What's with single pax getting XL

4aseason

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So if keeps happening right. I asked the pax did he order XL. He said yes, but he wanted X. They kept trying to put him in Uberpool he said. So his only option was XL. He didn't want Uberpool

warrior lady

Sometimes they order XL because XL is closer to their location. Sometimes it's by accident, and sometimes they don't want to squeeze into an X. Also 2x I've driven people with a bike they are hauling home.

I also wonder if Uber is purposely givning me XL Only during the gauranteed $30-$35/hour. Because XL rides don't count for that.
Anyone else experienced that?

-Next week I would rather have bronze status, not gold. I would rather have the trip boosters because usually the gauranteed hours get messed up with XL ride.

Brandon Nagbe

Sometimes they order XL because XL is closer to their location. Sometimes it's by accident, and sometimes they don't want to squeeze into an X. Also 2x I've driven people with a bike they are hauling home.

I also wonder if Uber is purposely givning me XL Only during the gauranteed $30-$35/hour. Because XL rides don't count for that.

-Next week I would rather have bronze status, not gold. I would rather have the trip boosters because usually the gauranteed hours get messed up with XL ride.
I want to know how do you get a airport license to do xl

Brandon Nagbe

And why are you worried about xl hourly? Every time I took a xl it was almost 100 dollars

Brandon Nagbe

A lot of times my XL rides are for very short distances, within DC, so only $7-$12.
Really? The cancel is 10 dollars the starting rate is 15.part of xl is that you have to have commercial issues and you have to have a airport license. ...under the requirements

nutzareus

You don't need commercial license or insurance to drive UberXL. I briefly had a Chrysler Town & Country on the platform but removed the van because millennials would use it as a clown car on weekends.

Brandon Nagbe

You don't need commercial license or insurance to drive UberXL. I briefly had a Chrysler Town & Country on the platform but removed the van because millennials would use it as a clown car on weekends.
ok well I'm confused. That sounds like uber suv. Evrytime I got a xl a range rover or caddllic pill up

Ubermanpt

When I drove and did xl I would get single pax all the time. A lot of work people get their uber paid from work and like the bigger car, some people order because it is the closest, and some do by mistake. hard to do guarantee hours because xl ride would screw things up and also xl rides don't count for boost either. So not only do they take 28% for the xl rides, they also don't pay for bonuses and boosts

Brandon Nagbe

When I drove and did xl I would get single pax all the time. A lot of work people get their uber paid from work and like the bigger car, some people order because it is the closest, and some do by mistake. hard to do guarantee hours because xl ride would screw things up and also xl rides don't count for boost either. So not only do they take 28% for the xl rides, they also don't pay for bonuses and boosts
that cleared up everything. A guy told me he would make 1500 a week in college park in a navigator back in the day. So I was thinking with the boost out in dc you could make 3k a week....no boost? Or any rewards? No need to get a gas machine. unless I want to pick up x to 10 o'clock, wait to the rewards are over, than do xl and look around to try to get surge, stop at like 1 before every one gets drunk wasted.

Last edited:

gg mh

Many reasons. 1) if there is a surge above 1.8x, XL is cheaper and Uber pushes it because they get 20 percent. 2) they are rich and there was no Uber SUV or Black 3) they are claustrophobic and/or think smaller cars are less safe (which I think is true). 4) they are shopping or have luggage that they think will not fit in an UberX based on previous drivers with cars full of stuff.

In any case, these are my favorite clients (especially number 1 and 2). You make more money without the hustle.

Ubermanpt

Definitely the best pax, while I actually enjoyed taking the college kids out and cranking the music I hated telling the ones had drinks to not being them in over and over. AU students were the ones who always had drinks with them but were also the coolest.