45 in a taxi)
Customer 1($20)
Customer 2($30)

I ended up charging each of their company cards $22.50.

#16 ·
Yup. This is their upfront pricing scam. Unethical and immoral. They launched 180 Days Of Scams to cover this up and make it seem like they care when in reality 180 days were minimal changes while they continue to literally rape and plunder fares via upfront fares scam and ever so increasing booking fees.

Never use Uber navigation. It will always take you the shortest possible physical route even if it takes longer. Always use Google Maps. Second, once you accept your first Pool request, click stop new requests. Picking up multiple passengers is never worth it unless there's a crazy surge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.